Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What did you buy today?

It's comic wednesday. Surely some of you have been to the comic shop. What did you buy?

Bry

Comments

• jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I bought:
    Batman 7 which was fantastic
    Nightwing 7 which was also fantastic and tied in a bit with Batman 7 although you can read them independent of each other and not miss out on anything
    Justice League 7 which was also good.
    Green Lantern Corps 7 which was a nice John Stewart issue
    Tiny Titans 50 which was great. I'll miss that book a lot.
  • brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    I'm glad to hear that Batman is still good. I haven't read it for a couple of months. Now that the older issues are cheaper, I need to pick up the "issues" I'm missing and get the digital versions. The first two issues were fantastic.

Bry
  • Spyral66Spyral66 Posts: 2
    Hello-I'm new to the forums...be kind to me.I have just got my stash of comics which are on their way from Poole!!Looking forward to Batman # 7 and the new Millar book...also picked up 52 volume 3 for £4.00 at a flea market

• KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Keep in mind I haven't actually received any of these yet, but this is what I got this week...

Batman 7
    Justice League 7
    Wonder Woman 7
    Dominique LaVeau 1 (probably something I wouldn't have bought if not for the DCBS Vertigo bundle)
    Uncanny X-Men 9
    X-Factor 233
  • kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    BPRD Plague of Frogs Vol. 3 Hardcover (woo hoo!)
    BPRD Hell on Earth: Long Death #2
    Bunny Drop GN Vol. 5 (woo hoo!)
  • jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I'm glad to hear that Batman is still good. I haven't read it for a couple of months. Now that the older issues are cheaper, I need to pick up the "issues" I'm missing and get the digital versions. The first two issues were fantastic.

Bry
    I feel that Batman has only gotten better with each issue and for my money, issue #5 was just outstanding. An early favorite for single issue of the year for me.
  • KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Issue 5 was so good that when I first read issue 6, I thought it was a letdown after issue 5, but then I read it again and realized it was (almost) just as good.
  • ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617

BATMAN #7
    DEADPOOL #52 - Better than the last one but it slipped from what I had hoped based on #50
    DIABLO #3 (OF 5)
    HOAX HUNTERS #0
    ICHIRO GN - This is great!
    INFESTATION 2 TMNT #2 (OF 2)
    PEANUTS #3 (OF 4)
    RAGEMOOR #1 - This is the biggest letdown in comics I have suffered in a LONG time. WTF? This is just bad. The faces look like badly rendered 3D models with digital "painting" done to them. There are strange spots of digital blur with nor rhyme or reason to them and it looks like someone spilled little water drops on the pages that smudged the art in tiny spots. This is not the Corben I know and I have no idea what the hell happened here. Disastrous.
  • JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    edited March 2012
    Prophet #23
    Batman #7 (this was soooo damn good)
    Blacksad
    Y: The Last Man Deluxe vol1 (trying to redeem myself for pirating the whole series)
    Hoax Hunters #0
    Transmetropolitan vol 1 & 2
    Dominique Laveau Voodoo Child #1
    the Paolo Rivera Daredevil poster

a handful of other things on my dcbs order that I just can't remember right now
  • Bit of a Trade/HC heavy week

Vampirella Archives Vol 4 - Got it sent today from Amazon today (so it is technically bought)

Corto Maltese - Sure can see the connection to Milo Manara

Elephantmen - First four volumes

Age of Apocalypse Omnibus
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    As mentioned in another thread, I bought Demon Knights #7 digitally. Man this book is delivering everything I want in a comic. There's humor, action, darkness and light, complex but interesting characters, great villains, and holy crap does that artwork just shine on the iPad. I'm hoping Paul Cornell will show up at the Phoenix Con this year again so I can shake his hand and thank him for this book.
    Amazon/InstockTrades Addendum:

G.I. JOE Yearbook

Moriarty Volume 2 TP

Ozma of Oz HC

DAREDEVIL BY BENDIS & MALEEV TP ULT COLL BOOK 01

CARBON GREY VOL 01 SISTERS AT WAR TP
  • An extremely light week for me.

Catwoman #7
    Supergirl #7
  • mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    The "YEAH the forums are back, CGS forums 3.0" Edition

BATMAN #7
    CATWOMAN #7 (last issue for me)
    FABLES #115 (MR)
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #7

Matthew
  • I got:

Batman 7
    Red Hood and the Outlaws 7
    Blue Beetle 7
    Justice League 7
    Amazing Spiderman 682
    Avengers - Fury's Big Week 7
    Avengers X-Sanction 4 - A disappointing letdown. Had nothing to do with AvX except that Hope was in it.
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Star Wars Dawn of the Jedi #2
    Justice League #7
    Tiny Titans #50 :(
    Amazing Spider-Man #682
    Peanuts #3
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Batman 7 - Liked it, but the major revelation of the issue (and how it was revealed) was kinda silly, I thought. Never go to Batman when you need dental work!
    Supergirl 7 - Now that I'm caught up, this is one of my favorite new DC books.
    Justice League 7 - Bought just for Shazam, which was... well, it's not a great start, but it's hard to make a real judgment after just 8 pages.
    Tiny Titans #50 - Nice send off for this book. Really looking forward to Superman Family Adventures.

Tiny Titans #50 - Nice send off for this book. Really looking forward to Superman Family Adventures.
    I'm looking forward to Superman Family Adventures & Smallville Season 11.

Matthew
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Kind of cheating,cause all this stuff was bought March 17th.

Trades
    Complete Badger Volumes 1,2,3,4
    Stormwatch volumes 2,3,4,5-Warren Ellis run
    Max Howard the DucK
    Alan Moore's American's Best Comics
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol 1
    Human Target 1,2
    Tad Caldwell and the Monster Kid

• Trades

Starman Omnibus Vol 2
    Starman Omnibus Vol 3
    Starman Omnibus Vol 4
    Starman Omnibus Vol 5
    Starman Omnibus Vol 6
    Ex Machina Deluxe Vol 1
  • due to financial reasons, I haven't been buying many, if any, new comics for months now. But I do occasionally check in at my LCS, and late last Fall, I started picking up the old issues of Brandon Graham's KING CITY, which I was hearing a lot of good things about. And, though it took me a couple issues to "get it," it was as good as I'd heard. So, when it was announced that Graham was going to take over PROPHET and really start from scratch, I was onboard. So, I dropped in and picked up issue #23 this past week. I have not been disappointed with this series at all, three issues in. I love good science fiction and this is scratching that itch for me. Fun stuff.
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    just a few moments ago I bought/downloaded some fodder for my tab:

Beyond the Fringe #4: Chapter A
    Beyond the Fringe #4: Chapter B
    Beyond the Fringe #5: Chapter A
    Peter Panzerfaust #1
    Rachel Rising #1
    Reed Gunther Vol. 1
    Saga #1

• Hello-I'm new to the forums...be kind to me.I have just got my stash of comics which are on their way from Poole!!Looking forward to Batman # 7 and the new Millar book...also picked up 52 volume 3 for £4.00 at a flea market

welcome!

I had gotten:

Justice League #7 (although I am done with the 3.99 price pt, I am gonna wait on this title after price drops from now on)

Red Hood and the Outlaws #7 (great art, Rocafort hasn't missed a month, whoo-hoo!)

GLC #6
    Legion #6
    Blue Beetle #6

and a bunch of Legion's .99 sale. Great Darkness Saga and original Legion Lost for under 10 bucks, nice!

edited March 2012
    The "Reading of my regina pile of comics, trades & HCs" Edition

ALL STAR WESTERN #7 (last issue for me)
    SUPERMAN #7
    DAREDEVIL #10
    FF #16

Matthew
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Aquaman #7
    Voodoo #7
    TMNT #8
    Transformers Robots in Disguise #3
    Avengers #24.1
    Daredevil #10
    FF #16
    New Avengers #23
    Super light week for me, although I have been buying a grip of trades, HCs, and GNS lately.

MAGIC THE GATHERING #3 (x2)
    MOON KNIGHT #11 - So sad this is ending even though I'm glad it is.
    TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #8
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Supergirl #6 (my shop was able to reorder it for me)
    Daredevil #10
    Aquaman #7
    Snarked #6
    Legion of Super-Heroes (Baxter run) #s 28 & 29

Also a nice week for freebies: an Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon preview comic and a promo print & button for Avengers Vs. X-Men. I do love me some comics promo buttons.
  • MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    All-Star Western #7
    DMZ Volume 11 Free States Rising TP
    Green Lantern New Guardians #7
    New Deadwardians #1
    Avengers Vs X-Men #0
    Daredevil #10
  • TrevTrev Posts: 310
    nobody but me got the new Atomic Robo book? You guys are missing out if you haven't read Atomic Robo.

I got:

FF 16
    Flash 7
    Atomic Robo: Real Science Adventures 1
    I read Atomic Robo in trade. There have been a lot of releases of late though and my interest has waned a bit. Same for DD and a few other of the great books dropping today.