Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1783 Talkback - Comic Talk

Back again for another topic spanning Comic Talk, we begin this episode with the unfortunate passing of iconic actor and on-screen originator of Marvel's live action Black Panther, Chadwick Boseman. From there conversation swerves to the future of viewing movies in the theater, thoughts on the teaser for Robert Pattinson's Batman, brief sojourns into both the World of Toys and the Time Bubble realms, Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips' Pulp, Hickman's X-Men, Ian's take on two very different Superman analogs, Muddle the Murd and more! (1:44:35)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for another fine episode. You made my daily walk much more tolerable.

Regarding X-Men, I am in the camp of the criticism Ian mentioned. However, that just means this run isn't for me. I can see why it would excite others, it's just not what I want to read right now.

Murd mentioned the rarely-seen Mickey Demeo--and forgive me if everyone already knew this--Mickey Demeo is a pseudonym for artist Mike Esposito. Mark Evanier wrote about artists using pen-names in the sixties and seventies in a column on his site.

https://www.newsfromme.com/iaq/iaq05/

Ian, I envy you the journey through Astro City. I'm often tempted to buy and reread the whole series again. I can't wait for the new OGN, whenever it comes.