Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Ant-Man and the Wasp (Spoilers. Seen it? Discuss it here!)

Setting this up for those who have seen it to discuss and spoil away. Have at it!

Comments

• MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I’m looking to see this tomorrow morning (would’ve been today, but my wife is taking our daughter to a morning showing of Incredibles 2). One thing I’ve pulled from all the press I’ve watched for this movie is that no one is as happy to have the Wasp as Evangeline Lilly. She seems way more excited then anyone else I recall getting one of these roles (except for some of the Black Panther cast).

I was reading an article with Reed, who commented on the amount of input she gave with how her version should be. That included being sweaty after fights, having less then perfect looking hair when removing the helmet, & having her hair in a ponytail; which made sense when wearing a helmet.
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited July 2018
    I enjoyed the movie. It was a nice tonal difference from Infinity War. It reminded me how event crossovers use to be; the main event book & the crossovers would have tie in moments without being a separate mini-series. They had an entire movie with a moment tying into IW.

The moment definitely can support one of the A4 theories.

I really liked how they de-aged Janet, Hank, & Bill. I had a theory since the prologue of the first one that Bill worked with SHIELD (which just makes sense for that organization). Amazing how Michelle Pfeiffer looks the exact same. The best way to age her seems to be to just give her gray hair.

Story wise, I thought there was some irony in the plot. I read Reed wasn’t fond of the Cross/Yellowjacket plot in the first movie. He came onboard late in preproduction & worked with what was already in place by Wright. He thought it was too Stane/Ironmonger.

Fast forward to the movie he had more control over. He essentially made Iron Man 2. It introduced a ‘new’ character to team up with the establish character (Wasp/War Machine), the sins of the father created a villain (Howard with Vanko, Hank with Ghost’s father), a criminal business man (who wears a light colored suit at 1 point), a malfunctioning suit (Mark II by Vanko, Scott’s was ‘a work in progress’), a repurposed older suit (Mark II becomes the War Machine armor, original Ant-man suit’s regulator was used as a tracker), & someone trying to steal superior tech.