Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Spider-Man into the Spiderverse

I'm surprised there's not a thread for this. It officially opened last night. It has an amazing 98% on Rotten Tomatoes with many critics calling it the best Spider-Man movie ever. So has anyone seen it yet? Hopefully I'll get to see it over the Holidays

Comments

• fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    It deserves all the buzz it gets. It was absolutely fantastic. My wife said it was the best Spider-Man movie she's ever seen. I'm inclined to agree.
  • batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Took my boys to see it last night. Really stylish, cool and fun movie. refreshingly unique and pretty ambitious. Funny and exciting with lots of heart. A really good time.
  • Looking forward to seeing it this weekend. I've heard lots of good things about it, including that not only is it the best Spider-Man movie, but also one of the best superhero movies that has come out. I hope it picks up from word of mouth, as I heard that it opened lower than expectations......
  • batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    A surprisingly fun and unique and very enjoyable movie. Very stylized and refreshing. I was unexpectedly drawn in and pleased. It deserves a good amount of praise.
  • mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Superb movie. The type of movie that can make everyone feel good. How Sony did this after the mess that was the last 2 Spiderman movies, I have no idea. Let's just hope they don't screw up a good thing.
  • BryanBryan Posts: 207
    Just got back from a matinee with my kids. Fantastic movie. Loved every second of it.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    edited January 2019
    I saw it Monday afternoon, and I really enjoyed it. Far better than any live-action superhero film I've seen, and right up there with The Incredibles for me. My brother wanted to go see Aquaman, but I'm very glad I talked him into Spider-Verse instead. I loved, loved, loved the Sienkiewicz/Daredevil: Love & War-inspired take on the Kingpin. I loved, loved, loved the opening credits. I loved the use of dialogue captions. The animation was a little jerky in places, but all the designs were fantastic, and they really made the blending of animation styles work far better than I expected or even dared to hope. It's really worth seeing on the big screen.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I saw this today with our older (8) daughter. We both loved it. And I agree with @nweathington I loved the Sinkiewiewicz-style Kingpin. (I had not seen any trailers for the movie, so I got to have that as a nice surprise). Easily one of the very best superhero movies I've ever seen.
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Finally saw it was great. Have to see a few more 2018 releases but this is going to be very near the top
  • jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I saw this with my 7-year old daughter and it got her to really become a Spider-fan. Especially of Spider-Gwen. She doesn't usually play with toys. (She's never been that into them) But she brings her Spider-Gwen doll around with her all the time after seeing the movie. Melts my geeky heart. I have to say that the animation was top-notch, I loved the soundtrack and I thought the cast was pitch perfect. Not only is it my favorite Spider-Man movie but it's probably one of my favorite superhero movies, period.
  • BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Saw it over the holiday break. The visual extravagance had been built up a little too much for me beforehand, while it's a breakthrough for US cartoons, there's obvious precedents you can point to (and the staff on the film have).

But after it was done it grew on me to the point where I think I'm at where the majority are on it. Part of it has been the obvious pride the staff from top to bottom have in it, and how open with the production process Sony have allowed them to be.

I was bewildered that more people chose Aquaman over it, but speaking to my brother he'd avoided it because he couldn't get his head around what its deal was - why were all these Spider-Men in it?

Hopefully the acclaim it's found will pick up the stragglers when it hits home video.
  • It bridges my childhood and my daughters in the best way. My favorite Spider-Man movie because it wasn’t meant to be mine. It was meant to be shared which was the whole point of the movie. We loved the imax experience and have preordered the download for March. This is the stuff that builds audiences instead of feeding an existing one.

• Any comments on the extras? My daughter and I are working through them this weekend. Already watched the movie 3 more times since iTunes release.