Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What Comic Didn't Work for You This Week?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    edited October 2019
    Batman 80 & 81 were utterly disappointing. Putting JRJR on the book even for a couple of issues at the tail end of the story feels like a massive FU after sticking with the entire story. I literally (and I mean that literally) picked the books up and then put them back down at least 2-3 times after realizing that it was fully of JRJR ick. ~20 art pages per issue - the Kiteman page was the only one of the 40 pages that was remotely enjoyable... that's like a .025!

LSH: Millennium #1 - Didn't do anything to make me feel any confidence in Bendis on Legion. Once again, he finds a central character that leaves me cold. Really wish that he and JRJR would just permanently partner on a couple of books so that I could be assured that I wasn't missing anything of worth.

Edited to correct bad math.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Excalibur #1 is underwhelming. The story strains to include characters other than Apocalypse and Betsy Braddock in the plot, to the point of making Apocalypse seem senile. And the final page reveal was too obscure an X-Men reference for even me.

Plus when you have a Captain Britain story in Otherworld, I want Opal Luna Saturnyne and the Captain Britain Corps, not Black Knight-style Camelot.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879

Finished Superman year one. Wow was that an unnecessary pointless laborious dud

• Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    X-Force #1 is better executed than Excalibur #1, but it's the least exciting version of telling this sort of story in the face of the recent Domino, X-Force and Weapon X runs. I'm not sure anyone is crying out for violent action presented this po-faced in their X-books. The cliff hanger feels so obviously a fake out, I don't know why you'd bother.

And releasing this the same week as New Mutants doesn't do it any favours as that has Mondo doing something similar with Krakoa as Black Tom (the guy who cloned Mondo back in Generation X) does here.