Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

A place for that most Predetermined of sports, Professional Wrestling

Comments

• dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

All I have watched for the last month is Impact,NJPW and some old IWRG stuff.

But startimg on the 21st till sometime in the fall I am in charge of setting up the hard cam and finding someone to run the ringside roaming camera for BIW.

21st is a show in Natchez with MLW's Richard Holiday vs local fave Rey Fury.

Then the July 9th event in West Monroe LA,yes the home of the Duck Dynasty family, It is Impact star Ace Austin taking on southern Vet Vordell Walker.

Pretty much 7 outta 11 show this year got some kind of "name" on them . Usually used as the last match before intermission,saving the two title defenses normaly as the 2 matches after intermission. This way also if they want to the "name" can leave right after intermission.

• RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

Impact Wrestling couldn't even muster a cameo appearance from Erika Eleniak?!

Here are my thoughts on Under Siege 2022.

Contains Spoilers.

This thing was so short, maybe they should have called it WrestleMania Eyelash!

Here are my thoughts on WrestleMania Backlash 2022

Contains Spoilers.

Man, there were as many Hell in Cell matches as there were Smackdown exclusive matches...1!

Here are my thoughts on Hell in a Cell 2022.

Contains Spoilers.

If only Marilyn Chambers & Ben Davidson were alive to see this...

Here are my thoughts on AEW/NJPW Forbidden Door.

Contains Spoilers.

Help support the Channel on Patreon

https://www.patreon.com/sleepytime4katproductions

Apologies to any Doctor Who fans looking for a review of Against All Oods!

Here are my thoughts on Impact Wrestling's Against All Odds.

Contains Spoilers.

These ladders with their rungs have no place in a wrestling ring...

Here are my thoughts on WWE Money in the Bank 2022.

Contains Spoilers.

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608

I was trying to watch New Japan yesterday they don't have the 1995 Sabu run on their streaming service. He was the Junior Heavyweight champion at the time.

Finished listening to Blood and Fire by Brian R Solomon. Man that was a good book about the original Sheik.

Now that Vince is finally done, we can start to take things seriously again...CUE THE TRACTOR!!!

Here are my thoughts on SummerSlam 2022.

Contains Spoilers.

Here are my thoughts on Impact: Emergence 2022...

Sadly, William Shatner was not guest hosting this show.

Contains Spoilers.

Gettign ready for two shows in two weekends.

Up this weekend is the Battlezone show at the Richland high school. Got your normal BZ roster plus two new faces....

Silas Young from ROH and Draven Lee,TN based wrestler.

Thhen on the 27th is the BIW event in my town. Besides a title match between champ Apoc and undefeated challenger Camacho there is a Loser wears a dress match for the BIW Deep South Heritage title. Champ Danny Chance vs Frankie Thomas.

At the BIW event gonna do a short video interview with the ref that counted the pin in Ric Flair's Final match. His name is Dave Miller,and known Super Dave for 8 years now.

Coming to you live from Wales. You know...ENGLAND!

Here are my thoughts on WWE Clash at the Castle.

Contains Spoilers.

Well what little hope I had for ROH died last night. There was no reason to put the ROH World title on Jericho.

Where exactly does someone purchase a barbed wire N64 controller?!

Here are my thoughts on Impact Wrestling's Victory Road.

Contains Spoilers.

Help Support the Channel on Patreon

Sadly, we still find ourselves lacking in extreme rice!

Here are my thoughts on WWE Extrem Rules 2022.

Contains Spoilers.

Is it any real surprise that a guy who willingly calls himself Bully might not be trustworthy?!

Here are my thoughts on Impact Wrestling OverDrive.

Contains Spoilers.

Has there ever been such a thing as Half Gear or Quarter Gear?!

Here are my thoughts on AEW Full Gear 2022!

Contains Spoilers.

Shall we play a game...How about a nice game of chess?

War Games arrives on the main roster, here are my thoughts on Survivor Series 2022!

Contains Spoilers.

Uncle Howdy really needs to recruit some livelier talent...

Here are my thoughts on the 2023 Royal Rumble.

Contains Spoilers.

PRetty much down to just watching Impact/NJPW on AXS/WOW and MLW now. Plus my local indies.

Speaking of indies Starting last weeked of this month I am pretty much booked every weekend until April.

Feb 25th The Gulf Coast Wrestling in Long Beach MS-Going down as of right now to film the show with 2 other camera people. But might end up being asked to do commentary.

March 4th Bayou Indie Wrestling in Brookhaven MS-Filming and vending. BIW is having a 4 way elimination match to determine the first BIW Women's champ. Cassandra Golden vs Emmy Camacho vs Promise Braxton vs I can't remember.

March 11th Alabama Wrestling Alliance in Ocean Springs MS-Right now just booked to film. Never been to an AWA event. This is their big Royal Rumble show. Riding down with a wrestler who passes right by my home going to most shows. SHould be fun since I know a pile of the roster. Might even vend if Nightmare has a bit of room on his gimmick table.

March 18th BIW West Monroe LA-Filming and vending,this is Cassidy Riley;s retirement show. He is facing long time tag partner Chase Stevens. Which should be a good match and also got former BIW Southern Heavyweight champ Apoc facing RUSSIAN DESTRUCTION VLADIMIR KOLOFF(no not that vlad koloff from decades ago.)

March 25th Battlezone Richland MS-Night two of their big two night Widowfest event. Every year to honor Pops Williamson BZ has a two night show. I try to hit Widowfest for at least one night each year. They usually book some big names and outside talent.

I know I will be filming but might vend too. The big match this year is for the NWA Womens title,current champ Kamille facing LUFISTO!!! Figured odds are I wont get many more chances to see Lufisto live. It is an hour drive from the house and tickets are 10 bucks if I end up having to buy one.

Then the only non-weekend show of the month.

March 30th SWA in Summitt MS-Just gonna film,well mostly. SWA for years had TV all over MS and was ,might still be,up on the FITE app to watch for free. Was a fun very southern style wrestling fed.

Some of yall might remember years ago how myself,SWA is were Ultimo Gallos was created,and Koby were Video and commentary crew for SWA from when they started back up in spring 2016 until I left in April 2017.

I left after the then majority owner of SWA and I had words. We didn't agree on some stuff, Still trying to figure out how SPeed Racer,TMNT and Scooby Doo=Those Satanic Metal shirts you wear to ever show. I leave and would watch their stuff on TV. But refused to goto any event they had.

Last year in January get a heads up that the guy in SWA i butted heads with was ran out of the fed. Seems over the 4 years or so since i left,and Koby left 2 years after I did,the owner lied and pulled some crap on the roster. Everybody got fed up. And the company was sold to a member of the commentary team. "And Gallos we are coming to the jr college near you. Please come. No heat here with anyone."

Went planning on sitting in the bleachers and just watching the matches with my father and a friend. Get there an hour before doors are opened. One of the guys sees me outside,opens a side door for us to come in. And from then until 20 minutes before bell time I just hung out and caught up with a pile of the guys I was lucky enough to get to know over 10 years ago.

As for this show. Well since the bleachers were not comfy on us old guys,I am the youngest that went last time and I was 48 then,getting floor seats. Asked for front row. Either way buddy is now debuting at this show as a heel manager. The plan is he comes out goes off on my dad. So I get up get up in his face. He goes by "the Brilliant One BRandon Turner" and has a huge bald spot. So I have,in 2 other feds,dubbed him the balding one BranDUMB TURDner. He will then shove me either back into my chair or to the floor. Help build up his heeldom in the eyes on the fans.

Something-Something-Something, on the ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA!

Here are my thoughts on Elimination Chamber 2023!

Contains Spoilers.

Here are my thoughts on Impact Wrestling's No Surrender...

Or as I kept calling it during the editing process, NO SURRNEDNER!

Contains Spoilers.

edited March 2023

Card may be subject to change...In just over 24 hours my thumbnail picture for this show was destroyed...

Here are my thoughts on Impact Wrestling's Sacrifice 2023.

Spoilers.

My predictions for WrestleMania 39 are now up...

It's one of the few times I don't have to use a spoiler warning anywhere!

Well, it certainly appears that Vince really is back in charge...

Here are my thoughts on WrestleMania 39.

Yeah, I know about the reported sale to UFC's parent company. I'm just waiting for an official statement.

Contains Spoilers!

Well didn't go and film that The Gulf Coast Wrestling show. All because everyone had a bad feeling about the event. First it changed venues 2 times in the weeks leading up to the day of the show. The day of the show it changed venues again. Plus I was hearing about how the booker was asking southern vets to "Work cheap for me brother I swear you will make huge at your table."

But show did happen,drew well; And now TGCW runs monthly in Bay St Louis MS.

Since the last post met Lufisto. Went to another AWA Pro Show. Which was a blast. Morning of the show buddy messages me. He had found a modern made Wrestlemania 6 shirt. "Its 2xl and used but I paid 3 for it make me an offer". Offered him 10. He drove it over. My plan was to go wash it and then sell it at the show that night. Look close and the size sticker is still on the front of the shirt.

So rode down with buddy. He had brought a table. After setting up,he went to go figure out his match. I put out the WM6 shirt plus 3 AEW figures I had gotten for 8 each.

Doors open crowd comes in. Older lady,learned she was pushing 60,sees the WM6 shirt. Asks how much "Ma'am they were 30 plus tax and shipping when they had them on the website,and you can see the size sticker is still on the front so it is new" before I could tell her my price she had opened up her purse and was handing me 30 bucks. Then she bought a shirt off my buddy's table and one of his masks. He sells Guy Fawke,light up Purge style and Hockey masks.

Then after Nightmare Jeremiah had come out to the table a dad and kid walk up. Jeremiah supposedly is the Blackwater Butcher from Blackwater MS. For years he never talked,he would just bark. Now he will say YOU SUCK. So if it is a show where I am there I act as his handler when he is at his table. Kid is visably scared of Nightmare. So I smile big see the kid has on a John Cena shirt "Nice shirt there young sir. He one of your favorites." And the kid smiled and went into how it was his 9th birthday and he loved wrestling and this was the first tiime he got to come to a show. "And if I get a picture with him" pointing at Nightmare" will he attack me?" Laugh "Nah he saves the attacking for in the ring."

Kid gets a picture with Nightmare. Then bought a MJF AEW figure off me for 25. I am thinking not bad. After gas money and food I will still make 30 bucks profit tonight so far. Then see across the room a lady has a table with a pile of figures. Walk over and bought a Mia Yim figure for 10.

Anyways fun show. 5 matches. They drew 150 or so people. Loud crowd. But one odd thing. They had chairs set up around 3 sides of the ring. After intermission it was time for Nightmare's match. He was facing Rey Fury,who is MS based but has worked all over the US including appearing on AEW Dark. Known Rey for years now,it was his debut iin AWA pro. And only Nightmare's 3rd show for them,but his 4th AWA pro match.

Well Nightmare comes out first. Stands on the stage and it is obvious while he is suppose ot be this big scary heel,1/3rd of more of the crowd,all of whom are sitting on the side nearest to me,is totally behiind Nighmare.

Rey Fury comes out and 2/3rds of the crowd are cheering him. But aafter a lock up and Jeremiah nailing Rey with a killer move ,rey leaned in and told Nightmare "well damn guess we split the crowd tonight"

Their entire match you had part of the crowd barking and yelling YOU SUCK to cheer on Nightmare. And the other part yeling YEET YEET and LUCHA LUCHA to cheer on Rey. Was the loudest and hottest that crowd got ath night.

Which made it more obvious that during the next match,the main event,the crowd was dead. Was the last match in a long running feud. With the number 1 face in AWA Pro facing his former best friend. Crowd was into it. But they were not as loud or as into the match as they were with Nightmare vs Rey Fury.

Going this upcoming weekend to Bay St Louis for The Gulf Coast Wrestling. Seems the owner is a dude that was in the indie wrestling scene 15 years ago. Got out and now runs a t shirt shop. He is paying decently. And hoping it is a good show.

What all yall watching? I am down to MLW on Reelz. ROH TV on Honor Club and Impact on AXS. NJPW On AXS I got 10 episodes on the DVR.

Mainly been working on another attempt at an E-Fed via WWE 2k23 (I tried one a few years back, but didn't have adequate capture technology).

Here's a small taste.

Puerto Rico truly is the Shining Star of the Caribbean...

Here are my thoughts on WWE Backlash 2023 (Spoilers)!

edited May 2023

So, here's some test footage for SleepyKat Wrestling...It's not pretty!

Insert Steven Segal joke here...

Here are my thoughts on Impact Under Siege 2023 (Spoilers).