Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1740 Talkback - June 2019 Previews

It's Previews time, Previews time, Pre-Pre-Previews time! We go through the June catalog for items shipping to stores beginning in August. AND, somewhere along the line, we hear Chris's spoiler-free feelings on the Dark PhoeniX film! (2:44:18)

Listen here.

Comments

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    edited June 2019
    Re: the New Frontier animated movie, the problems with the film are almost exclusively the result of the artificially imposed time limit. WB wanted all those films to be a certain length and price point because they saw them, and marketed them to retailer, as primarily being impulse buys of mothers shopping with their kids.
  • Mark_EngblomMark_Engblom Posts: 343
    edited June 2019

Great idea doing a “Muddle the Murd” in the middle of the show. The Previews episodes can be a bit of a slog, and the stealth MTM segment was a nice pit stop.

edited June 2019
    Re: Marvel Comics #1000, I did the math, and if you start with Marvel Comics #1, which was published on Aug. 31, 1939, and go forward 999 months (assuming it was published monthly without interruption), Marvel Comics #1000 would not be published until early 2022. Of course, this is Marvel so they probably would have double-shipped it at some point. ;)
    edited June 2019
    Re: the Agents of Atlas book, I wholeheartedly agree that Jeff is the perfect writer for that story—he wrote the original series, which was probably my second-favorite Marvel book at that time!
  • LeeNovaLeeNova Posts: 14

Thank you for featuring my Muddle the Murd questions this episode, and I've never been happier to lose. Knowing that my Adam Strange question was the culmination of a 20 year journey for @Adam_Murdough was more gratifying than any prize I could have received(especially a Game of Thrones sketch😉)!