Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Superman & Lois TV Show.

Superman & Lois stars Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch as they reprise their Arrow-verse roles, Superman/Clark Kent and Lois Lane. Both feature prominently in the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event, which wraps Tuesday on The CW. The series, which follows the iconic characters as they deal with stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society, is written by former The Flash showrunner Todd Helbing, who stepped down last season in order to focus on development via his overall deal with Superman & Lois producers Warner Bros. TV. The series, like all Arrow-verse programming, is produced by studio-based Greg Berlanti Productions and his company topper Sarah Schechter. Geoff Johns will also exec produce. A premiere date has not been determined

Comments

• MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Just when I thought I was finally done with the CW DC shows with the end of Arrow, they have to go and pull me back in.
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457

I’ve only seen a couple of clips with Hoechlin as Superman. Unfortunately, they’re clips shared with Tom Welling or Brandon Routh. In a series with a starring female protagonist that served as his introduction, it doesn’t seem surprising he’s the Arrowverse’s Kal-El.

Matt said:

I’ve only seen a couple of clips with Hoechlin as Superman. Unfortunately, they’re clips shared with Tom Welling or Brandon Routh. In a series with a starring female protagonist that served as his introduction, it doesn’t seem surprising he’s the Arrowverse’s Kal-El.

From what I understand? A lot of it is going revolve around them raising Johnathan. I think it could be interesting.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    While I don't watch them myself, I have to say what Warner Brothers TV and Greg Berlanti Productions have built with this universe of shows is really impressive. Who would have thought there would be a Green Arrow TV show that would go 8 seasons? Or a Crisis event that could crossover a whole group of exiting TV series.
  • mphilmphil Posts: 448
    I find their performances to both be fairly wooden in Supergirl. I'm hoping for better in this new show. Overall I find the CW shows to be too predictable and follow the formula of broadcast shows to-the-letter, so I've kind of stopped watching them. I plan on catching up here and there over time, but I'm not sure I'll ever get to this one. Too much good stuff out there these days.
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited January 2020

I saw the ending scene of Crisis. Hoechlin just appears to be Superman’s younger brother filling in. I think Supergirl, with the heels of her boots, looks taller.

As a video podcaster labeled it, the series made Superman a ‘WWE jobber’. I don’t watch the shows to confirm that, but the actor definitely looks smaller then the other two Supermen in this crossover.

• I can’t think of anything more likely to induce eye rolls than a Lois & Clark show on the CW.

• aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Matt said:

I saw the ending scene of Crisis. Hoechlin just appears to be Superman’s younger brother filling in. I think Supergirl, with the heels of her boots, looks taller.

As a video podcaster labeled it, the series made Superman a ‘WWE jobber’. I don’t watch the shows to confirm that, but the actor definitely looks smaller then the other two Supermen in this crossover.

CW could have repurposed Brandon Routh for the roll.
    edited January 2021
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uWh5JdynBUM

First trailer for this show. It looks more emotional than I thought it would be. If this wasn't on the CW I'd be a 100% interested. I'm very jaded when it comes to the CW, I'm just over how they tell stories and 22-23 episode seasons.

But I will of course give it a chance because it's Superman.
    edited February 2021
    Wow I am shocked at how much I liked that premiere. This didn't look or feel like any CW show I've ever seen.

From what I've seen, this show is apparently partnered with HBOMax and because of that it has like 3 times the budget a normal CW show has. And you can tell. The way it was shot, the music, the visual effects, him being Superman looked great.

But what I really like was the at home stuff. What it would be like being a father while being Superman. And the ending me made it seem like this is going to be more stand alone from the rest of the CW shows, and that's perfectly fine by me.

I really hope the premiere was actually a good representation of what the series is going to look like. But I'm definitely in.
  • I really enjoyed the premiere and really hope the production stays the same.