Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    I was just reading an article on the film Angel Has Fallen & caught a little bit of the comments section...The third comment down said something to the effect how the movie season has been uninspired with nothing truly original like Angel Has Fallen.

It's the THIRD FILM IN A FRANCHISE!!
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608

Listening to new Around Comics podcast talking about the new Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen comics.

"Sal looks like you are stuck with 'Steve Lombard: Sports Reporter'. "

My little guy had to go to the hospital for a breathing treatment about 7 last night(he's fine now, but was coughing and wheezing a lot). Before he left with his mom I was trying to change his clothes into PJs. He let me change his pants, but he wasn't going to let me touch his Batman shirt.

The joys of an almost 2 year old

• mwhitt80 said:

My little guy had to go to the hospital for a breathing treatment about 7 last night (he's fine now, but was coughing and wheezing a lot). Before he left with his mom I was trying to change his clothes into PJs. He let me change his pants, but he wasn't going to let me touch his Batman shirt.

Glad he's doing okay. And in case you haven’t figured it out just yet, that kind of thing always happens after normal doctor’s hours so you get charged for an emergency room visit. I’ve gotten hit for two of those this year.
    edited September 2019

Everytime @nweathington . We decided to go ahead and take him at 7 because we didn't want the 11:30 trip.

But he wasn't having anything to with changing his shirt

• GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    The missus and I are heading to Vegas next month for our 20th anniversary. Anybody here been there and have any suggestions on things to check out?
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    edited September 2019
    Greg said:

The missus and I are heading to Vegas next month for our 20th anniversary. Anybody here been there and have any suggestions on things to check out?

First congratulations. Second not sure if you're Beatles or Cirque Du Soleil fan but Love at the Mirage is worth checking out

Also you have to go to Fremont Street at least once. I find it to be a more fun and cheaper version of the strip.

I should add a caveat that it’s been about 5 years since I was last there
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    mwhitt80 said:

My little guy had to go to the hospital for a breathing treatment about 7 last night(he's fine now, but was coughing and wheezing a lot). Before he left with his mom I was trying to change his clothes into PJs. He let me change his pants, but he wasn't going to let me touch his Batman shirt.

Glad he is feeling better. That sounds like a long day.

The Batman shirt story reminds me of a day when we were at the playground, it was probably closer to lunch time, and a kid and what I took to be their parent showed up, and the kid was proudly wearing his Spider-Man PJs, tops and bottoms, out to play. He was practically strutting. And I thought to myself, "That kid won that argument this morning. He wore them down."

The wife had to carry him back to the hospital again last night @11:45. After breathing treatment and chest x-rays they got home at 3:45 am.

We're all worn out and he gets to go to the pediatrician this afternoon. He was wearing probably his favorite shirt last night a long sleeve tee shirt with monster trucks on it. He gets cold at night so long sleeve jammies.

@mwhitt80 Sorry to hear that. That's a lot. At least it is the normal pediatrician today instead of a hospital. I hope the rest of the day (and night!) is much more peaceful.

Happy 50th birthday to children's favorite cartoon, Scooby-Doo.

Top 5 Scooby guest stars

5) The Harlem Globetrotters

4) Don Knotts

3) Vincent Price

2) Kiss

1) Batman

Also the new " Guess Who Scooby Doo" show is fantastic!

mwhitt80 said:

Happy 50th birthday to children's favorite cartoon, Scooby-Doo.

Top 5 Scooby guest stars

5) The Harlem Globetrotters

4) Don Knotts

3) Vincent Price

2) Kiss

1) Batman

Also the new " Guess Who Scooby Doo" show is fantastic!

When Batman and Robin showed up on Scooby Doo that was like my Avengers at that moment.

Also, was there a Scooby Doo on Gilligan's Island at some point? Or is my aging brain just inventing that?

I don't think they did. There was an episode of the new movies where they met the Adams Family and another where they met I dream of Jeanie. I feel like that is a giant missed opportunity.

I need to redo my list. Vincent Price is getting booted for the 3 Stooges

My 4000th post was my top 5 Scooby Doo guest stars. Completely by accident.

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    edited September 2019
    My Scooby-Doo Top 5 guest-stars:

5) Don Adams
    4) Don Knotts
    3) Tim Conway
    2) The Harlem Globetrotters
    1) Jonathan Winters

The Three Stooges did not make my list because none of the actual Stooges did the voices even though two of them were still alive. I don’t really count Vincent Price because he didn’t play himself, otherwise he'd bump off Don Adams.

Sidenote: I have a feeling Davy Jones would make @Pants’ list.
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    luke52 said:

It’s been a while since I’ve been on the forums, it’s been a busy time. And I have some exciting news...

I finished my first novel, after two years of writing. Then, literally the day after I finished cleaning up the third draft I became a dad for the first time to a beautiful baby girl. It’s been a pretty good month, to say the least.

That is fantastic news on top of terrific news! Congratulations!

Awesome man congratulations. I'm happy for you

• Congrats, @luke53!

Congratulations @luke52! Thanks for sharing all of that good news.

I read some comics this weekend.

That is all

• luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392

I haven’t read any comics in at least a month. My pile is growing and growing.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2019
    mwhitt80 said:

I feel your pain. My son went through that (the breathing difficulties) for a few years, always in the fall. Once he hit middle school, he was past it all. Never has more than a little congestion, now.

If it's a persistent thing, you can buy a nebulizer and do treatments at home. I don't recall it being that expensive. (Insurance may have covered it, somewhat).

I had asthma issues as a kid. We had a home nebulizer and all that good stuff. Thankfully he's doing much better

• So, I bought the Authority Omnibus, and was enjoying reading it, until it literally fell apart in my hands... this was about the fifth or sixth time I picked it up to read it. The cover, instead of being bound to the book with paper and cloth, was bound with cheap, thin cardboard, that was hinged so that it bent against the grain. Opening and closing it a few times was enough to wear the hinge till it simply gave up. Luckilly, my retailer was awesome (In StockTrades), and shipped me a new one at no cost.

Haven't even opened this one, yet... I feel like I will be reading it on borrowed time.

One of my children drowned my Walt Simonson Orion Omnibus. It was so waterlogged that covers were bendable and it was still damp after 6 days of sitting.

mwhitt80 said:

One of my children drowned my Walt Simonson Orion Omnibus. It was so waterlogged that covers were bendable and it was still damp after 6 days of sitting.

(DISLIKE BUTTON)

Sorry, that is such a bummer.

@David_D it was weird being able to bend an omnibus with my hands. I should have taken a picture and been like "my new workout" not mentioning that the entire thing was waterlogged and had a little flex

• TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mwhitt80 said:

@David_D it was weird being able to bend an omnibus with my hands. I should have taken a picture and been like "my new workout" not mentioning that the entire thing was waterlogged and had a little flex

So will you be getting a new child to replace that one? :D