Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1731 Talkback - SHAZAM! Movie Review

The World's Mightiest Mortal is now the World's Mightiest Movie! The Geeks form a Council of Eternity to share their thoughts on the second Captain Marvel film of 2019 (so far), SHAZAM! (Batten down the hatches for a thunderstorm of SPOILERS!) (1:18:07)

Listen here.

Comments

• BrackBrack Posts: 868
    They've already announced Henry Gayden is on board to write the sequel, and his twitter avatar is currently Mr. Tawky Tawny, so fingers crossed!
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    Great episode Geeks! Enjoyed the heck out of the Shazam film. Captain Marvel is one of favourite "DC" heroes, and I was so happy that the film did him justice.

For some reason, I did not expect to see the appearance of the Marvel family in this film (thought they would save it for the sequel), so I was pleasantly surprised when it all unfolded.

So many moments to appreciate, but my two disappointments were; no Talking Tawny, and Sivanna did not refer to Billy as "The Big Red Cheese".

First thing my daughter said as we were walking out of the theatre was "Didn't you just LOVE Mr. Mind's creepy voice".

Can't wait to see it again!
  • alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Definitely an enjoyable movie and a pleasant surprise! It's one of the few movies in English that t has made a Japanese audience laugh out loud! My favorite memory of it is the "Say my name!" part.