Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The LEGO Thread - Brickheads Unite!

For those who wished to discuss LEGO and LEGO-related topics

1) Avengers: http://thecomicforums.com/discussion/210/legos-the-avengers#Item_11

Feel free to add more!

I am slowly getting back into this as my children begin to grow up, I feel like this hobby is something we could do together.

Comments

• WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I'm really enjoying the collectible minifigs. Each series is better than the one before.

Not crazy about the blind packaging, though. I just broke down and bought a Minotaur, rather than end up with another half-dozen Sk8r Grrrls.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    I'm really enjoying the collectible minifigs. Each series is better than the one before.

Not crazy about the blind packaging, though. I just broke down and bought a Minotaur, rather than end up with another half-dozen Sk8r Grrrls.
    The skater girl and the mechanic. ughhhh I've got like 30 of them.
    The skater girl and the mechanic. ughhhh I've got like 30 of them.
    Can you really have too much Elvis hair?
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Wife and I are those annoying people in the store "feeling up" the individual packets while you wait. :) Remember, when you get doubles, that's what kit-bashing is for...
    Wife and I are those annoying people in the store "feeling up" the individual packets while you wait. :) Remember, when you get doubles, that's what kit-bashing is for...
    I've had little luck with that. All I can recognize is the Statue of Liberty.

The guy behind Poseidon looks like Will Farrell.
  • jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I'm looking forward to the time when my little girl is old enough to play with legos. Right now they are just a choking hazard.
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946

The guy behind Poseidon looks like Will Farrell.
    There we go, minifigs inspired by the many characters of Will Farrell. Ashley Schaeffer, ron Burgundy, Allen Gamble, Rick Marshal, Brennan Huff, Jackie Moon, Ricky Bobby.....I know what my son and I are working on this weekend.
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I tend to root around in the store trying to feel who's in the packages, too, but honestly, if you're looking for someone specific, BrickLink is the way to go. Which reminds me, I need to get off my ass and order the Wind-Up robot from somebody already.

This next assortment doesn't have a lot that excites me, but the Aztec dude in the back, the female Viking, the armored space guy, and the Scotsman are all pretty rad. And the nerdy guy in the second row just made it a lot easier to make a Jimmy Olsen to go with the DC minifigs!
    @LibraryBoy, I'd never been to BrinkLink before. Wow.
  • Stupid Question #1:

How important is the starter set? You know the one that everyone had and built with before all these collectible sets came out. Should I start there?
  • Is there a way to buy cheap mini-figures? I wouldn't mind getting some but they seem so expensive.
  • brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    If anybody has any extras of the pink space girl, I would definitely buy one from you.

Bry
    @brydeemer, I've got a spare PSG. Are you coming to Heroes this year?
    @brydeemer, I've got a spare PSG. Are you coming to Heroes this year?
    Probably not. It's only a few weeks after we move. I won't have any spare cash or time to make the trip.

Bry

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    edited April 2012
    @brydeemer

Bryan,
    I would check bricklink to get it there. I haven't priced them out, but she shouldn't be very expensive.
    For those unfamiliar with bricklink it's a giant online-worldwide flea market for Legos. It has a rating system like amazon/ebay so you can check out the stores before you buy (you can also filter out foriegn countries which is how I buy). I've used it a number of times when I wanted to find special peices. It really works well when you want to find a certain piece or minifigure. If you want a basic lego piece I would recommend using lego.com's pick a brick section.
    I use bricklink all the time.

I just figured I'd use the power of the CGS community before I started handing money to strangers.

Bry
    I use bricklink all the time.

I just figured I'd use the power of the CGS community before I started handing money to strangers.

Bry
    If Pants or Murd or whoever else are coming down, I can send her to you via them.

Or I could even (gasp) mail it.

(although mailing is a total pain now that my local PO has had its hours cut. I've had a Starman figure for Matt Kramer for months now that I have yet to ship.)
    If anybody has any extras of the pink space girl, I would definitely buy one from you.

Bry
    We've been looking for her, too. In fact, she's the one of the only girl minifigs my son has ever expressed interest in getting (the other being the Statue of Liberty). Usually the girl figs get the eyeroll and the complaint that he didn't get a good one.
    @LibraryBoy, That's odd. Out of maybe 18 packs, I've gotten three of her, three robots, three space aliens & three sk8r grrrls.
    We've gotten skater girl, minotaur, genie, highland warrior, leprechaun, mechanic, and butcher. No repeats yet, but we'll see how the Easter Bunny did in picking out packs for the kiddo's Easter basket this weekend.
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited April 2012
    Legos are so much cooler now. Where was half this stuff when I was a kid!

>.>

Not that I want any now.

Really.
  • MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    Wife and I are those annoying people in the store "feeling up" the individual packets...
    I've had little luck with that. All I can recognize is the Statue of Liberty.

Best quote on quote action to date on the new boards....
    The new Marvel sets are up for order on the Lego site so they'll probably be coming to a store shelf near you soon...
  • *sigh* I haven't been able to find anyone in my area even selling the most recent series of minifigs.
    Target should have Series 6.

Series 7 isn't out yet AFAIK.
    Picked up the smallest of the Marvel sets for my son, the Captain America motorcycle one, and honestly, it's a pretty weak build for $12.99, especially since you only get 3 minifigures (2 of which are identical alien/Loki minions/whatever they are), a bike, a little flying thing that looks like Serpentor's air chariot, and a gun mount thing. He's happy with it, though, which is the important thing, I guess.
    We had us a Marvel Avengers Lego party this weekend -

Captain America set - like Library Boy said this is the weakest of the bunch but I love it for no other reason than the Captain America minifig that comes with it. Worth the price of the box alone if you're a minifig geek.

Helicopter set - again if you like minifigs you're buying this for Deadpool (and it's worth it), but you also get Wolvie and Magneto. The helicopter is a fun build as well. I made it the "enemy" craft for Loki to use since the other sets come with SHIELD vehicles.

The Shield base set - The base is fun but not nearly as cool as the Batcave one. Still, you get Hulk, another Loki, Thor, and Hawkeye. Plus a cool smaller plane to fly around.

The Helicarrier - Mother.Of.God. For the first time in a long time I think Lego has underpriced something. Yes this is a $70-80 set, but the thing is HUGE and will take you and your kid a LONG time to put together. And it looks AWESOME when it's complete! Plus you get a Black Widow and Iron Man figure (plus another Thor). How stupid cool is this set? When I finally finished it, and my wife was out of the house, I was flying the damn thing around the different rooms like I was 10 years old again. :) BUY THIS ONE! You won't be disappointed.