Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Ask Shane or Brian a question...

ShaneKellyShaneKelly Posts: 155
edited March 2012 in World of Toys Archive
Well we shall start anew, any question about toys or the World of Toys episodes post them here. Happy collecting!

Comments

• Do you know if GI Joe's inclusion of "Matt Trakker" was always supposed to be a one time deal or were they actually planning a M.A.S.K. relaunch within the GI Joe brand?
  • Thanks
    Do you know if GI Joe's inclusion of "Matt Trakker" was always supposed to be a one time deal or were they actually planning a M.A.S.K. relaunch within the GI Joe brand?
    Thanks RadioWayne, preempt my question why don't you. I know Shane loves MASK and I was wondering if you have done a spotlight on that toy series? Or even transformers?

BTW Shane, just ordered a Palisades Indiana Jones/Adventure Kermit and regretting that I missed the Palisades series when it was coming out. There is so many of those that I want. I know there was a series for Sesame Street as well, but sorry I'd prefer Muppets, but was there ever an orange variant of Oscar?
  • TheVaultTheVault Posts: 4
    I have been listening to you guys for years, but I cannot remember if you ever did a show about comic books based on toy lines. In the 70's in 80's there was SHogun Warriors, Rom The Space Knight, Micronauts and a lot more. Have you ever thought about doing a show on these types of tie ins? Keep up the great work guys and thanks.
  • ShaneKellyShaneKelly Posts: 155
    Thanks
    Do you know if GI Joe's inclusion of "Matt Trakker" was always supposed to be a one time deal or were they actually planning a M.A.S.K. relaunch within the GI Joe brand?
    Thanks RadioWayne, preempt my question why don't you. I know Shane loves MASK and I was wondering if you have done a spotlight on that toy series? Or even transformers?

BTW Shane, just ordered a Palisades Indiana Jones/Adventure Kermit and regretting that I missed the Palisades series when it was coming out. There is so many of those that I want. I know there was a series for Sesame Street as well, but sorry I'd prefer Muppets, but was there ever an orange variant of Oscar?
    Ok, I have not done a spotlight on M.A.S.K., maybe that will be next. I have been in a M.A.S.K. kind of mood lately.

As for the GI JOE, Matt Tracker...Hasbro stated that was a one time thing. How cool would it be if Hasbro put out a new series in the GI JOE size while also putting out retro ones, like what happened to Thundercats. Man I miss M.A.S.K.

Now on to the Palisades Toys Adventure Kermit. First, very cool. Second, there were three versions of this particular figure. On one of those version, on the back there is a "special thanks" section and my name, Shane Mulholland, is on the back. It is very cool and I never found out why they did it but it is one of the coolest things ever! Let me know if you get one with it on the back.
    I have been listening to you guys for years, but I cannot remember if you ever did a show about comic books based on toy lines. In the 70's in 80's there was SHogun Warriors, Rom The Space Knight, Micronauts and a lot more. Have you ever thought about doing a show on these types of tie ins? Keep up the great work guys and thanks.
    We have not done a WOT on all the comic books based on toys. It always has been on the list though.

• JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    edited March 2012
    do you like just powdered sugar or powdered sugar AND syrup on your french toast? and additionally, do you prefer real maple syrup or that fake stuff.

i know it's off topic, but I just don't care.
  • Have you guys done either a build-a-figure show or a Marvel Legends segement at all? I always enjoy those because you end up with something big at the end but you end up with a lot of exta figures you don't want (i.e. two Age of Apocalypse Weapon Xs just to complete the BAF).

Also, what do you think the best gimick was/is for encouraging folks to pick up action figures? Build a figure? Chase figures? Special collectibles? Collector's clubs with special figures?
    do you like just powdered sugar or powdered sugar AND syrup on your french toast? and additionally, do you prefer real maple syrup or that fake stuff.

I actually do not like any sugar on French toast, I eat them like pancakes, syrup and butter.

As for real maple or the fake stuff, I would like the real stuff but store bought fakey stuff is what we mostly have in the house I think.

Have you guys done either a build-a-figure show or a Marvel Legends segement at all? I always enjoy those because you end up with something big at the end but you end up with a lot of exta figures you don't want (i.e. two Age of Apocalypse Weapon Xs just to complete the BAF).

Also, what do you think the best gimick was/is for encouraging folks to pick up action figures? Build a figure? Chase figures? Special collectibles? Collector's clubs with special figures?
    We had gone over build a figs and C and Cs when we talk about waves of figs. Not real in depth though. Could be a cool ep.

I think the build a figs are the best right now. I like chase versions but I like the palisades method, one per case.

Collector clubs are cool with special figs but I was not keen on how much the mattel DCU collector club cost so I did not join that one.

I actually do not like any sugar on French toast, I eat them like pancakes, syrup and butter.

As for real maple or the fake stuff, I would like the real stuff but store bought fakey stuff is what we mostly have in the house I think.

that was a wonderful response, thank you. I think I have the answer to life now.
  • KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Real maple syrup can be expensive.
  • do you like just powdered sugar or powdered sugar AND syrup on your french toast? and additionally, do you prefer real maple syrup or that fake stuff.

Where is Powdered Toast Man when you need him?
    ok so here is a question. I've been reading the uncanny x-force series and absolutely love it. idk if statues would count in this category, but does anyone know where I can find an uncanny x-force version of fantomex statue? throughout this series he has become my favorite xmen character, i saw the sweey archangel statue at my LCS, but would really like to find a fantomex statue.
  • ok so here is a question. I've been reading the uncanny x-force series and absolutely love it. idk if statues would count in this category, but does anyone know where I can find an uncanny x-force version of fantomex statue? throughout this series he has become my favorite xmen character, i saw the sweey archangel statue at my LCS, but would really like to find a fantomex statue.
    Don't think Fantomex has ever had a statue. I think he has had a 3 3/4" action figure but nothing else. I have an X-Force statue but it is based on the last series.
  • Have you guys thought about doing an episode on Twisted Toyfare Theatre. I loved the adventures of Spidey (especially when he was trying to avoid his Aunt May and her wheatie cakes), along with Thor, Hulk and DOOM.

It was the source for one of my favourite exclaimations: 'Crap in a Hat'

Long Live Megoville
  • sandmansandman Posts: 199
    Have you guys thought about doing an episode on Twisted Toyfare Theatre. I loved the adventures of Spidey (especially when he was trying to avoid his Aunt May and her wheatie cakes), along with Thor, Hulk and DOOM.

Long Live Megoville
    I like this idea. I loved Twisted Toyfare Theatre back in the day.

• Have you guys thought about doing an episode on Twisted Toyfare Theatre. I loved the adventures of Spidey (especially when he was trying to avoid his Aunt May and her wheatie cakes), along with Thor, Hulk and DOOM.

Long Live Megoville
    I like this idea. I loved Twisted Toyfare Theatre back in the day.

Now that's something they should release in omnibus

• Thor_ElThor_El Posts: 136
    Hey Shane, have you seen the Rocket Red figure review over at TheFwoosh?

I don't know if you signed up for the Club or not, but given everyone's general lack of enthusiasm for this figure, I doubt you would have much trouble finding one fairly cheap eventually.
    Hiya, yea I saw the fig a couple weeks ago for the first time. If I can I will be seeking one out. It is one of the few figs from DC Mattel which I will get still.

I would have loved a more classic looking 1987 ish Rocket Red but I will take it, LOL
  • jmoneyjmoney Posts: 31
    Shane, I know you said you didn't subscribe to the sub for DCUC on Matty but I was curious if you were still collecting the line or not. If so do you buy day of off the Matty page or hit ebay later on? Any particular characters your looking for?
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Speaking of, has the Legion set shipped? Way too pricey for my budget, but I look for a loose Wildfire (my favorite Legionnaire) on eBay every now and then but never see anything.
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

Speaking of, has the Legion set shipped? Way too pricey for my budget, but I look for a loose Wildfire (my favorite Legionnaire) on eBay every now and then but never see anything.

They actually just featured the full set on Comic Book Men. Had one at the Stash listed at $299. Sold it for $275. Too rich for my blood, but if I were collecting toys (and had more disposable income) I'd have a full set of Legion-y goodness.

So I know this is very old thread but I am off work today and finally getting some time to look around the forums.

The Mattel DCU line, I really stopped collecting it last year 2012 with the start up of the Collector Club. The last figs I purchased was Wave 19. I did get a Red Robin after that. Which was the last figure I purchased. I haven't ordered anything from Mattel for quite a while. No LSH set, way too pricey and that is what I thought of the Collector Club. I also never got the entire Crime Syndicate set, Green lantern multi packs, two packs. I just was not a completest about these. That being said, I look around at ebay for a couple things every now and then.

I want to get Rocket Red, a Fire and eventually an Ice is she comes out. This was a great line. Especially when they started at 9.99 at Target. I stopped getting DC Direct because they had gotten too expensive. A 9.99 Marvel Legends type alternative was perfect. One the DCU line reached 15.99 and at that time more in some stores I started to back off.

It didn't hurt that Lego started coming out with DC and Marvel and LOTR stuff and my boys love Legos so priorities shifted.

Now, all that being said. I just could not pass on the Batman Classic TV Series line which is just coming out. More on that later maybe. ;)
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Agreed that the Collector Club is too pricey. I really wanted that Captain Marvel Jr., but by the time shipping figured in, it would've been about $30, which is WAY too much for an action figure.
    Yup there is just no way