Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Map for Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

Heard they are ending one of my favorite books, Frankenstein Agent of SHADE, at issue #16 and figured it would make a neat bind. Anyone have any map ideas? I know there is a crossover in O.M.A.C. #5 and it I add #0 and the 3 issues from Flashpoint it would be a perfect size at 21 issues. Am I missing anything? I know there was a Seven Soldiers Frankenstein but I never read it. Does it fit with the Agent of SHADE character? Are their any other crossover issues?

So far I am thinking the map goes #0, Flashpoint Frankenstein #1-#3, than issues #1-#5, O.M.A.C. #5, than issues #6-#16.

Any disagreement?

Comments

• The Flashpoint Frankenstein is basically the Seven Soldiers Frankenstein. It’s been a while since I read Seven Soldiers, so there may have been a few minor tweaks to his history, but the character design and personality, as well as the story tone, is pretty consistent.
  • There was also a Men At War issue with a Frankenstein story in it, plus he's currently appearing in Justice League Dark.

The Seven Soldiers' mini-series doesn't really connect since it was pre-Flashpoint; the character seems pretty much the same, but his mini connected more directly with the Seven Soldiers storyline, so I'd bind those together rather than insert it into the current series.
  • What do you mean by "his mini connected more with the 7 Soldiers", Chuck? Do you mean the #0? Is the JL Dark issues connected to the main Frankenstein book like OMAC #5 did or is it independent of the storyline? I quit JL dark after 4 or 5.
  • FoneBone said:

What do you mean by "his mini connected more with the 7 Soldiers", Chuck? Do you mean the #0? Is the JL Dark issues connected to the main Frankenstein book like OMAC #5 did or is it independent of the storyline? I quit JL dark after 4 or 5.

I was referring to the original Seven Soldiers/ Frankenstein mini-series that was part of the Seven Soldiers story arc, written by Grant Morrison. It's pre-Flashpoint and stands either as a stand-alone story or as a part of that overall Seven Soldiers story, but wouldn't really be a good fit (IMO) with a binding of the current series. Unless, of course, you're a completist and simply want to bind all of his books together, regardless.

Frankie appears in the recent Justice League Dark Annual and is drafted into the team by Constantine, probably for the duration of the Books Of Magic story arc. (As are Amethyst and Tim Hunter.) It's not a direct crossover with his own book, but, given that his own book has been cancelled, it's likely to be the only place to see him for awhile. You may or may not want to add those to the set.

The Men At War story was set in WWII, predating his current appearances.
  • Thanks. I am thinking of starting with #1 or #0 of the main series and putting flashpoint in the back so I might also put the mini and the other issues at the back as well if it doesnt get to heavy for a single bind.