Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Murd's Time Bubble: The Thirty-Fourth Time Talkback

Adam_MurdoughAdam_Murdough Posts: 506
edited February 2022 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs

As the Time Bubble makes its first appearance in over a year, Murd emerges to give you the lowdown on the first-ever appearances of a true triple-threat from Marvel's Bronze Age; a magical mystery musician from DC's Silver Age; and an ambitious young squad of incorporated crusaders from the Time Bubble's current HQ in 2002! Plus other chronal curios. (3:11:20)

Listen here or on YouTube:

Comments

• Always reason to celebrate!

At some point, I bought and read all of The Power Company for a Skyrocket pitch I wrote I think for a DC Writers' Workshop application. Nice to hear them get some discussion.

Already looking forward to next....time.

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608

Good episode murd.

I actually have no comments about the issues. I've not read them

• BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377

"Bubbleñenos" 😂 That's a great term!

Was so thankful to find a new episode of Time Bubble, especially to soothe my nerves during our world's awful current events. Murd, you are doing God's work.

And I love picturing you driving the highways and byways of rural Pennsylvania dropping in on antique malls to find issues of 3-D Man, haha! That alone says 'comic + geek' at its very finest.

I was never into Power Company, but now that I hear Josiah Power is gay, I am going to seek it out. Am so curious how that aspect of his character was presented back then.

Thank you, as always, for putting in the hard work that goes into producing each of these Time Bubbles. They are appreciated and beloved.

Until next time... be safe!

• geraldkwgeraldkw Posts: 1

I really enjoyed learning about the Power Company. I would be interested in hearing more about them in the future. I'm finally comfortable going a few places so I might be looking for back issues in the near future.

I like the segments where you are talking about newly(at the TIME) launched super hero teams. There always seems to be a lot of good history both in the fiction and how the comics came about.

Also I found the discussion of Nightmaster very interesting. Fantasy comics fortunately have good representation these days and it's interesting to hear about earlier forays into that genre. Thanks again for doing the Time Bubble, it's a cherished annual event as it is now, but I'd love to hear from you more often.

• David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881