Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    welp, Imma huge movie buff and I can get really critical when it comes to watching anything. Lately, I've been given up on American cinema and took my interests to Korean film, stuff from Chan-wook Park (or anything that has a similiar style, and let me tell you - those Korean's know what they're doing). I used to be a avid watcher of indie romantics, but it feels like they're just trying too hard these days.

I try to watch everything I can get my hands on concerning Woody Allen and no one can convince me otherwise that Federico Fellini is not the best director / best eye for the obsecure in cinema history PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

(The lovely part is most of the greats of which I mentioned can naturally be found on INSTANT QUEUE).
    I really liked Chan-wook Park's short film "Cut" that was part of Three Extremes.

• Options
    After a year and a half away from Netflix, I finally gave in and signed back up. There were some issues with Red Box (identity theft of two of my relatives) that pushed me to bite the bullet.

I did opt out of the streaming, though. My internet isn't really good enough to handle it, and the selection is nothing I'm impressed with.

So, I'm getting my DVD's through the mail again, and reviving my quest to see everything Doctor Who, from the beginning, that is available.

I'm happy. I'll probably do blog entries on each installment.
    Can't wait to read your thoughts on the older Doctor Who stuff. I also have Netflix but not the streaming option. Until about 3 weeks ago ,the area I live in had no access to broadband internet. So back when Netflix raised the price if you wanted to keep streaming,I ended up dropping streaming. And for what I had been paying for the 2 out plan I could go to 3 out. Now I have broadband net,but I have a pretty low monthly cap. Plus I have a dvd collection that at last count was a little over 5000 dvds. So I figured I will just stick to my 3 out plan.

• Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    HDNET movies had Batman Forever on. I used to like this film, but watching it again it's kind of crappy and should have served as a warning for Batman and Robin. I still think Kilmer did a good job as Bruce/Batman. And Jim Carrey was good too. But Chris O'Donnell was pretty bad in this. And Tommy Lee Jones was embarassingly bad. Plus the story doesn't hold together well.
  • Options
    HDNET movies had Batman Forever on. I used to like this film, but watching it again it's kind of crappy and should have served as a warning for Batman and Robin. I still think Kilmer did a good job as Bruce/Batman. And Jim Carrey was good too. But Chris O'Donnell was pretty bad in this. And Tommy Lee Jones was embarassingly bad. Plus the story doesn't hold together well.
    I walked out of the theater opening night of Batman Forever and hated it. Carrey was horrible,Jones was just as bad.

• Options
    The past two days I watched The Change-Up and the Hangover II.

The Change-Up was actually pretty funny. I wasn't expecting much and got a funny movie.

The Hangover II was lazy, unispired and most importantly not funny at all.
  • Options

I walked out of the theater opening night of Batman Forever and hated it. Carrey was horrible,Jones was just as bad.

How is the above offtopic?
  • Options
    I was wondering that myself
  • Options
    it seems that that there are people who don't understand these "functions" the new forum offers. Too bad.
  • Options
    Yeah seems that way. Oh well.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Watched He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword. It's pretty much exactly how you remember it, but it was fun in spite of (or maybe because of) that.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Finished the third series of Merlin. Great stuff. Getting into series one of the UK version of Being Human. Like it a lot.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    Last week, my fiancee and I started watching Twin Peaks. She'd never seen it, and we've been looking for a show to watch together since finishing Lost and Battlestar: Galactica.

We're a few episodes into season two, and I'm surprised how much I'd forgotten from that season. I loved revisiting the first season, which held up perfectly, but that second season is as disappointing as I'd remembered. For some reason, my fiancee doesn't think it's that bad, but I'm curious to see if she keeps that opinion when things really go off the rails by the end.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Still catching up on anime. Watched the first episode of Chobits last night and I have never gotten so many "What the hell are you watching" questions from the peanut gallery at home.
  • Options
    TrustyMutsiTrustyMutsi Posts: 161
    Watching the original Transformers cartoon, to prepare to watch "Beast Wars", which I've heard nothing but good things, but have never seen.

As I've been watching the last few episodes of the original series, I've realized I never saw the last Headmaster/Targetmaster episodes. It's hard to go back. They were pretty harsh :(
  • Options

As I've been watching the last few episodes of the original series, I've realized I never saw the last Headmaster/Targetmaster episodes. It's hard to go back. They were pretty harsh :(
    I always managed to miss those the first time around, too. Apparently my subconscious mind was actually trying to protect me all along. Great googly moogly, were those ever bad. I hear the Japanese Headmasters cartoon which continued on in its own direction from the end of the original series (the rage virus, return of Optimus, etc.) was actually pretty good and made at least a little more sense. But what we got here... yeesh.
  • Options
    I never saw but heard great things, but Showtime was replaying the first season of Homeland, so I dvr'd it and planning on watching it later.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender for the first time. Holy crap, is that a good show. I know it has gotten a lot of internet love over the years but, you know... it's the internet. The internet overenthuses about some pretty terrible things sometimes. But this one they got right. Six episodes in and I'm hooked. Hell, one episode in and I was hooked.

^:)^
  • Options
    I have the original Swedish version of the Millenium trilogy that I'm going to watch
  • Options
    coutstevocoutstevo Posts: 7
    I've been watching the x-men cartoon from the 90s, I'm not sure when they added this to streaming. The opening theme song has been stuck in my head for the last couple of days.
  • Options
    The Tribe season 1 part 1,Got this dvd set today as a birthday gift. Love the hell outta this tv series. Which seems to be almost unknown in the USA. Also got Cherry Falls and American History X.

Watched the first half of Abraham Lincoln Vs Zombies this morning before bed. Not bad for a ultra low budget DTV movie.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Started season six of Weeds.
  • Options
    GonzogooseGonzogoose Posts: 66
    I just wrapped watching the first four seasons of Mad Men. Really enjoyed it. I wasn't really familiar with it at all, but saw it on there and gave it a try. Zoomed through them and now await the fifth season.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I finished season 6 of Star Trek TNG and have started the first season of DS9.
  • Options
    Season 2 of Grounded for Life. Mill Creek re-released these super cheap. Been getting the season sets for around $5 each.
  • Options
    Watched the first half of Abraham Lincoln Vs Zombies this morning before bed. Not bad for a ultra low budget DTV movie.
    That movie comes from The Asylum. They make movies with titles VERY similar to current blockbuster in theaters. More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Asylum
  • Options
    I just wrapped watching the first four seasons of Mad Men. Really enjoyed it. I wasn't really familiar with it at all, but saw it on there and gave it a try. Zoomed through them and now await the fifth season.
    I'm having trouble getting into this show. Watched two episodes, and all I took away from it is a bunch of selfish people trying to party it up as much as possible. Maybe I need to watch more, of maybe that's the draw of the show.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I agree. I couldn't get in to Mad Men either. I stuck around a while because of Hendricks but even she couldn't keep me watching.
  • Options
    That movie comes from The Asylum. They make movies with titles VERY similar to current blockbuster in theaters. More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Asylum
    Yeah The Asylum is the closest we are gonna get to a new AIP.

• Options

AIP?

• Options

AIP?

American International Pictures,The company that Roger Corman started at years ago.