Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Greg said:

Finished season five of Voltron and Dexter (the 4th time I think). Started season two of A Series of Unfortunate Events. Watching the Rosanne revival on Hulu with the misses and love it this far.

Aren't you afraid Rosanne will poison your mind with a character who voted for Trump?
  • CleafusCleafus Posts: 5
    Sopranos. Didn't have HBO back in the day. Starting second season.
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I’m watching Big Mouth. One of the funniest shows I’ve seen in a long time.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Cleafus said:

Sopranos. Didn't have HBO back in the day. Starting second season.

Enjoy! That whole series, but especially those first two seasons, are amazing. And I think have stood up to the test of time, now that there are so many prestige dramas that have come along to try to do what Sopranos and Oz did first.

And Nancy Marchand was a force. Stole every scene she was in.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    I watched season one of Oz streaming.boy that was a little tough
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    mwhitt80 said:

It is definitely brutal (sometimes, I think, overly so), and overall not as strong, and probably not as enduring, as Sopranos. But I list it more as a serialized prestige drama that look risks and did things that I think made later shows possible, the ones that always get listed as the new Golden Age of TV (Sopranos, Mad Men, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, The Wire, etc.). And I feel like Oz often gets left out of that history, but it made a big impact on what would be possible, and showing what could get an audience.
  • kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    Just finished watching The Punisher. Again, a shorter episode count would've been better for these Netflix Marvel shows. But the story was good, and Jon Bernthal was compelling, though he needs to stop mumbling so much. Looking forward to season 2.
    David_D said:

mwhitt80 said:

It is definitely brutal (sometimes, I think, overly so), and overall not as strong, and probably not as enduring, as Sopranos. But I list it more as a serialized prestige drama that look risks and did things that I think made later shows possible, the ones that always get listed as the new Golden Age of TV (Sopranos, Mad Men, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, The Wire, etc.). And I feel like Oz often gets left out of that history, but it made a big impact on what would be possible, and showing what could get an audience.
    I think you are right. Boy it is hard for me to think of Juno's dad as anything else.
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    mwhitt80 said:

David_D said:

mwhitt80 said:

I think you are right. Boy it is hard for me to think of Juno's dad as anything else.
    Even J Jonah Jameson or Jim Gordon? Okay nobody probably remembers the last one.

I associate him as Jameson and the teacher in Whiplash
    Baahubali: The Beginning and Baahubali 2: The Conclusion

Both were my first experience with Indian cinema. Which through research I understand were Tollywood films and not Bollywood. But I had a great time with both. Some unbelievable action. A very charismatic lead. And just a great sense of fun. If I had a small nitpick for both I’d say some of the musical numbers went a little too long.

But both are on Netflix and well worth time if you have it.
    edited April 2018
    DAR said:

mwhitt80 said:

David_D said:

mwhitt80 said:

Even J Jonah Jameson or Jim Gordon? Okay nobody probably remembers the last one.

Yeah when he is brading his cellmate's butt with a cigarette lighter. It's pretty much the role a lot of people will remember him for.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    mwhitt80 said:

DAR said:

mwhitt80 said:

David_D said:

mwhitt80 said:

Yeah when he is brading his cellmate's butt with a cigarette lighter. It's pretty much the role a lot of people will remember him for.
    Are you talking about that guy from the State Farm insurance commercials?
    You going to argue with his estimate?
  • kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    I've just finished watching the 2 part documentary Elvis:The Searcher. It's very gratifying to see a documentary that focuses primarily on Presleys importance as an artist and avoids-or at least puts in perspective-the more sensationalist aspects of his life. Highly recommended.
    Barry on HBO is great
  • TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    DAR said:

Barry on HBO is great

Just googled it to see what it was. Sounds awesome. Gonna put it on my list.
  • TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    Almost done with season 1 of Boardwalk Empire. Big mafia fan, so don't know why I never watched this before.
    I'm hearing that Cobra Kai is great. Question is do I want to give YouTube Red a spin.
    I can confirm first two episodes are great.
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Been binge watching a bunch of stuff recently.

Community-I never watched this when it was airing. Then got season 1 on DVD for cheap.Watched it all in 2 days. Over the past week I have watched seasons 2 and 3. Great show with a great cast.

The Mick-Somehow I never knew this show existed. Watched season 1 yesterday and it is great.

Cobra Kai-Not a huge fan of the Karate Kid movies. But my lady wanted to see it. So we signed up for the Youtube Red free trial. And ended up watching all ten episodes in one night. To me this was better than any of the movies. And I can't wait to see the second season.

Looking forward to the new seasons of Orange is the New Black and GLOW next month.
    Wild Wild Country on Netflix-It's a six episode documentary about this cult that started in India comes over to a town in Oregon. Some crazy stuff.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Season 2 of "The Toys that Made Us" is out now. Season 1 was a lot of fun nostalgia.

Episodes:
    1. Star Trek
    2. Transformers
    3. LEGO
    4. Hello Kitty
    fredzilla said:

Season 2 of "The Toys that Made Us" is out now. Season 1 was a lot of fun nostalgia.

Episodes:
    1. Star Trek
    2. Transformers
    3. LEGO
    4. Hello Kitty

Ooh thanks for the heads up
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    fredzilla said:

Episodes:
    1. Star Trek
    2. Transformers
    3. LEGO
    4. Hello Kitty

I just watched the Transformers episode and I was disappointed that they didn't discuss the Alternators line at all. Some of the best sculpts in the entire line. Great marrying of real life and cartoon look, but was completely overlooked. Oh well. Fun stuff anyway.
  • MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Really enjoyed Altered Carbon.
    If you have Hulu there’s a whole slew of DC animated films up
  • The_PampThe_Pamp Posts: 11
    Have been marathoning some stuff lately:

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt- Consistently funny, like most of Tina Fey's projects.

Arrested Development- This is my go to when there is nothing worth watching. Season 5 is not as good as the "classic" episodes, but it is better than season 4...by a lot.

Cobra Kai- It's okay. There's more character development in this than the movies had, which isn't saying much. There are nice touches, but there are some very unbelievable things that simply don't register. I'll stick with it though.

Finished season 2 of Westworld.-Not sure I could exactly tell you what happened. Just very convoluted. I'm passing on season 3
  • PeterPeter Posts: 470
    Finally completed my Cheers rewatch on the path to a Frasier binge watch. Surprised how few episodes of Cheers I missed over the years - although Season 11 - which is really strong - was mostly new to me. It made the finale (which I've seen before) even more emotional. That show definitely holds up.

Oh - and Voltron. Watch it!!!
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Finished Voltron season 6, the Night Shift, the Toys That Made Us season 2. Binged the first season of Luke Cage with the wife yesterday and we rolled into season 2. So far it's her favorite of the Marvel netflix stuff.