Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1752 Talkback - October 2019 Previews

i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
edited December 2019 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs

Here's ghoulies and ghosties, long-leggedy beasties, and PREVIEWS that go bump in the night! We go through the October catalog for items shipping to stores beginning in December. (2:34:21)

Listen here!

Comments

• Holy Hairballs--IT'S ON YOUTUBE. If you'd like to see what I was talking about during our discussion of Marvel's "Incoming," click through to a misbegotten bit of my childhood I never thought I'd see again.
  • i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    edited October 2019
    OH MY GOD YES. And it has the commercials!

Holy Hairballs--IT'S ON YOUTUBE. If you'd like to see what I was talking about during our discussion of Marvel's "Incoming," click through to a misbegotten bit of my childhood I never thought I'd see again.

• Over the moon you guys plugged the new "Love and Capes"! Just wanted to mention that Thom Zahler is publishing single issues of the new GN on his own and the first two issues can be found on his website: thomzahler.squarespace.com or personally via convention appearances, for those of us that don't wanna wait!

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Thought you would’ve liked that first issue of Sea of Stars more, @wildpigcomics. Personally, I think it was a fantastic first issue—the pacing, the artwork, the dialogue, the premise, all really clicked for me. I haven’t enjoyed a first issue that much since Highest House #1.

Harrow County is a great series. I got it mainly as a fan of Tyler Crook’s artwork, but it’s also my favorite thing Bunn has written.

The Nexus newspaper strip doesn’t appear in actual newspapers. It’s a thing Steve started just a few years ago with a Kickstarter campaign. It was formatted kind of like Eisner’s Spirit sections, with Nexus as the lead strip, and The Moth as the lone back-up, and it was periodically mailed out to subscribers.