Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mike Gallagher kicked off the show

Comments

• Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    Peter said:

Gargoyle said:

b) John's involvement is in no way the big secret that it seems to be being painted as. Just because someone doesn't tell you something, that doesn't mean it's a secret. It just means they've chosen not to tell you for some reason, such as answer a)

Seriously.

I mean - if Mike was told to keep some big secret, I guess all those hundreds of people who attended and exhibited at Super Show 2008, 2010 and 2011 had to sign a non-disclosure act as well.

Secret. pssshhhh.

Besides - if this was all true, then I guess I left some big money on the table when I left to work on theatre. Because, you know, theatre pays so well.

8-|
    I miss this guy on the show. Peter was the best shit stirrer around...I loved it. Calling out other podcasts and stuff. Getting drunk on the show. I'm OK with Mike off the show but I still miss this dude!
  • Options
    Remember what I said pages and pages ago about how digging into things behind the scenes makes them a lot less fun?

This is a lot less fun.

But I am glad Marty is back. Sorry about the job, old chum.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    WetRats said:

Y'all.

Seriously.

If Bryan were such a malevolent conspirator, why would he have allowed Mike to remain on the forum?

Or left this thread unlocked and unmolested?

He's allowing people to call him a liar on his own damn forum.

What a monster.

All I'm doing is trying to make sense of what's already been said, but honestly, if Mike is being completely honest about everything, the worst thing Bryan could do would be to delete and edit this thread because then it looks like it's true and they're hiding something. Nothing breeds conspiracy theories more than silencing those who bring it up.

But again..... I'm just the messenger putting together what's been said already.
  • Options
    Will_TWOTHWill_TWOTH Posts: 54
    edited October 2012
    I don't know what to think!
    I'm fine with CGS Keeping the more intimate details to themselves, it is their business after all (although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious!), but I think the main thing, is that I'd have that bad taste that's in my mouth washed away knowing that Mike himself had an answer he felt satisfactory, as that is his business. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, but that's just how I feel about. Am I going to stop listening? NO! Am I going to stop stalking Mike?* NO! Does it feel weird listening to CGS now? Yes, a bit, but I'm sure that'll pass, and that's mainly due to the fact that Mike's not on the show, even if his leaving would have been cleaner, I'd still feel this way simply because he's no there. So yeah. All that stuff.

*His words!
  • Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    Or - you continue to let the rambler ramble and dig his own hole.

The right people know what's up. And that's all that matters.
  • Options
    JDick said:

I miss this guy on the show. Peter was the best shit stirrer around...I loved it. Calling out other podcasts and stuff. Getting drunk on the show. I'm OK with Mike off the show but I still miss this dude!

Thanks, man. I'm blushing. :)

• Options
    Remember when we were all allowed to spend Christmas together. :(
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Peter said:

Gargoyle said:

b) John's involvement is in no way the big secret that it seems to be being painted as. Just because someone doesn't tell you something, that doesn't mean it's a secret. It just means they've chosen not to tell you for some reason, such as answer a)

Seriously.

I mean - if Mike was told to keep some big secret, I guess all those hundreds of people who attended and exhibited at Super Show 2008, 2010 and 2011 had to sign a non-disclosure act as well.

Secret. pssshhhh.

Besides - if this was all true, then I guess I left some big money on the table when I left to work on theatre. Because, you know, theatre pays so well.

8-|
    That isn't a denial. Dodging te question does not invalidate it. Neither does rolling your eyes.

Apparently there is some truth to it or the simple answer would have been..."huh? Sorry, No such person"'. Conversation over. But getting a reactionary "nonya" seems to indicate there is something there to be hidden. Now I'm just curious.
  • Options
    Uhhh... you may need to read that post again. Especially the part about all the Super Shows. We'll wait. :)
  • Options
    Marty: the single ray of light in an otherwise bleak and dreary thread.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    This whole thing reminds me of when Robbie got kicked out of Take That. My girlfriend cried her eyes out when that happened. Now it's my turn to shed a tear.

In all seriousness I do wonder what happened behind the scenes. And I'm sure Mike was told the reason behind his departure. But at the end of the day it's none of our (the listeners) business.

All that really matters is that CGS stays as good as its been recently. In a few weeks time when this has all settled down we'll be able tell the real fallout from all this.
  • Options
    GargoyleGargoyle Posts: 199
    random73 said:

no, i read it right. there are a lot of rhetocial tools used in there but never a clear statement. This is not true this person doesn't exist. would be an example. you can smugly imply that i am dim all you want but it still doesn't invalidate anything i have said.

Peter can speak for himself but I don't think he was trying to be rude or smug. It's simply that John does exist, he's been at all the Super Shows and has been supporting the show in one way, shape or form since Kevin was a regular. Pete's probably just assuming you knew this.
  • Options
    Caliban. That's brilliant.

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Peter said:

Caliban. That's brilliant.

Is that you in the chair Peter??? ;)
  • Options
    When all this is said and done, one of two things will be revealed:

1) John isn't real. Pants is the secret backer. He came up with the alias while sitting on the toilet. He is also Keyser Soze.

2) "Robin" John Blake is using the Wayne fortune to finance CGS.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    PS- MAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRTTTTYYY!!!

Thanks for coming back, Marty. A nice way to end the week.
  • Options
    luke52 said:

I have been called a Puppet Master. And my son is a Puppet. So - you add it up. :)
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210

Okay... now that that jerk Mike is off the show I can come back. ;)

Heh.

Seriously, what the deuce?
    I get out of the loop for a couple months* and all hell breaks loose? Oy.
    I've met Mike on a couple occasions, can't say I have a negative feeling about the fella.
    Well... if you discount he's a fan of Mike Deodato... but I digress. Heh.

This is Bryan's baby after all. It's his to powder, diaper and discipline.
    He can show us the baby photos and he can listen to suggestions on how to raise his kid.
    In the end, it's his crotchfruit. It's his call.
    He doesn't owe an explanation to me or any other listener... and I've been listening as long as anyone here.
    I'm sure all the sordid details will come to light, they most always do.
    If his parenting style bothers you, you can choose not to look at the baby pictures anymore.

That said, Hello everybody!

*12 months, if you're counting

I missed you you big lug, welcome back
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Holy Crap!
    I can't remember the last time there was this much activity on the forums! This thread is on fire... with active participation by both Rios AND Marty. feels like 2009 all over again.
    niiiiiicccce.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited October 2012
    Peter said:

luke52 said:

I have been called a Puppet Master. And my son is a Puppet. So - you add it up. :)
    Didn't know you were bald. Knew you were evil, though!

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    <
    Gargoyle said:

random73 said:

no, i read it right. there are a lot of rhetocial tools used in there but never a clear statement. This is not true this person doesn't exist. would be an example. you can smugly imply that i am dim all you want but it still doesn't invalidate anything i have said.

Peter can speak for himself but I don't think he was trying to be rude or smug. It's simply that John does exist, he's been at all the Super Shows and has been supporting the show in one way, shape or form since Kevin was a regular. Pete's probably just assuming you knew this.
    If you think Peter isn't smug you clearly aren't following along.
    Hex said:

Holy Crap!
    I can't remember the last time there was this much activity on the forums! This thread is on fire... with active participation by both Rios AND Marty. feels like 2009 all over again.
    niiiiiicccce.

you're welcome.

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Hex said:

Holy Crap!
    niiiiiicccce.

It's a ratings stunt!
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Hex said:

Holy Crap!
    niiiiiicccce.

How long until we revert back to puppet avatars?

Marty, its great to have you back. The community was lacking a certain je ne sais quoi without you.

M