Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Watched the the Fyre Fest docs on Hulu and Netflix Both were really good. Even though the Hulu one had an interview with Billy Mc Farland the founder, I might give the slight edge to the Netflix one. It didn’t seem as jokey when it mentioned about the local workers not getting paid.

Also there was a nice bit of schaudenfrade seeing spoiled rich kids getting screwed out their money.

Though one thing both can lead you to the same conclusion, Ja Rule should see some jail time for this
  • @Brack, I like your solution! They could also have a lot of funding come from the Storms as well and given Johnny's love of speed, he'd insist on being on the maiden voyage.
    Abducted in Plain Sight. If you want to say WTF this is your documentary
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    If you haven't already seen it, the first three seasons of The Expanse just dropped last week on Prime in preparation for their first original season. It's good stuff and will likely become better with the departure of SyFy from the mix.
  • BryanBryan Posts: 207
    edited February 2019
    Anyone been watching Deadly Class? I watched the first 3 episodes this weekend and it’s very well done. It hits a lot of points from the comic without being a straight adaptation. The casting, costume, and makeup are pretty on point and make for some eerily good visual depictions of the characters, especially given Wes Craig’s art style.
    I started to watch Deadly Class and Umbrella Academy. Haven't really connected with either in the first two episodes. Going to give each a third, if not then I'm dropping out.

I actually chose this 3rd season to watch True Detective for the first time. After last nights episode I may need to go back and watch season 1
  • DmanDman Posts: 163
    hauberk said:

If you haven't already seen it, the first three seasons of The Expanse just dropped last week on Prime in preparation for their first original season. It's good stuff and will likely become better with the departure of SyFy from the mix.

I'm so ready for the new season of The Expanse. I love this show.
    I finished the second season of Jessica Jones a few weeks ago. Took a tad longer for me to get through than the first season but when it started to hit its stride around the middle of the season, WOW! The new character that had a close connection to Jessica (trying not to spoil) was scary as hell. Talk about a need for anger management. I really got a kick out of Attorney Jeryn Hogarth's storyline. I have new found respect for her.

Just started the final season of Sense8 and have S2 of Luke Cage and S3 of Daredevil yet to watch. Not bothering with S2 of Iron Fist because I found most of S1 to be a snorefest.
    Finished the Umbrella Academy. Really liked it.

Started the Expanse about 4 episodes in. Liking what I see
    Triple Frontier. Solid action flick on Netflix
  • Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    I recently finished watching Netflix's The Umbrella Academy. It took me 5 episodes (i.e the halfway point) to realize I was fully invested in the show, but once I was, I couldn't stop watching. I can't wait for season 2.

After I wrapped up The Umbrella Academy, I started watching Enterprise on Netflix (as it's the only Star Trek series I never finished), but I quickly put it on the back burner on account it dawned on me that Disney will soon be parting ways with Netflix when it launches its own streaming service, so I figured I should probably get caught up on shows that will likely disappear from Netflix when it does. Since Disney and ABC are in cahoots, I've shifted my focus to ABC shows, namely Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Once Upon A Time.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited April 2019
    I just saw that CBS All Access is sharing the first episode of the new Twilight Zone, "The Comedian", for free via their YouTube Channel. (At least, in the US. Not sure beyond that.)
    David_D said:

I just saw that CBS All Access is sharing the first episode of the new Twilight Zone, "The Comedian", for free via their YouTube Channel. (At least, in the US. Not sure beyond that.)

I’ll be honest it was pretty disappointing. It’s biggest issue for me was it ran close to an hour. And you kind of get the point early. Others may like it

• Just finished up Hap and Leonard, on Netflix, which originally aired on the Sundance Channel. Probably some of the best character building I have ever seen. The main characters are complex and nuanced. Each season is adapted from one of the 10 or so books that feature them, by Joe R. Landsdale, who also wrote a number of comics, notably Batman.

It's dark, gritty, violent, and often funny. I really recommend it.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608

Formula 1 Drive to Survive - I'm not a car racing guy, and I really don't care about formula 1, but this was a very good show. The money thrown into F1 racing is ridiculous, a 100mil a year doesn't even give you a seat at the table.

• VertighostVertighost Posts: 335
    I just watched/fast forwarded the 1984 version of Supergirl. PAINFUL. Worse, it was the extended version. Slater does a decent job of conveying all the goodness and naivete of the character & there are plenty of big-name actors doing their best but not even Christopher Reeve could save a script so riddled with this many plotholes. The film fails to follow its own inner logic and despite its attempt to recreate the Hackman/Beatty dynamic, it fails miserably. Nothing is funny, but worse, you never feel anything's at stake so there's no suspense. The heroine and villain literally spend most of the film entangled over a studly gardener. YEESH! Might be worth a watch with some friends to have a laugh over. Think Catwoman.
    I know everyone is talking GOT these days. And it’s certainly great. But also check out Barry. It’s one of my favorite shows on right now

Rewatching eastbound and down on Amazon.

Loving it as always.

I honestly believe that if it wasn't for Deadwood and Rome, there wouldn't be Game of Thrones. I love Deadwood and can't wait to see this TV movie. God bless HBO!
  • Finished up The OA on Netflix. If I described it to you, your eyes would glaze over as if I was describing a weird dream featuring friends of mine from college. It has vibes from Stranger Things, and SciFi in general.

Give it a few episodes to hook you... by the time you finish the first "part" (not season, for some reason) you will be itching for it like a crack addict.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2019
    Oh, and if you like Star Trek the Next Generation, or just SciFi adventure with good characters, watch The Orville (yes, I know it's not "streaming"... it's on Fox).

Seth throws some really bold topics at the viewer, never telling you how to think, and does some pretty daring plot twists. And the FX give big budget movies a run for their money.
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Tonebone said:

Oh, and if you like Star Trek the Next Generation, or just SciFi adventure with good characters, watch The Orville (yes, I know it's not "streaming"... it's on Fox).

Seth throws some really bold topics at the viewer, never telling you how to think, and does some pretty daring plot twists. And the FX give big budget movies a run for their money.

I get that I'll probably take some heat for this, but I think that this is more of a spiritual successor to TOS than anything that's come after largely for the reasons that you've stated above.
    I’ve been watching Chernobyl on HBO. It’s absolutely chilling

Also took a hiatus from it but I watched season 4 of Mad Men. Thought it was great

Just finished the bash brothers on Netflix. It wasn't the best lonely island, but I enjoyed it.

Season 5 of Mad Men. (Chefs Kiss)
    I'm finally getting back to S1 of Better Call Saul.
    Finshed up Mad Men. It’s reputation was well earned
    I still won't believe there is actually a Deadwood movie until I see it with my own eyes.

(Can't wait)
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    edited June 2019
    Watched Good Omens last night. Outside of one segment where they go into the backstory of Aziraphale and Crowley’ relationship, they did a really nice job with the pacing of the story. I'm sure there was a temptation to pad out/add some scenes to extend the number of episodes, but they kept it pretty tight, and did a good job of making it work as hour(ish)-long installments. Not too surprising since Gaiman wrote the script. The casting/acting was great, most of the jokes worked, and all in all it was a very strong adaptation. If you liked the book, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the show.