Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1785 Talkback - Retro Movie Review: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 781
In the year 1989, Bill S. Preston and Ted "Theodore" Logan were two teens just looking to pass history. Instead, they became two teens who passed THROUGH history with the help of Rufus, a phone booth time machine, and the fate of world peace on the line. Listen in as the CGS crew travel through time themselves, and present a Retro Movie Review of this Excellent Adventure. Does the film hold up thirty years later to its moniker, is it worthy of its newly minted threequel, were the television and comic book tie-ins bodacious, and what does Chris think after seeing this very 80's movie for the very first time? Tune in and find out, my excellent friends. (1:11:39)

Listen here and party on, dudes!

Comments

• MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited October 2020

I recall see this with a buddy & our dads. When the movie was over, I asked my dad if he liked it. He asked if I liked it. When I told him I did, he sidestepped the answer to my question with “the that’s all that matters.”

I channeled my dad when my wife and I left the theatre for ‘The Lorax’ and she asked if I liked the movie.

• I was in college when it came out, and I thought it was a decent movie then. It wasn't the greatest movie ever, but it was a lot of fun. And good enough that my buddies and I went and saw Bogus Journey when it came out (and, Ian, I have to disagree with you, because Bogus Journey is a much better/more fun movie than the first in every way. Seriously, if Excellent Adventure is Star Wars, then Bogus Journey is Empire Strikes Back). My wife and I made our kids watch both of them two or three of summers ago, and I think they both held up to my memories pretty well. B&TEA gets a 3-and-a-half out of 5 from me.