Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mike Gallagher kicked off the show

Comments

• random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    You asked. I know it isn't a perfect metaphor but it provides context. You're right. I'm not on the inside. But if you want to know what it looks like from the outside...there you go.
  • KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727

This might make me a dick but this made me laugh out loud. This whole comment is out of pocket. None of us know anything but what has been said in here. That mean you can 't pass judgement on a decision by people about there thing.

Not entirely true.

We also know what Mike has said on Facebook, which is that he was booted because anonymous people complained to "John" the mysterious backer of CGS who nobody knew existed before this, but somehow these anonymous people knew to complain to him.

We've also seen the way certain other grown children have acted toward Mike on other forums like Twitter and Facebook.

Putting those together, as well as just general vibes I've picked up that I can't put into words, I've done a very different "reading between the lines" then it seems others have.

Someone let me know when Drunk Cap is on CGS because I doubt I'll be listening to very many more episodes (I can look at the descriptions to find out when Uncle Sal is on).

We, being comic geeks, hate change and crave it at the same time. And we love drama (otherwise X-Men, LoSH, heck its the foundation of this very medium we love to share and partake in) and it is a change in the show that we have to adjust to.

I know we all feel bit part of the community of CGS, and being on and in the forums adds to that. But it stops there. The forum is not the show. The show is the show. Draw the line in our heads and leave it at that. Let those who have handled the matter handle it. It is not our place to involve ourselves in other peoples' private affairs. The matter has been addressed. Lets move on, please...

and if you "dislike" or "disagree", cool.

But the show is based off of the illusion that it's just a bunch of friends sitting around talking about comics. If Mike got booted because he wasn't getting along with the rest of the geeks (no matter whose fault it was, if anyone's), then that illusion would not be shattered because that kind of thing happens with friends. If Mike is getting booted because the anonymous financial backer of CGS said to boot him, the illusion is shattered.
    WetRats said:

Having seen the way Bryan has handled a number of ... complicated ... issues in the past, I really think y'all should be giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

I appreciate you sticking up for bry but i can't base decision on what YOU know. I have to base it on what I know, limited though that may be. I'm not saying this is the end of CGS as we know it or that i'm never listening to the show again. I'm saying that from the outside this looks like a railroad job and i'm not digging that.

• WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    random73 said:

WetRats said:

Having seen the way Bryan has handled a number of ... complicated ... issues in the past, I really think y'all should be giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

I appreciate you sticking up for bry but i can't base decision on what YOU know. I have to base it on what I know, limited though that may be. I'm not saying this is the end of CGS as we know it or that i'm never listening to the show again. I'm saying that from the outside this looks like a railroad job and i'm not digging that.
    I wasn't referring to inside knowledge, just several years observation of both the forum and the show.
    phansford said:

Sometimes people don't want to admit that their conduct may have resulted in their departure. And when the event is recent, its hard to distance yourself to honestly assess one's own behavior and how it might have affected the situation. Hind sight is 20/20 and gets clearer with time.

You realize that statement could apply equally well to either Bryan or Mike.
  • phansfordphansford Posts: 221
    edited October 2012
    Of course you can apply it any way you want. We'll all been on both sides and our views change over time.

FWIW- I am trying to discuss the topic in generic terms. I am also not reading FB or Tweets. That's just post-rationalization and spin.
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    WetRats said:

**WARNING** **PUN AHEAD**

I guess it's ridiculous to expect comic fans not to speculate.

Classic, 'Rats.

That made me laugh. Out loud, even.
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087

gopfriedstutz!!!

=))

Just got my first "off topic".... for this.....and I'm sure whoever gave it to me doesn't have the slightest idea what the word even means....

Beware of those free-roaming sad twisted trolls! Shoot on sight! >:)
    JDick said:

Your first paragraph doesn't even make sense.

Actually, the entire point was that it doesn't make sense, but I'll break it down.

Mike claims (and nobody has discredited it) that he was fired on request of John, the anonymous financial backer of CGS.

Nobody (other than the geeks, I assume.... although I think Mike said that he doesn't even know John's last name, so maybe they don't either) knew that John existed before this.

John thought Mike should be let go of because John received complaints about Mike.

Somehow the people who don't know that John existed knew to complain to him.

You're right. It doesn't make sense.

gopfriedstutz!!!

=))

Just got my first "off topic".... for this.....and I'm sure whoever gave it to me doesn't have the slightest idea what the word even means....

Beware of those free-roaming sad twisted trolls! Shoot on sight! >:)
    Apparently, attempts to bring a little levity to this thread are "off-topic".

:P
  • PeterPeter Posts: 470
    WetRats said:

Oh they speculate. They just do it poorly. :P

So says the guy who correctly surmised the villain behind 52. booya!
    Peter said:

WetRats said:

Oh they speculate. They just do it poorly. :P

So says the guy who correctly surmised the villain behind 52. booya!
    It was "John", right?
    Nope. It was...

The Puppet Rios!

Take that anyway you want. :)
    Hmm. thats a fair question. before we start putting things in "air quotes" lets ask flat out. Bryan, or any other geeks, Who is John? Allegedly this is the owner of the London Super Show and a mysterious financial backer of CGS. Does this guy exist or is this a load of hokum? easy enough to answer and has nothing fundamentally to do with Mike....does it?
    It's called Nunya.

Besides. So far I've heard that it was Bryan's fault. Then my fault. And now John's fault.

At no point is it Mike's fault?

Riiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt
    Well said Phansford. Anything else is deflection.
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    phansford said:

random73 said:

Hmm. thats a fair question. before we start putting things in "air quotes" lets ask flat out. Bryan, or any other geeks, Who is John? Allegedly this is the owner of the London Super Show and a mysterious financial backer of CGS. Does this guy exist or is this a load of hokum? easy enough to answer and has nothing fundamentally to do with Mike....does it?

IMHO - Its none of our business. The reason Mike is no longer with the show is none of our business. Some people are trying to make it our business - but its not.

My business is to give you the business. And business is boomin'.