Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1790 Talkback - Comic Talk

Time for another wibbly-wobbly, loosey-goosey Comic Talk! Topics include the first three episodes of Star Trek: Discovery (spoiler-free outside of some references to general Season 2 stuff); still more changes to DC's distribution chain; some potential and official casting for Marvel's upcoming Disney+ series; Shane's thoughts on The Three Jokers and the Black Mercy's return to Justice League; Chris's enlistment in The Old Guard; Chris and Ian read Chip Zdarsky's first arc of Daredevil; Murd wrestles with Box Brown's GN biography of Andy Kaufman; and more. Oh, and Muddle the Murd, of course. (1:32:24)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    100% agree with @ShaneKellyDeathtrap is so much fun. @wildpigcomics, not only is it Caine and Reeves, it's directed by Sidney Lumet, the director of 12 Angry Men, Dog Day Afternoon, and Serpico. Well worth checking out!
  • Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169

100% agree with @ShaneKellyDeathtrap is so much fun. @wildpigcomics, not only is it Caine and Reeves, it's directed by Sidney Lumet, the director of 12 Angry Men, Dog Day Afternoon, and Serpico. Well worth checking out!

Wholeheartedly seconded!

IIRC, it was written by Jay Presson Allen, who would also wrote Lumet’s other 1982 film, The Verdict. Lumet was a favourite of my dad’s, so when he passed away last summer, I went on a big Lumet rewatch. I had all but forgotten Deathtrap prior to that, so watching this movie for the first time in 37 years through new eyes was a real delight!