Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mike Gallagher kicked off the show

Comments

• Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    random73 said:

KyleMoyer said:

In the interest of honesty, I have to ask if I'm the only one who found those two official statements to be very "PC" and sound like they were written by a PR firm?

Nope. Not just you. Didn't say much did it? What hideous sin does one do to get fired from a podcast?
    Masturbating on the air.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    KyleMoyer said:

random73 said:

KyleMoyer said:

In the interest of honesty, I have to ask if I'm the only one who found those two official statements to be very "PC" and sound like they were written by a PR firm?

Nope. Not just you. Didn't say much did it? What hideous sin does one do to get fired from a podcast?
    Masturbating on the air.
    Masturbating in the air?
  • Options
    rebis said:

KyleMoyer said:

random73 said:

KyleMoyer said:

Masturbating on the air.
    Masturbating in the air?
    or both lol
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Mike spunk everywhere. Maybe he's gone because he wouldn't pony up for the cleaning bill?
  • Options
    peedmyselfpeedmyself Posts: 105
    edited October 2012
    Too bad, I thought Mike was in Murd's and Peter's league when he had something to inject. I'll just assume this is the pendulum swinging on the relatively-famous Mike/Deemer/Peter power struggle.

edit: I should probably mention that I'm not really serious about the power struggle thing, but that had such legs before I had to throw it in there.
  • Options
    brydeemer said:

It's not me being PC. Some stuff is for the public and some stuff isn't. It's that simple.

Bry

I actually agree with that completely. It's just that (to me at least) outright saying "the reasons aren't going to be public" sounds better than a PC sorta " we wish him the best" kinda post. Or maybe I'm just jaded.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    edited October 2012
    Peter has been gone for years! how does that guy still enter into the discussion? Is he some sort of behind the scenes Godfather? I'm sick of hearing about the dude.

@brydeemer no, I do not trust this choice is justified. This smacks of a railroad job.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    @mikegallagher I don't believe in luck so I will wish you success, sir.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I enjoyed hearing Mike on the show and think it was a great decision to have him on. Too bad.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Oh, goody. Wild speculation and recriminations. Because that always ends so well.
  • Options
    I am going to miss Mike on the show... Our taste in comics were almost total opposites, but I always respected his opinion. He made a great member of the team. This is such a shame.
  • Options
    Love you, Mike. You're still my favorite ;)
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Podcast drama is the best drama
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    I will miss mike nominating something out of left field like Space Family Robinson for the end of the year awards. His choices for that or top 5 episodes always made the show interesting because you never knew which direction he would be going.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    I like all the hosts on the show even the one who is Batman crazy has merit on the show too. Mike filled a niche on all things X-Men & being indie supportive. I am not going play he said, he said I save that for politics. I hope Mike goes his own route be it his own podcast, comics, his family whatever excites him most. As for Pants, Jamie D., Shane, & CGS Matt I respect each of you as friends & for your efforts each & every week. As for Deemer, I still miss you too.

Listening since the early days,
    Matthew
  • Options

Now let the Mike bashing begin old timers! It's what you asked for I'm told!

As an old timer I would like everyone to know I had absolutely nothing to do with this situation. I am not even sure which one is the Mike Gallagher.

Hugh! Welcome to the new forums. You've been missed.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    KyleMoyer said:

KyleMoyer said:

random73 said:

KyleMoyer said:

Masturbating on the air.
    I love that someone considered this "insightful."
    Maybe it is Pants that masturbates while recording. Might explain his changes in the pitch of his voice. ;)

• Options
    GargoyleGargoyle Posts: 199
    These things happen. Quite simply I've enough drama of my own that I don't need to buy into anyone else's on either side.

I wish Mike all the best as well as continued success to CGS.

If the worst thing that happens in the world this week is that someone leaves a podcast then it'll go down as a win.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited October 2012
    Photobucket

Goodbye Mike - and good luck
  • Options
    dubbat138 said:

KyleMoyer said:

KyleMoyer said:

random73 said:

KyleMoyer said:

Masturbating on the air.
    I love that someone considered this "insightful."
    Maybe it is Pants that masturbates while recording. Might explain his changes in the pitch of his voice. ;)

It makes one wonder what the REAL origin of his name is.
  • Options
    Damn. This is bad. It didn't even occur to me that these kinda things happen on things like podcasts :(
    All the best Mike, seriously! I really liked you and I was really excited about the prospect of possibly meeting you at London, but alas, the gods of Podcastia (the land of podcasts) decided it was not to be :(
    At least now you ain't gettin' on no plane!