Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• Hey I'm Greg. I'm 29 from Perth in Scotland. Only been listening for about a year but thought it was about time I got my ass on to the forum.

1. I used be in the British Army. I didn't meet a lot of people who read comics.
    2. My favourite run is Morrisons New X-Men. I recommend it to everyone who tells me they love to read comics.
    3. I am a graphic designer. Weirdly I meet a lot of people who say they read comics, but don't.

• JDickJDick Posts: 206
    I am J. from Pittsburgh. Killtaker on the old forums. I believe I have been listening since I was trying to get back into comics around Civil War time...several years now. I mostly read stuff in trade. Love the podcast.
  • Hi! I'm Frank from Staten Island, NY. CGS listener for 4 years now.

1. Former Korean linguist in the U.S. Navy
    2. I'm a huge Liefeld fan
    3. Texas hold'em dealer in Atlantic City
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Hi! I'm Frank from Staten Island, NY. CGS listener for 4 years now.

1. Former Korean linguist in the U.S. Navy
    2. I'm a huge Liefeld fan
    3. Texas hold'em dealer in Atlantic City
    Unless you're a Korean speaking, double-sixpacked, professional poker player, I just can't tell lie from truth.......

• Hi I am Jeremy! Been listening since episode 150! Met the guys a few times, super nice people! I even sent Pants an action figure once, and the thrill of my life was when Peter (sigh) said my name on the show when i sent him my extra copy of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1 to help him out! (all true stories)

-My favorite hero will always be Spider-Man.
    -I am expecting my first child in oh about ...........65 days and can't wait!
    -I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of fresh mahogany.
  • Lol John. I'll tell ya this; #1 is true.
  • Hi I am Jeremy! Been listening since episode 150! Met the guys a few times, super nice people! I even sent Pants an action figure once, and the thrill of my life was when Peter (sigh) said my name on the show when i sent him my extra copy of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1 to help him out! (all true stories)

-My favorite hero will always be Spider-Man.
    -I am expecting my first child in oh about ...........65 days and can't wait!
    -I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of fresh mahogany.
    Expecting a child (Congrats!) and yet the apt smells of mahogany?! LIAR! With just two months to go, you should be up to your armpits in baby powder, wipes, diapers. Remember to stock up on sleep now, cuz later you won't.
    Lol John. I'll tell ya this; #1 is true.
    shingihan!
  • I'm Matt,been a fan since 2008.I've been reading comics since I was 4,I'm 27 now.My favorite comic is X-Men and I'm trying to get a complete run of Uncanny,I have every issue from 125 to now.
    Two truths and lie
    1. My favorite character is Dazzler
    2. I got to be in the audience for two of my favorite tv shows
    3. I have a Star Trek tattoo
  • I'm Matt,been a fan since 2008.I've been reading comics since I was 4,I'm 27 now.My favorite comic is X-Men and I'm trying to get a complete run of Uncanny,I have every issue from 125 to now.
    Two truths and lie
    1. My favorite character is Dazzler
    2. I got to be in the audience for two of my favorite tv shows
    3. I have a Star Trek tattoo
    Double geek points if you tattooed the ST:TNG comm where it would be on your chest, then you would always be in contact with the bridge.
    (minus 2points if it's a portrait of Neelix)
  • (minus 2points if it's a portrait of Neelix)
    Please turn in your geek card if its Kes kissing Harry... :-&
  • No geek points,the tat was the lie
  • Hi I'm Jon and I've been listening to CGS since the 400s but haven't been involved in the forums before.

I especially like the Time Bubble and the Crisis Tapes and the highlight of my trip to Super Show last year was meeting Adam in person while digging through Wild Pig bins. Getting to talk to the pilot of the Time Bubble as he was adding to adding to his incredible backlog of comics was great fun.

I am a stay at home dad who has many hours to listen to CGS every week, and hopefully my toddler son with someday have a magical savant like knowledge of comics.

1. Thanks to Fisher-Price my not yet 2 year old son already knows who Superman, Batman, and Green Latern are and can identify them in multiple mediums.

2. Suicide Squad is one of my favorite books/concept but I loathe the current incarnation.

3. I'm Batman
  • How
    Hi I'm Jon and I've been listening to CGS since the 400s but haven't been involved in the forums before.

I especially like the Time Bubble and the Crisis Tapes and the highlight of my trip to Super Show last year was meeting Adam in person while digging through Wild Pig bins. Getting to talk to the pilot of the Time Bubble as he was adding to adding to his incredible backlog of comics was great fun.

I am a stay at home dad who has many hours to listen to CGS every week, and hopefully my toddler son with someday have a magical savant like knowledge of comics.

1. Thanks to Fisher-Price my not yet 2 year old son already knows who Superman, Batman, and Green Latern are and can identify them in multiple mediums.

2. Suicide Squad is one of my favorite books/concept but I loathe the current incarnation.

3. I'm Batman
    How does your young son handle the scary voice of your alter ego? I am sure he gets lost in the Manison from time to time. At least Alfred is there to lend a hand. Or is it maybe you have a Aunt Harriet to help the young lad?
    @Floyd_Lawton have transfered the money to the offshore account as agreed - target has arrived - go ahead with the job -

*******(this message will self-delete in......)********
  • You mean to tell me that the Wall goes around the ol' interwebs as @John_Steed? Tricky..
  • @electric_mayhem don't even get me started about the time he got in the Batmobile and disengaged the parking brake.

@John_Steed target has been abrogated.

Hope I'm using the at thing correctly.
  • Hey
    First time forum user!!!
    Name's bill
    Gotta a wife a boy and another child on the way!!!!:)
    Just started listening to csg for the past 3 months and love it!
    I've listened to a bunch of old podcast.
    Great stuff.
    Now the game
    1.i have a friend who just turned 50 and refuses to see any of the Star Wars movies including the originals!!!
    2.ive met the cast of phantom of the paradise movie from the '70's.
    3.I've met Metallica twice through radio contests.
  • Hi!

I'm Shane, 27, from N.Ireland and I'm a long-time listener of the show and life-long comics fan. I don't distinguish between companies or book, general rule is, if it's good, I'll give it a go ;)

1- I've never seen the film Alien the whole way through despite seeing the sequels numerous times and counting Aliens amongst my top 10 favourite movies
    2- I have a first edition copy of the Walking Dead omnibus vol1 signed by Charlie Adlard which I have been trying to sell for a long time since switching to normal HCs but can never off-load it
    3- I have a dog I named Lawton after the character Deadshot because as a puppy he had the uncanny ability to projectile pee onto guests in my house :/
  • I'm Marc. From Newtownards, Northern Ireland.

1. Have only been reading comics for around a year.

2. I got into them after making fun of a friend at work about his love of comics. He gave me a copy of Batman Hush to read and I became a convert.

3. I'm Spartacus
  • RobAndersonRobAnderson Posts: 553
    My name is Rob Anderson and I'm a comic book writer. Finally got signed up for the new forums. (Things have been a little hectic lately because my first book in comic shops, "Rex, Zombie Killer," hits the stands on 5/2.) I'm a long-time listener -- been listening since before Ep. 83 sometime!

In my day job, I'm General Manager of Andy Schmidt's Comics Experience (which offers courses on creating comics and an online creators community called the Creators Workshop).

Glad to be "back" in the new, new forums!

2 Truths & A Lie

1. I once appeared as an extra in a restaurant scene in the movie "Father's Day" (starring Billy Crystal & Robin Williams).
    2. Kelsey Grammer ("Frasier") once came up to my table in a restaurant and chatted.
    3. I once played with two baby bears without getting eaten.

2 Truths & A Lie

1. I once appeared as an extra in a restaurant scene in the movie "Father's Day" (starring Billy Crystal & Robin Williams).
    2. Kelsey Grammer ("Frasier") once came up to my table in a restaurant and chatted.
    3. I once played with two baby bears without getting eaten.
    I believe you have mistaken Billy Crystal and Robin Williams as being baby bears - they both have that puppy like facial expression and are quite hairy.......

• DerroldDerrold Posts: 11
    Hi all! I'm Derry from South East England and i started listening to the show when i saw that the guys would be at the London super comic con (came to say hello to you guys!) and so far am loving it! love just listening to random episodes and immersing myself in comic goodness!
    My truths and a lie:
    1. I love John Romita Jr's art
    2. I am a big fan of marvels ultimate lines
    3. I buy way too many comics...but i love it!

(p.s only one of those was true!)
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    @Zhurrie, that's crazy. NOBODY has every issue of Savage Dragon.
    ha ha ha
    NOBODY... except me! Not even Erik Larsen has them all!
    But I'll trade 'em to Zhurrie for the Hawaiian Tropics model.
  • bendoc55bendoc55 Posts: 14
    Hi, my names Ben. I live in Canada and I`m a born again comic junkie after 15 years clean. CGS was my gateway drug. I love the concept of having these geek pseudo-friends from the CGS community, as my life is otherwise pretty well geek free.

2 truths and a lie:

1)I`m a physician
    2)I finished the UK TOUGH GUY race in January, and trained the entire time listening to CGS.
    3)In regards to the accusations, I say we let the courts decide.

Cheers

2 truths and a lie:

1)I`m a physician
    2)I finished the UK TOUGH GUY race in January, and trained the entire time listening to CGS.
    3)In regards to the accusations, I say we let the courts decide.

In order to survive the UK TOUGH GUY you got to be at least half of a PHYSICIAN - so 1+2 are truths. But then...what hideous crimes are you being accused of....

:-?
  • bendoc55bendoc55 Posts: 14
    ....I thought those types of things weren't illegal in Mexico.
  • demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    ok...re-introductions then!

my name's Dennis Lopez. I'm from Manila. i first got into comics around 20+ years ago. the exact comic i don't really remember, but it's a toss-up between an old Thor issue (featuring firestorm) or a Hulk annual (featuring the inhumans). from there, i remember reading a bunch of Archie's and Peanuts. then i discovered the X-Men. THAT i remember, issue 210. Mutant Massacre. great, great cover.

been hooked ever since, stuck through thick and thin and the early 90s (still can't believe i got that many Image books!)

Been listening to CGS since 2005, to while away long drives and take a breather from studying for my Physician Board Exams. now, i'm a full-fledged anesthesiologist, still into (way too much, my wife would say!) comics.

Demonbear? yup, it's from the old New Mutants arc by Claremont & Sienkiewicz...

2 truths and a lie?
    1. if i wasn't a doctor, i'd be working my ass off trying to get into comics
    2. i absolutely can't stand Rob Liefeld!
    3. i AM Rob Liefeld!
  • Hi all! I'm Ming from San Francisco. As long as I can remember I always had an interest in comics and although I can't exactly remember the first issue it was probably an Spider-Man comic that my parents brought me because I was familiar with the Spider-Man cartoon from the 90's. I have always been a Marvel fan but got turned on to DC and others through the DC animated cartoons and movie and other media.

2 Truths and a lie:

1)The first time I got drunk was when I was 5.
    2)Robin Williams and Danny Devito once visited my family's restaurant
    3)As a youngster I thought that Stan Lee yelled Alka Seltzer instead of Excelsior because to me only old people took alka seltzer.