Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    @ksouthcomb : meeting Stan Lee is nice - but there are better wedding gifts.... :D
    also, I'd like to learn more about 2+3
  • Options
    SpiderTazSpiderTaz Posts: 3
    Hi, my name is John, and I've been listening to the CGS podcast since 2009. Just joined the forums, though. As for my three things:

1. I'm a published comic book writer.
    2. I once saw a tree jump off its stump and land on the ground, upright, standing, and had to be pushed over to get it to fall.
    3. Neil Gaiman and I sat beside each other on a flight and spoke about comics.
  • Options
    BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    Hey there. My name is Dave. I'm a longtime CGS podcast fan, but this is only my second post. I've been reading and collecting comics since the mid-1970s. My favorite character is Superman and my favorite grain (these days) is bulgur. Bloodtype: AB+. Now onto the topic at hand, two truths and one lie, though not necessarily in that order:

1. I was "Punk'd."
    2. I discovered an ancient Roman artifact while on vacation in Croatia.
    3. I've almost died in not one but two major car accidents.
  • Options
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 31
    Lies Lies all Lies
    CrazyBraydon12 - no one "lives" in Canada
    judishaver - we all read comics cool guy
    ksouthcomb - No way you yelled at Virgil and lived to tell about it.
    SpiderTaz - Everyone knows Neil Gaiman turns into a bat when he flies.
    BionicDave - That second car crash barely dented your fender.
  • Options
    BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    jmoney said:

Lies Lies all Lies...
    BionicDave - That second car crash barely dented your fender.

Well, you're right, but you're wrong. That second car accident *melted* my fender...
    A fuel leak lit my '72 Porsche 911T ablaze while I was stopped at a red light; by the time I grabbed my gym bag and jumped out the door, half my car was engulfed in flames - and by the time I made it to the sidewalk, it was literally exploding. A word of advice to those in similar situations? Remember to turn your engine off before abandoning your car, otherwise the fuel injector keeps pumping gas into the engine... thus feeding your inferno. :(

So guess again, jmoney. My #3 was a truth!

(P.S. My FIRST major car accident was flipping a convertible Saab - rolled twice - while joyriding with friends in high school. Luckily I was wearing a seat belt, and I escaped with just a couple of cracked ribs and assorted cuts/bruises. The most painful part was having to call my parents from the Tarzana Med Center E.R. at 1:30am, lol)
  • Options
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 31
    Like I said that bowl was Greek not Roman.
  • Options
    X_DaneX_Dane Posts: 8
    Hello Fellow Geeks

My Names Michael I'm from Denmark, I have been reading Comics all my life, but started with American comics the day i turned 18 (2003) and got a credit card.
    Today i own around 8000 American comics.

I have been listening to the podcast for couple years now, just never got around to joining the forum.

Two truths and a lie:

1. I'm a Marvel Zombie at heart, but read a lot of other stuff too.

2. I have read over 10000 comics.

3. I believe someday the general population wont think comics are just for kids.

If anyone's from Denmark/Scandinavia let me know, i know maybe 2 people real life who read comics.
  • Options
    Hi all. I am a book and comic book reader and pop culture enthusiast. I would love to discuss with others who love to read a good story and appreciate great art.
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Abi.
    I'm twenty three, live in Bristol UK and work as a retail monkey.
    I have only been listening to CGS for about six months now but I have a lot of time to fill so I have been dipping in and out the archives like a nerdy dolphin and enjoying every minute of it. The Crisis tapes are a personal favourite, Murd (much like the rest of the CGS crew) is knowledgeable and a joy to listen to but we seem to have extraordinarily similar tastes which sparked a great deal of interest, especially when he exposits tid bits that I didn't know on characters and series I love.
    My personal favourite series on my pulls list include The Goon(I wish this hiatus was over already), Saga, Invincible, Manhattan Project, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, My Little Pony, Sixth Gun, Thor God of Thunder and well, many, many more.

As for the game=
    - I have Adventures into Fear #19 and Tales of Suspense #94 framed my wall.
    - I am transgender.
    - I once shook hands with Colin Baker at a local Waterstones book store.

• Options

As for the game=
    - I have Adventures into Fear #19 and Tales of Suspense #94 framed my wall.
    - I am transgender.
    - I once shook hands with Colin Baker at a local Waterstones book store.

First appearances of Howard the Duck and... M.O.D.O.K., it seems? (Had to look that one up...) Wall-worthy selections, both!

I'm going to guess that Statement #3 is the lie. Did you, perhaps, encounter a different Doctor at Waterstones and substitute Mr. Baker's name for the sake of the game?

• Options

First appearances of Howard the Duck and... M.O.D.O.K., it seems? (Had to look that one up...) Wall-worthy selections, both!

I'm going to guess that Statement #3 is the lie. Did you, perhaps, encounter a different Doctor at Waterstones and substitute Mr. Baker's name for the sake of the game?

Yes, Mr. Baker appeared at a local Waterstones but I never actually met him, well done. ^^
  • Options
    jkuzeejkuzee Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    Hello,

My name is Jim Kuzee, and I've been listening to CGS since the "Footnotes on the Watchman" episodes, a few years ago, now. I've listened to every episode since, and gone back to listen to some of the older ones, mostly the interviews. There are a lot of comic book and geek culture podcasts out there, but you guys have something very special.

I've not posted to the boards before, but I've been wanting to interact a little more with you guys for a while now. I'm an older fan, I'm 57, and was growing up right along with Marvel comics back in the 60's, so that's my particular area of interest (if someone had told me back then that I would ever live to see an Avengers movie made, I'd have thought they were crazy), but I also enjoy some of today's stuff, and like to keep my ear to the ground about what's happening in the biz.

So, introduction over, here's my two truths and a lie:

1. I had an illustration of mine appear in "Savage Sword of Conan" #40.
    2. I worked with a salesman at my company who had a part (as a lawyer) in the Tom Cruise movie, "The Firm".
    3. In one of my life drawing art classes, we had Linda Carter as the model, long before she starred as Wonder Woman.
  • Options
    I've been a fan of CGS for the last 4 years. I have been doing night shifts for the better part of that 4 years and the podcast has been an absolute life saver in those wee hours. When I'm not working ungodly hours and going to school, I customize action figures and color (yes, in coloring books -- i don't know why, I just do). I'm loving the current line-up of hosts right now. They are all good, but like a fan of team books, people are going to have their favorite line-ups.

1: I've never been to a convention of any kind in my entire 38 years of life, though I've lived in many major cities.

2: I was on the Real World during one of the earlier seasons.

3: I go into an uncontrolled temper/rage if mayo is put on my food, but yet I can't have a tuna sandwich without it.
  • Options
    I go by my middle name Kass. I started collecting comics in the early 90's. I'll never forget my excitement of buying the Age of Apocalypse storyline. I stopped collecting comics in 1998 or 1999. Then I bought an iPhone in 2007 and discovered the CGS podcast. I've been collecting off and on since then. Although I've listened to other comic podcasts the CGS podcast is my favorite. I just wish I could afford to buy more comics. One day I hope to make it to a SuperShow.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    All you newbs, welcome to the pleasure dome :D
  • Options
    I was a rockstar.
    I was the inspiration for a lead motion picture comic character.
    I like green vegetables.
  • Options
    Hey, found CGS when I was looking for a new comics podcast after the one I had been listening to became a bit stale and I love it. Been into comics my whole life but got serious in 2000 when I started college. And I joined the forums to complain about everything I disagree with,lol.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Adrian

- I nearly got into a fight with jack sparrow
    - I once slept in a dog kennel with a mate
    - I have a cave under my house

Hello all, new here. Read as much batman as possible and a huge image back catalogue..
  • Options
    4thman4thman Posts: 1
    Hi All, I'm Dan, and I'm a 30+ Canadian comic collector. I don't happen to remember what my first comic was...I somehow think it might have been a Batman promotional issue from Zellers that had the Dark Knight traveling across Canada...but I do remember I started collecting on that dark day when Superman died. I've been a listener for a while now and have been intending to join the forums for a while but never got around to it, but since I was lucky enough to win one of the recent Mid Town Comic variant covers I figured I ought to join up and at least express my thanks...so thanks CGS!

As for the 2 and 1 game...
    1.) I ate my first slice of pizza a month ago
    2.) I still have my TMNT costume from Halloween...when i was like 8
    3.) I've driven accross North America East to West and North to South...well the civilized parts anyways

I'm really looking forward to getting more involved here online, and it should go without saying but thanks for all the great hours of entertainment and keep up the good work guys.
  • Options
    My name is Alexander and I have been reading comics for about seven years. Been listening to the show since episode 500 onwards. Joined the forum to start a career in comic books.

1) I am currently watching The Wire
    2) I am going to buy some new comics today
    3) I have written seven comic books from start to finish.
    4thman said:

Hi All, I'm Dan, and I'm a 30+ Canadian comic collector. I don't happen to remember what my first comic was...I somehow think it might have been a Batman promotional issue from Zellers that had the Dark Knight traveling across Canada...but I do remember I started collecting on that dark day when Superman died. I've been a listener for a while now and have been intending to join the forums for a while but never got around to it, but since I was lucky enough to win one of the recent Mid Town Comic variant covers I figured I ought to join up and at least express my thanks...so thanks CGS!

As for the 2 and 1 game...
    1.) I ate my first slice of pizza a month ago
    2.) I still have my TMNT costume from Halloween...when i was like 8
    3.) I've driven accross North America East to West and North to South...well the civilized parts anyways

I'm really looking forward to getting more involved here online, and it should go without saying but thanks for all the great hours of entertainment and keep up the good work guys.

THE FIRST ONE HAS TO BE A LIE!
  • Options
    Joe just learning abut the comic world. Probably not going to any Comic Cons in the future but I do have over 700 good condition silver and golden era comics. It will take some time to sell them but I am learning a lot in the meantime. Most likely this will not be a one time event so I thought I would continuing my learning of comics.

I own a small tool shop in Big Bear and people ask me for help buying and selling. It seems comics are real popular. Hope to learn lots and maybe meet some interesting folks here.
  • Options
    I'm Drew and have been listening since episode 753. And I am a massive Nightwing nut.
    Here are my 2 truths and 1 lie.

~Batman Hush is my favorite Batman story
    ~I didn't like Superman Red Son
    ~I hate pop music
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited August 2013
    Hey everyone! I've been an avid CGS listener since May of this year. I've gone back and listened to every spotlight episode since they are my favorite and have started a quiet campaign for one on Marvel Cosmic.

Now onto the two truths and a lie...

1. I bought the TPB of DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths just so I could listen to the Crisis Tapes with @Peter Rios and @Adam_Murdough - hoping they'll eventually get around to the main issues themselves someday.
    2. I've successfully produced two independent tv series and even got a mention/blurb on Wikipedia because of it.
    3. I hate comic books.
  • Options
    KrossKross Posts: 3
    Hello. I live in Tokyo, Japan and I have been listening to the CGS podcast for about 2 years.

---I think Stan Lee and Jack Kirby get just the right amount of credit.

---Michael Keaton was my favorite Batman.

---I recently read a Manga about a Demon Queen who gets imprisoned into the testicle of a young man, and the title is "My Balls."
  • Options
    Hi, Im Doug from Binghamton NY. I have a cretor owned comic out on comixology. CGS is my jam! Here we go.

- my first comic was a Freebee Xmen I got at Pizza Hut when I was a kid.

- I have muddled the Murd on CGS.

- I watch the Avengers movie way too much.
  • Options
    Hello friends! I've been a listener of the CGS podcast for years yet I've never felt compelled to join the forums til now. Looking forward to reading all your posts :)

Two Truths and a Lie:

1) I'm a Blackfoot Indian, much like Wolverine's Silver Fox.
    2) I can sing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady" in Mandarin.
    3) I was in attendance for the worst wrestling pay-per-view in history.
  • Options
    Hey ya'll. My name is Mary. I am an artist and I love comic books. Batman is especially my all time fave but I can also read a lot of fantasy comics like Fable.

Two truths and a lie:

1. I have been a huge action figure collector, even buying many of the figurines made by Mcfarlene.
    2. Blink is my favorite character from X-Men.
    3. I never played the card game Vs. before although I heard it was astounding.
  • Options
    Hi I'm new here
  • Options
    Hey all, I'm Jon. I've been listening to the GCS podcast for about 4 months as I have recently gotten back into comics (forgot how much I loved them). So this along with my PC Gaming habit (World of Tanks, War Thunder, Rift, Neverwinter, GW2) my wife teases me about being a real closet geek. I love the space/super hero books-hence the user name.

1. I was in a punk rock band in the mid 80's
    2. I am a Trekkie
    3. My Oldest kid is 24 and the youngest is 4
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Hello to all the new people above me! Welcome!