Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Legion of Superheroes Relaunch

Really torn in how I feel about this.

On the one hand, I'm a lifelong Legion fan. On the other, I find Bendis to be utterly overrated on anything other than his creator owned work.

I really, really want a successful and enjoyable Legion book. I also have absolutely zero confidence that Bendis will be capable of delivering that.

Comments

• BrackBrack Posts: 868
    edited June 2019
    The Legion already sit around a table all day it's perfect for Bendis!

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608

Dang it @Brack you beat me to it. Legion meeting time! At least I get this one Sensor Girl is really Bouncing Boy?

I actually have enjoyed his Superman, and will give this a try,

• mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Considering how the Legion haven't existed in any real capacity since before the New 52, beggars can't be choosers ;)
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mphil said:

Considering how the Legion haven't existed in any real capacity since before the New 52, beggars can't be choosers ;)

This is my take as well. I'd rather have SOME form of Legion - even if it's only one I can bitch about - than no Legion books at all.
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    mphil said:

There's truth in this and I'll give it a go with a fervent hope that it's good and that Bendis' name will help make the book a financial success recognizing that if it doesn't, we may not see the Legion again until they need to renew trademarks.

Unfortunately, due to the price of books and other things that I am enjoying, he's got an arc to sell me.
  • The Legion is all kinds of awesome, in all it's forms.

If anyone can ruin it, Bendis can! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608

I feel like my enjoyment of the legion has been like how I describe Parenthood. I never knew what I was missing until I started loving it.