Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

For me its Frasier recently. I discovered that the callers are actually celebrities like Mel Brooks, Ben Stiller, etc.

How about you?

Comments

• LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Making my way through Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes right now. Really enjoying that. It has a very Justice League Unlimited vibe to it that I enjoy, and the characterizations are great. And I have to admit I'm crushing pretty hard right now on the show's version of the Wasp. :\">

Slowly picking my way through Robotech, too. I'm only a handful of episodes from the end of Macross, but all those Minmei songs make it really hard to get through, even though I enjoy the series as a whole.

I'm also making my way through Cosmos. Carl Sagan was the damn man.

And, of course, my son enjoys Phineas & Ferb and Mythbusters (because he's awesome like that), so we watch a lot of those.

• And, of course, my son enjoys Phineas & Ferb and Mythbusters (because he's awesome like that), so we watch a lot of those.
    that is awesome. How fun would that job be?!
  • JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    edited March 2012
    doctor who season 6 (karen gillan...om nom) and mad men season 1 (christina hendricks... yum), with an occasional episode of how it's made. the wife is working on big bang theory, kept telling her for years she would like it. her reply was always "why would I want to watch a show about a bunch of scientist comic book nerds?" ....my reply was "because you are married to one" lol, now she is a huge fan of sheldon, she likes how completely off on his own planet most times.
  • FeedbackFeedback Posts: 31
    I'm making my way through Breakout Kings right now, just finished the 5 seasons of Leverage that Netflix Canada has.
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I just started season 3
  • My Wife and I are working our way through Breaking Bad right now, in Season 3. I want to watch Friday Night Lights next or BSG. Just the pilots for both weren't that grabbing, but thats probably with any show.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Angel Beats! <- Yes, the exclamation point is part of the title. It's an anime about a bunch of kids who are dead and stuck in an afterlife high school where the main goal is to take out "Angel" - the afterworld's security program (who of course looks like a waifishly cute girl). They hooked me with the line "You can't die in here...but it still REALLY REALLY hurts!" :)

Also working my way through the Matt Smith Dr. Who...

And Library Boy - you'll survive the Minmei music...when you get to the third season (Next Generation) you'll get Yellow Dancer. Much better music. :)
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    And Library Boy - you'll survive the Minmei music...
    My brain hurts just thinking about Minmei "music".
    Stage fright! Go away! This is my big day! This is my tiiiiime to beeeee a staaaaaaaaaaarrrrr! \m/

If there's a Hell, the soundtrack is sung by Minmei, I'm sure of it.
  • JoeSergiJoeSergi Posts: 78
    All 100 episodes of SG 1 in order :-) Check back with me in a year.
  • All 100 episodes of SG 1 in order :-) Check back with me in a year.
    I saw that.. Man, that will kill some hours for me as well.
  • FeedbackFeedback Posts: 31
    I'm jealous with all the shows that you guys are commenting on. In Canada we don't get any of those shows with the exception of Breaking Bad and Stargate.
  • Top 3 right now:

Cake Boss
    Kitchen Nightmares
    Breaking Bad

Other ones here and there:

Cheers
    90's X-Men Season 4
    Pawn Stars

I'd like to also know how everyone is using their Netflix Instant Watch.

I mainly use my first gen Roku!
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794

This is pretty sick - I use it on my Xbox360 in one room, the PS3 in another, on my iPad when I'm on the go. We may not have flying cars but by heaven I have tv on demand wherever I want it. :)

• WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    The first two discs of Game of Thrones are due to show up tomorrow!
    We mostly watch Netflix (and Hulu and Amazon Prime) through the Roku, though occasionally we'll watch on the laptop if it's a web-only Hulu thing. If I'm on my break at work, I'll watch on my phone.
  • KilmarockKilmarock Posts: 174
    Doctor Who: Inferno (3rd Doctor: Jon Pertwee) - reminds of a classic Star Trek episode (Mirror, Mirror); possibly my favorite 3rd Doctor story although I haven't seen more than a handful of them
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Oh man, what do we not watch on Netflix? I've never had cable and refuse to pay for its high cost. But Netflix has been a wonderful service. We've also got Amazon Prime, but don't use it very much because the lack of shows (or Netflix already has and I'm more familiar with them).

Anyway, my wife and I have caught up on
    Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, & Universe
    Top Gear

And currently we're/I've watching
    MacGyver
    American Chopper

Recommend
    Shaun the Sheep
    Being Elmo
    Firefly
  • Had watched Being Elmo last week, @fredzilla. How cool was that Muppet workshop?!
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    edited March 2012

I Bought a PS3 over the holidays, so I use that to stream.
  • SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    I watched the Muppets this weekend (DVD through the mail). What a wonderful, wonderful movie.

On instant I'm working my way through Psyche.
  • I find myself watching a lot of these MSNBC 45 minute "documentaries" some are crap, some are interesting, but I'm slowly going through them, lol
  • @Threadkiller,

I use my computer, the wife's laptop or now my Android phone. One day I would like to hook it up to the TV
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Had watched Being Elmo last week, @fredzilla. How cool was that Muppet workshop?!
    I know it sounds cliche, but I was in awe of the whole thing. The fact that a high school kid could have as much talent as he did to the lucky breaks he got getting in with Henson and his crew. I watch a lot of documentaries and this one is in my top five. Any Muppet, Sesame Street, or Henson fan must watch this.
  • Currently going through Hoarders. Just Started Season 3. I mostly watch Netflix from my laptop while my son watches netflix from our Nintendo Wii. It is perfect for my son because it has just about every episode of Dora, Diego and Curious George, his 3 favorite shows.

Netflix and Hulu have made a big difference in the way my wife and I watch shows. We no longer have cable or satellite any more. Any TV shows I want to watch I either watch on hulu, Netflix or wait for the DVD. The only live TV I'm interested in is baseball, and for that I have my MLB Package (Season starts next week!}
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Well since I live in a mega rural area I can't get broadband internet. So I got netflix but just the dvds by mail option. Most weeks I manage to get in 6 dvds. This week I have watched "Sharktopus",which was a great piece of low budget cheese,and "Night of the Demons 2",which is a fun 90s era horror flick. Got in today the first disc of "Life on mars season 1" the BBC version.
  • Had watched Being Elmo last week, @fredzilla. How cool was that Muppet workshop?!
    I know it sounds cliche, but I was in awe of the whole thing. The fact that a high school kid could have as much talent as he did to the lucky breaks he got getting in with Henson and his crew. I watch a lot of documentaries and this one is in my top five. Any Muppet, Sesame Street, or Henson fan must watch this.
    Ditto. I watched it with my jaw gaped open the entire time. I wished I had watched it sooner.

• Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Working through Star Trek: TNG

Just finished the new(er) six part Monty Python documentary.

I also just watched the documentary on the guy behind Elmo -- which was very good.
  • Recently finished catching up on Supernatural, and am currently going through a few movies I saved to my queue for instant watch. I also toss on That 70s Show when I'm working or whatever, restarted it from the beginning. The most recent film I watched was a British film called Exam. A psychological thriller that was pretty decent.
  • jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Right now I'm knee deep into season 3 of Merlin. I'm really liking this series a lot. I like the aspect of young Merlin who is just getting used to his powers as he forms a friendship with young Prince Arthur. I like Anthony Head as Uther Pendragon. Great show.