Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1836 Talkback - Post-Holiday Comic Talk

i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 781
edited April 2022 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs

As we welcome in 2022, we Geeks return from our various holiday traditions and celebrations with the gift of Comic Talk! This includes sharing what comic book related and comic book adjacent presents we received, spoiler-filled discussions of Hawkeye (1:11:52-1:33:10), the first episode of The Book of Boba Fett (1:34:12-1:47:23), and The Matrix Resurrections (1:47:26-1:57:31). We also discuss Chris' trip to Eide's Entertainment in Pittsburgh and what he picked up along the way, Murd tantalizes us all with tale of Catwoman: Lonely City, Ian gets lost in the multiverse with Image Comics' Bolero as well as some Infinite Crusade and Wally West's return to The Flash, Shane goes shopping for some GI Joe and shows off his Lego, and so much more. Plus, the first Muddle attempt of the New Year! (2:29:54)

Listen here or watch it on YouTube:

Comments

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736

Re: Human Target, Smallwood is definitely mining the same sources Darwyn and Phil Noto did — ’50s/’60s advertising art, Robert McGinnis book covers and movie posters, etc. — and he's doing a great job with it. I really loved his work on Moon Knight, and he's only gotten better since then. And if the rest of the series lives up to the first two issues, this is going to end up as my favorite thing Tom’s done.

• BryanBryan Posts: 207

Haven’t listened to the Episode yet (going to finish up Hawkeye first) but I did want to say thank you for all the time stamps. Very much appreciated.