Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1824 Talkback: September 2021 Previews

i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 782
edited December 2021 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs

The Dynamic Diamond Duo of Ian and Murd tag team the September Previews this month, covering solicits mostly set for release in November 2021. This includes selections from Previews #396, DC Connect #16, and Marvel Previews #15. But how, you ask, do only two people manage to record their monthly picks and still go two and a half hours? They found a way. (2:36:45)

Listen here or watch us on YouTube:

Comments

• AlbertCampionAlbertCampion Posts: 19
    edited September 2021

Just a little bit of needling about my favorite pet peeve 🙃 Here's your quiz: at 1:32:00 we have the below conversation. Without looking at the Marvel catalog, can you name the book Ian and Adam are discussing?

Ian: But here's our boy! Page 58. It's just for us!

Adam: Yep, he's wearing the costume we prefer to see him wear and there's a reason for that because this issue is just kind of reprinting some of the Peter David and ChrisCross stuff.

Ian: Yep, yep, but great stuff for anybody who hasn't actually read it before. Page 58. I actually owned issue zero back in the day. 

Adam: Me too.

Ian: Yep, that was a Wizard pack-in comic essentially, and that plus issue 1, 2, and 3 were a great way to start things off after Avengers Forever and yeah. Read it if you haven't. You're gonna love it.

Adam: Uh-huh. It comes highly recommended by two out of two geeks participating in this podcast.

Ian: Exactly! You want another geek's opinion? Too bad! And then page 59...

• Thanks for calling us out @AlbertCampion we're totally guilty of it. 😂

• Petrograd is a great book. Bought it and read it ten years ago, and highly recommend it. It introduced me to Tyler Crook’s beautiful work — worth the price of admission just on its own — and is an interesting, entertaining read to boot.

• If you didn't pick up Ninjak as a monthly (and, let's face it, you probably didn't), I highly encourage you to get the trade. It's Jeff Parker writing, so you get an entertaining, well-told, solid story, but the highlight is Pulido’s storytelling. He’s doing really interesting, thoughtful things in his layouts and panel compositions. It's truly amazing work.