Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1805 Talkback - March 2021 Previews

i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
edited March 2021 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs

A three person crew of Chris, Ian and Murd dive into Previews #390, DC Connect #10, and Marvel Previews #9, mostly for books coming out in the month of May. And unlike most Previews episodes, all three stick around all episode! Oh, what a glorious feeling that is. And because we were expedient in our dissection of this month's offerings, there's time for a Muddle the Murd, even! (2:08:08)

Listen here or watch on YouTube:

Comments

• Options
    ChrisMurrinChrisMurrin Posts: 256

Adam and Ian, preparing to record this episode.

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

James Stokoe, one of my favorite creators working today, pronounces his last name as STō - kō (“Sto” rhymes with snow, “koe” also rhymes with snow).

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited March 2021

@wildpigcomics, Thanos Quest is, outside of maybe the Death of Captain Marvel GN, the best Thanos story for my money. The Infinity War saga peaked here in this prologue, and steadily declined thereafter.

• Options
    SciFiGuySciFiGuy Posts: 6
    edited March 2021

You guys were wondering how the helmet of Galactus came to reside in Asgard. For the story on that, see the first story arc in the current Thor run by writer Donny Cates, in which Galactus comes to Thor for assistance in fending off a threat to his existence. In the story arc, Galactus imbues Thor with the Power Cosmic. (A common trope of Cates seems to be increasing the power levels of the characters he is writing about - Venom, Norman Osborne, Carnage, Frank Castle, Thanos, Silver Surfer, Thor, Galactus, etc.) The quest to stop this threat doesn't exactly go as planned, and culminates in a battle between Galactus and Thor. Enough said.

BTW, this particular battle was my nomination for single best comic issue/moment of 2020. You'll want to check it out!