Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1807 Talkback - April 2021 Previews

i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 781
edited June 2021 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs

A monthly tradition soldiers on! Chris, Ian and Murd gather round the virtual Zoom table to discuss Previews #391, DC Connect #11 and Marvel Previews #10, with books mostly scheduled for release in June of 2021. Page through the catalog with us and earmark as many as you'd like. Plus, the return of the slightly delayed Free Comic Book Day and its various offerings! (2:30:32)

Listen here, or watch us on YouTube:

Comments

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736

The Nexus “newspaper strip” was a Kickstarter project Steve did back in 2015. It was self-published to look like a standalone newspaper section, and was mailed out monthly to the Kickstarter “subscribers”. It only went 8 issues before Steve had to shut it down.

• ChrisMurrinChrisMurrin Posts: 256

I'm thrilled to hear Chris is jumping on Usagi Yojimbo. After Bryan mentioned it so often, I started reading it with the first Fantagraphics TPB close to a decade ago. I've since caught up to near the current issue (I stay a few behind until the Comixology price drops). I can't praise the book enough. It offers lessons in Japanese history, mythology, and culture, while still being an entertaining adventure.

I'd also like to recommend to everyone, but especially Chris, Shadow Doctor from After Shock. It's a biographical tale of Capone-era Chicago. I've read the first two issues and enjoyed it tremendously.