Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1788 Talkback - October 2020 Previews

Time flies when you're reading comics, doesn't it? So much so that out of nowhere, it's time for issue 385 of Previews, issue 5 of DC Connect and issue 4 of Marvel's Previews, going over books scheduled for release in the month of December. There's some jolly Christmas treats to be had for all in his catalog, including a bit of multiverse spanning DC content for Murd, Shane finds Maxwell Lord in his stocking, Ian foretells the looming conclusion of Lumberjanes, Marvel finds its King in Black, and Chris gets to wax poetic on Brubaker and Phillips. So won't you join us in our two month early Christmas (and Hanukkah) cheer? (2:02:40)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Bryan's constant mentioning of Usagi Yojimbo eventually brainwashed me into trying it from the beginning a few years ago. It made me furious. At myself. For not having read it all along.

The artwork is wonderful both in terms of draftsmanship and storytelling. The writing is top-notch, often offering a window into the history and culture of Japan in an entertaining way. Even the rare stories that are a bit predictable are enjoyable for the unique viewpoint they offer.

On a consistent basis, I would say that Usagi Yojimbo is the best ongoing comic created during my lifetime.

Mostly through Comixology, I have managed to read everything Usagi up to issue 10 of the IDW series and have never lost interest.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited November 2020
    Ian, you've probably already watched it by now, but Carole & Tuesday is on Netflix, and I liked it quite a bit. Don't think I'll read the manga, because the music is so integral to the show, but definitely worth a watch, and it won't take you long to get through the whole series.