Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

1171819202123»

Comments

• David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Cleafus said:

David_D said:

Welcome aboard, @Cleafus !

I think it is #3:

You actually have *five* daughters.

Hi David, you are correct with #3 but wrong number. I have 2 daughters. :)
    Suuuuuuure you do ;)
  • OriusOrius Posts: 188
    edited May 2018

Hey true believers! It's so good to be here. This looks like a fun comic book community, which is exactly what I've been desperately searching for over the past few days, an active forum I could be a part of. So let's get on with the introductions!

I'm a 28 year old Chinese from Singapore who's a huge Spider-Man fan since I first watched the '90s animated series. My other interests include anime, movies, and the occasional video games. Currently, I'm trying to catch up with Spider-Man comics, beginning with my rereading of BND a few weeks ago.

Right now, I'm up to the Spider Island saga, an arc that, frankly speaking, wasn't really one of my favorites when I first read it back then - event crossovers rarely are, even Spider-Man related events. But I'll get to that in the future when I get to posting in the forum. Seems like you have a few places here and there where I could share my thoughts on the current comics I'm reading. :smile:

Anyway, that's about it from me for now. Feel free to ask me any questions that you might have. For now, here's my two truths and one lie:

1. My favorite movies are Pixar movies
    2. Josh Keaton is my favorite Spider-Man
    3. I love Spider-Man 2 more than Spider-Man: Homecoming.
    Welcome aboard @Orius

It is tough one to guess, but I am going to say #3 is the lie.
  • OriusOrius Posts: 188
    edited May 2018
    David_D said:

Welcome aboard @Orius

It is tough one to guess, but I am going to say #3 is the lie.

Nope, sorry. Good guess, considering that I used a pic of Spidey from Civil War (who later went on to Homecoming), but that's a truth. I didn't really enjoy Homecoming as I felt it didn't define Peter's everyday struggles enough. Spider-Man 2, on the other hand, was the embodiment of "That ol' Parker luck."

Two more statements remain. Wanna take another guess which one's the truth? :tongue: Thanks for the welcome, by the way. :wink:
  • The_PampThe_Pamp Posts: 11
    Hello everyone. Alright...2 truths and a lie, hmmmm.

1. I have 2 daughters and 4 cats
    2. I work at a vinyl record stamping facility
    3. I was a member of the original iteration of these here forums.

The_Pamp said:

Welcome back, @The_Pamp !
    David_D said:

The_Pamp said:

Good to be back.
    The_Pamp said:

David_D said:

The_Pamp said:

Good to be back.
    And I’m gonna guess that #1 is not true. You have more daughters or cats than that.
    David_D said:

The_Pamp said:

David_D said:

The_Pamp said:

Good to be back.
    And I’m gonna guess that #1 is not true. You have more daughters or cats than that.
    Any more kids or cats and I'm going to have to buy the house next door for space.

The lie is #2 and it was a lazy lie at that. I was looking at my record collection when I came up with it.
    The_Pamp said:

David_D said:

The_Pamp said:

David_D said:

The_Pamp said:

Good to be back.
    Any more kids or cats and I'm going to have to buy the house next door for space.

The lie is #2 and it was a lazy lie at that. I was looking at my record collection when I came up with it.
    It worked, though. It seemed to good to be true and therefore I thought it was a tactical use of something that *was* true. Alas.
  • PeterPeter Posts: 470
    The_Pamp said:

Wow! it's the Pamp!
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Hey yall. Did this years ago. But it feels like I have joined the forums again.

1.I started collecting comics when I was 4.
    2.I was asked to leave a con after calling Todd McFarlane a "no talent hack who ripped off Faust with Spawn!"
    3.In 2011 I bought 5 copies of Uncanny X men 129,all close to near mint shape, for a buck each.
  • Greetings! I'm Dave Beasley and stumbled upon the podcasts a couple of weeks ago while looking for something else to listen to other than Critical Role. My first comic was Heroes Against Hunger in 1986 at the ripe old age of 7! I wouldn't actively start collecting until much later when I heard Superman was being killed off on a prime time news broadcast in 1992. I instantly hit the news racks, but had difficulty navigating the various disarray of the grocery stores in my area. My hometown would eventually get a genuine comic shop in 1993 and my collection addiction would forever be fed!

Two truths, One lie:

I own every issue of a Superman ongoing title since John Bryne's "Man of Steel".

I've played a game of Space Cadets with Will Wheaton.

My three kids are all named after comic book characters.

• Hi! My name is Anthony, I've been listening to cgs for about 5 or 6 years. I bought my first comic in 2005 it was Wolverine #93 and infinity war #2 from a used book store.

2 truths 1 lie.

I like liefeld's art.

I have had about a 5 minute one on one conversation with Peter David.

Kevin Eastman is my cousin.

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608

It's the peter david one that's a lie.

• Negative

He did a panel at megacon Orlando a few years back. I stayed behind after everyone left and we talked. He seemed like a nice guy.

• CaptShazam_JrCaptShazam_Jr Posts: 100
    edited May 2021

My name is Jason. I have been reading comics since the mid 1980's. I dropped out of comics in the mid 90's. Since 2011, I have been reading comics in collected edition format and have around 1500 in my house.

Two truths and a lie:

1. I was active in this forum from 2012 to 2018 as @CaptShazam. After a disagreement with management, I have been on a self imposed 3 year exile. Since I no longer have access to the email account I used to originally set up the CaptShazam account, I cannot reset my password. So I will be reborn on the forums as @CaptShazam_Jr

2. My wife loves that I have two rooms in the house filled with collected editions.

3. What got me thinking about the forums again was a recent social media reminder of the 7th anniversary of Jamie D's passing.

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736

I feel this one's pretty much a gimme. Welcome back, Jason!

edited May 2021
  • MaryCarrMaryCarr Posts: 1
    edited August 2021

Hi, my name is Mary, I've been on your forum for a long time but when I thought it was getting too weird I decided to register. So hello people.

Welcome back @MaryCarr hopefully it's not too weird anymore

• I was born in Southern California, my wife is a famous actress, I don’t watch sports,

• Hello everyone. I have been listening for a long time, first time posting.

My name is Chris. I live in Aurora, Illinois. I am a huge comic fan (of course, why else would I be here). I love DC, especially Batman and Sandman, but am a huge fan of Marvel (Spider-Man, X-Men, Captain America, and Iron Man), Walking Dead, Saga, and other quirky and weird comics

Anyway, two truths and a lie:

1. I am an attorney, practicing for 22 years;
    2. I own a copy of Walking Dead no. 1 (first print); and
    3. I have seen my favorite band, Def Leppard, over 10 times in concert.

Rock on, have fun, and keep listening to CGS!

• ShefferzShefferz Posts: 1

Hey guys and gals my names Luke. I joined a while ago but never posted (dont think I've ever used a forum before). Found the podcast in 2019 and fully started listing in late 2020/early 2021

Look forward to being part of the community.

Ok 2 truths 1 lie

- I live in the UK

- I have a comic collection of almost 1000

- I hate pizza !

Good luck guessing. Look forward to talking to you all!