Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,738
    edited December 2018
    mwhitt80 said:

I bought a chicken and an egg from Amazon.

I'll let you know.

They'll probably arrive at the same time just to keep us wondering.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    edited December 2018
    About to say something
    Scooby Doo meets KISS is the greatest rocking roll movie ever made. Better than Elvis films, better than the spice girls movie, better than the heavy metal movies, even better than the Beatles movies.
    Edit: @Torchsong
  • mwhitt80 said:

About to say something
    Scooby Doo meets KISS is the greatest rocking roll movie ever made. Better than Elvis films, better than the spice girls movie, better than the heavy metal movies, even better than the Beatles movies.

No way it's better than Yellow Submarine. You're just a big blue meanie for even suggesting it.

Hey, are you taking your daughter to see Mary Poppins Returns? I'll probably be seeing it Christmas week.
    edited December 2018
    I'm thinking we might make that our first going to the movies movie.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Regarding Mary Poppins Returns, I know some people who have been seeing some early screenings of it, and really loving it.
    The trailer I saw looked great. I'm excited to see it.

We've been reading a book called Where the Mountain meets the Moon by grace Lin which has been really good. Abigail has enjoyed it alot.
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    All my screenings for Mary Poppins Returns were sold out. Going to have to push my review schedule back.

• luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    It’s that time of year... listening to @Adam_Murdough reading A Christmas Carol again. A favourite new-ish tradition to Christmas season.
    So the trailers before Mary Poppins included Lion King & Dumbo, but no Aladdin...I feel cheated.
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    I've been watching very early episodes of The Avengers and Danger Man on Charge (an OTA DTV channel that specializes in action/adventure programming). These shows are sooooo good. I hadn't seen any eps of Dangerman and early Avengers is very different from what I was familiar with.
    I wont go into detail, but do yourself a favor, find Charge, and watch these shows. They are a treat.
  • aquatroy said:

I've been watching very early episodes of The Avengers and Danger Man on Charge (an OTA DTV channel that specializes in action/adventure programming). These shows are sooooo good. I hadn't seen any eps of Dangerman and early Avengers is very different from what I was familiar with.
    I wont go into detail, but do yourself a favor, find Charge, and watch these shows. They are a treat.

I saw most of those black-&-white Avengers episodes back in the ’90s when A&E aired it. I still prefer the more humorous color episodes with Diana Rigg, but the early stuff was quite enjoyable as well. I've only seen the first season of Danger Man, which I borrowed on VHS from a friend (again, back in the early ’90s), but it's good stuff. Kind of wish I'd seen some of it before seeing The Prisoner.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'm able to pick up the signal from the nearest station.
    We took the little girl to her first movie Sunday night. It was really good, the theater was mostly empty so she could stand up and move a little and we didn't have to worry about her loud whispers as much.
    Well as for Mary Poppins Returns.... We loved it!
    Have any of you ever read the Freddy the Pig series of children books?
  • mwhitt80 said:

I had/read Freddy the Detective when I was a kid. I think I was in 4th grade when I first read it, but it's fine for a younger audience. I don't remember a lot about it now other than I enjoyed it well enough. It wasn't one of my favorites, but it was good enough that I reread it at least once.
    Merry Christmas!

mwhitt80 said:

I had/read Freddy the Detective when I was a kid. I think I was in 4th grade when I first read it, but it's fine for a younger audience. I don't remember a lot about it now other than I enjoyed it well enough. It wasn't one of my favorites, but it was good enough that I reread it at least once.
    I had never heard of the series until a few months ago. My wife found them at the local library and my daughter has lives them. I think you might appreciate them a little more as an adult; there are some really funny jokes for grown ups.
    My daughter was looking at comicbook covers and asking me questions. She stopped on Lex Luther and porky pig and asked me what Lex Luther did. I told her that he was an evil business man, but she didn't like that.
    She told me his evil power was changing clean diapers to dirty.
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    RIP to both Mean Gene Okerlund and Bob Einstein aka Super Dave Osborne aka Marty Funkhouser(Curb Your Enthusiasm)
    DAR said:

RIP to both Mean Gene Okerlund and Bob Einstein aka Super Dave Osborne aka Marty Funkhouser(Curb Your Enthusiasm)

Don't forget Daryl "The Captain" Dragon.

DAR said:

Don't forget Daryl "The Captain" Dragon.
    Saw that after I posted. FWIW the Dragon and Tenille would have been a much cooler name
    Saw this from Tom King

His wife’s response listed below his tweet is perfect
    Unfortunately, I must inform all of you that due to the continuing fallout from the incident at the Sugar Bowl our beloved forum member @mwhitt80 has somehow been turned into Tony Schiavone...

He just keeps calling me Conrad & wanting to tell stories about Klondike Bill.
    edited January 2019
    I knew it was going to be a bad night when I watched that. I have to admit UGA X is not our finest example of UGAs. That is going to be a tough one to live down. He's probably going to have a good record when his career is over, but that moment is embarrassing.
    Now for the best UGAs
    UGA III 71-32-2 over his career. he won 2 conference championships, 1 national title, and recruited the best college running to ever wear cleats

UGA IV 77-24-4 and won a Heisman. Unfortunately his career cut short with injuries and passed away shortly after 1989 season.

UGA V 65-39-1 he was flashy and didn't take $&!+ from anybody. He was the best mascot in the nation, graced a cover of SI, and scored a role in a movie, but that isn't why he is so beloved. That dog would bite.

I see DC has been added to ComiXology unlimited
    edited January 2019
    The problem with buying all your everyday shoes at the same time is that they all wear out at basically the same time. My 3 pairs of Sauconys have run out of life; I finally broke down and replaced the fleet.

I went with Sauconys again same colors. I love the Jazz. I just went with different models of the jazz
    So, EA has canceled the open world Star Wars game they were developing.

Given the way they've handled the license (the two Battlefront games), it's probably for the best.
    edited January 2019
    Man, Marvel did not get any decent sources for the digital edition of Force Works (I got this on Comixology for the record). Most of the book has the weird lines popping up...

No other digital reprint from around (or just before) this time looks like this. Not Under Seige, not Inferno, not The Ray, not even Youngblood had scans this bad.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the atrocious outfit the Scarlet Witch has on...

Which leads to panels like this where 1/8 of the view is occupied by Wanda's butt cheek...

• BrackBrack Posts: 868
    I believe Jim Cheung gives Scarlet Witch leggings in his issues. And we get that neat Moonraker character design from him which is kind of wasted due to The Crossing...
    edited January 2019
    Man, I am sick of the @#$%ing Patriots.😡
    Did anyone else go outside late last night and see the super blood wolf moon eclipse? Pretty cool as far as eclipses go.