Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1832 Talkback - Thanksgiving Storytime with Uncle Sal

i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 781

Gather round the table, grab a turkey leg, some cranberry sauce, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. and dig in to our festive treat to you, the listeners. As this year, Murd and Ian celebrate with the one, the only, Uncle Sal Abbinanti! As usual, this episode is very much not for the kids and the episode itself is raw and uncensored, but we go over everything from what Sal's been up to lately, life in and around Chicago as it tries to return to normal, his eventual return to conventions and what he wants to see once there, how time away has been a source of inspiration, plenty of slice of life anecdotes, and of course his current Kickstarter campaign for the Atomika: God is Red Omnibus. Dig in, this one is worth taking your time with and really savoring it. And for those of you celebrating, a happy and a healthy Thanksgiving to you all! (1:44:54)

Listen here or watch it on YouTube:

Comments

• alienalalienal Posts: 508

Ian and Murd, thanks for giving us this Uncle Sal episode. I missed hearing Pants laughter in the background, but it was still great catching up with Uncle. It was nice to hear the optimism he has for 2022 related to conventions and comic stores and Alex Ross stuff. Anyways, happy Thanksgiving to all!

• dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Loved the episode. When I see a new Uncle Sal episode is out I save it for a day when I got a pile of stuff to do.

Many times Sal's stories have helped me get through a rough day. Also many times I've been in the grocery store laughing very loudly at something Sal said as the people in the store just stare at me.