Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Spider-Man No Way Home.

This idea is interesting, but I do not like the way this is seemingly set up.

Peter talking while Strange was casting was enough of a distraction for Strange to mess up? That makes Strange look like a complete noob. That's a very weak story setup imo. But it seems like they are doing Brand New Day? Which also had a terrible reason for happening as well, so I guess it's par for the course with that one.

Comments

• MattMatt Posts: 4,457

I’m just in for Osborne, Ock, Sandman, & Tobey. Hopefully a Bruce Campbell cameo.

• MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited December 2021

Spoilers for the movie. Stop reading if you haven't seen it.

Loved this movie, definitely the best MCU, Spider-Man movie. I think this makes me appreciate the Amazing Spider-Man more. It completely fixed the Jamie Fox Electro, I really think them seeing how Electro is in the Spider-Man PS4 game, really helped them to understand how to do him in Live Action.

Alfred Molina was great, William Dafoe is always good. I feel like they progressed their characters well. I think Sandman was really good. The Lizard was just there, but I'm fine with him being the one with less screen time.

Aunt May dying, and her being the one that told him the famous line, I liked. I had always felt even though people didn't want to see Ben die a 3rd time. Peter still needed to hear those words. Because that is the beginning of the real Spiderman.

Seeing Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield, was so cool. I love that it wasn't a scenario where they show up at they last minute, help fight for like 10 minutes, and then leave. They actually had them be there for the 2nd half of the movie. I liked that they helped him deal with the grief of losing May.

The lab scene was good, and I loved their chat on the Statue Of Liberty.

Doctor Strange, did what the story asked him to do. You need a magic McGuffin to make the story happen, Strange is your guy.

Ned being able to open portals is very convenient, but it doesn't matter that much to me.

And I really liked the ending of everyone forgetting who Peter is. How he's still able to get into College and stuff without a Social or Birth Certificate, idk? LoL. But I feel like he's finally Spider-Man. No Stark Suit, broke af, and I'm assuming he's not even going to try and tell MJ and Ned, to "protect" them, which is a very Peter Parker thing to do.

Cool that we saw Eddie and he left behind a piece of the Symbiote. That will probably find it's way to Spider-Man.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about freaking Charlie Cox/Daredevil being in the movie. Even if they come up with a new story? I am very happy that Charlie Cox is at least Daredevil in the MCU.

So, I really liked it overall, definitely the best Movie since Endgame.

• VertighostVertighost Posts: 335
    edited December 2021

If you haven't seen this film avoid spoilers. I can only say that except for Endgame, maybe, no MCU film has brought me close to tears this often (in a great way). Many people complain about the glut of comic book movies and tv shows and there's validity to alot of the critiques, but I can't think of how anything but a "comic book" cinematic universe could have done what this film did. Only a cinematic universe that's built on multiple franchises (multiple IPs if you will) could generate the levels of emotional connection to multiple characters that Marvel has (Universal horror films were the first to do this, but with nowhere near the same level of sucess and influence. DC could do it, but it's hasn't on anywhere near the same level) and only a "comic book" movie could do what this film did. I mean, technically Sony did make this, but would they have even been thinking in this four-dimensional way if not for the MCU? I'm now thinking other fantasy-based franchises could also pull it off, but it's the MCU that showed how to make these work and work in ways that make money (which is the most important thing in Hollywood).

• MihawkMihawk Posts: 433

I've seen it a few more times. I think William Defoe's Green Goblin/Norman Osborne, is the best MCU Villain, we've seen. Man, I can't even imagine if he'd been around for a few movies.

When Peter is punching his face, in the hallway, and Goblin is just smiling back at him. So good.