Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Heroes in Crisis - DC's Fall debuting 7...EDIT 9 issues by Tom King

2»

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Make that... 9 issues. (And now with Lee Weeks and Mitch Gerads swapping in as artists on some issues).

Hopefully this was for story-driven rather than order numbers driven reasons... though I would not be surprised if it was a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I personally would rather, especially when it is all under one writer, have a longer numbered series, with the clear reading order, than having the mini and specials. Part of why I waited to read the Dark Nights stuff in collection is that the way it was rolled out felt a little confusing (I mean, I'm sure I could have figured it out). But I figured later it would be collected in a way that would be clear, so I waited on it. When there are big, high-promoted minis, and then tie-in issues or aftermath specials, I am not always sure I need the ancillary stuff. So I think it is the better move to make it a longer mini instead.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    David_D said:

I personally would rather, especially when it is all under one writer, have a longer numbered series, with the clear reading order, than having the mini and specials. Part of why I waited to read the Dark Nights stuff in collection is that the way it was rolled out felt a little confusing (I mean, I'm sure I could have figured it out). But I figured later it would be collected in a way that would be clear, so I waited on it. When there are big, high-promoted minis, and then tie-in issues or aftermath specials, I am not always sure I need the ancillary stuff. So I think it is the better move to make it a longer mini instead.

Completely agree. I’m pretty much of the same opinion for key tie-ins by other creators. See Infinite Crisis, Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Brack said:

But the bigger part is that it's setting off my IDENTITY CRISIS SENSE.

Clearly this is my superpower. I perhaps should have trusted it before giving Comixology £2.49.

• Options
    VertighostVertighost Posts: 335
    edited September 2018
    I read the first issue and found it ok except for the fact that I'm now supposed to view Harley as someone struggling with PTSD instead of a fun cartoon. It's like using Deadpool to tell an "important" story about living with depression or having Plastic Man become darker after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I like realism in comics as much as the next guy but the heroes should be suited to the subject matter and certain heroes can only be stretched so far. In this case the dichotomy is so large that at times I felt like I was reading one of those special charity issues from the 80's like the New Teen Titans Drug Awareness Special or Heroes Against Hunger.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Read #1.
    I guess you can't have a crisis without a lot of collateral damage.