Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1432 Talkback: A Farewell to Pants

Not a hoax, not a dream, not an imaginary tale -- Pants (a.k.a. Brian Christman) is leaving the podcast. Listen as he explains why he's leaving and we reminisce about the past and look towards the future of CGS. It's also one last chance to get in some jabs at Pants. (29:15)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    WTF!!!!! Will listen on way to work.
  • Options
    CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358
    Nooooo!

Great job, Mr Producer. Come back soon.
  • Options
    Thank you for all that you have done..
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to meet pants at fan expo and i came away with nothing but respect for the guy. the way he handled panels, the way he welcomed me to CGS table and put up with my yabba, and when asking him an original art question about how best to store it he just gave me a case for free and refused any kind of money offerings for it. Pants listening to you has been a thrill, you've grown so much over the course of the show. best of luck for the future and hope to hear you podcast again when your ready
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    CGS loses @pants?! Who will take up the mantle? Good luck and Godspeed sir! Your unique perspective, tireless efforts, and passion for all things "geek" will be sorely, SORELY missed. Cannot imagine the show without you.
  • Options
    I also had the opportunity to briefly meet Pants at the Seattle ECCC a couple of years ago. I'm sorry to hear that he's leaving; there's so much of his personality embedded in this podcast. I will definitely need to download and listen to this show later today.
  • Options
    Well, that's a sucky thing to see. Especially first thing Monday morning. I'll be back with comments after I listen to the show. :-O
  • Options
    brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    We will all miss him. He has done an amazing job. CGS would not be what it is without him.

And have no fear, we are rallying the troops and CGS will continue on.

Bry
  • Options
    Thanks Pants!!! On with the show.
  • Options
    Very sorry to see you go Brian. It was great meeting you at the last Super Show. I'm just five minutes in, and almost getting teary, but laughing too. You've done a great job recently as producer, and all your discussions over your whole time with the show.
  • Options
    I just finished the episode and I gotta say I really feel kinda empty inside. Pants, you've done a Fantaaastic job over the past couple of years since you stepped into the big chair. As others have pointed out, you have really grown over the years, and it's been very enjoyable to listen to. You've become quite the professional at everything. You will be missed very much. I hope that some time away and some good reading will refresh you and that maybe this is more of a "til we meet again" instead of a "goodbye." :( Best to you no matter what, and thanks for the memories.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    On Eternia, they don't say goodbye, they say "Good Journey."

Good Journey, my friend...and you better not be hiding my DKR DVDs!!!! :)

M
  • Options
    KoenKoen Posts: 11
    What the f%£$ After Bryan Deemer, Mike Gallagher, ... now Brian. Honestly, I will listen to the show today but based on the announcement my first reaction is :

• Options
    NNNNNNOOOOO !!! was our first reaction too! Pants has been my friend, my brother for 11 years now and will continue to be. I told him I support him, will miss him, and hopes he comes around now an then.

I said it before and will again, he has done a fantastic job. One we cannot duplicate though I hope to honor him him by what we do next, the show will go on as it always does. I will just need to start having get togethers again to see my friend Pants!
  • Options
    Pants, you've help the show through a few big transitions, and have done an excellent job. Thank you for all of the work you did and the entertainment you've given us. And don't be a stranger!
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    @Pants - Thank you for all the hard work you've put into the show, job well done. I feel especially lucky now for the few chances I've had to chat with you at C2E2, hope to see you there walking the aisles next year. Best wishes, you'll be greatly missed.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Adios, O Betrouser'd One!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited October 2013
    Pants! I'm sorry to hear you're stepping away. You've done an amazing job and you'll be missed. :((

If I could..I'd repeatedly click the "dislike" button! ;)
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Thank you Brian for the hours of fun content. All good things must end. Wish you all the best. Ciao.
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    Pants: you will be missed. Thanks for all the hours of entertainment.
  • Options
    mrfusionmrfusion Posts: 186
    It's been great to see Pants expand his horizons over these last few years.
    I agree with everyone else here when they say Great Job producing the show! I wasn't sure if the show was going to last after Peter left, but Pants jump right in there, picked up the ball and kept it going. It will be interesting to see who steps up to take his place.

I'll miss you Pants, please drop in on a show from time to time.
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    I really hope you guys are looking for a replacement. I've seen so many times when a host leaves a podcast and the others try to continue on, but then they start missing scheduled shows, then they start with the "we're coming back!" stuff, then they finally acknowledge that the drive is gone and the show ends. Seen it happen multiple times.

You really need someone with Pants' energy to be part of the show. Nothing against the other guys, but having someone like that makes everyone else on the show more invested in what they are doing, makes them get excited, etc. I'd truly be devastated if CGS went away, there aren't any other comics podcasts that compare in my opinion.

Can some people suggest other comic podcasts?
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Well done, young man! I hope you'll still make the occasional Denver Comic Con?
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    Wow...that was totally unexpected! Well I'm sure we haven't seen the last of PANTS!! (Insert Pants laugh here...) I echo everyone's sentiments, Pants you've helped usher in a new age of CGS. You will be missed...and if you ever want to talk Marvel NOW X-Men or Avengers you know you've got a spot a on our Podcast.

And the reverse goes for CGS, if you ever need someone to jump on an episode I'm always here to lend a hand.

mphil said:

Can some people suggest other comic podcasts?

My Podcast Network consists of:

Avengers
    Deadpool
    X-Men

• Options
    abuddahabuddah Posts: 133
    I have to concur with Mr. Phil. I remember the Peter farewell episode (which was sans Peter) and all these plans and spinoffs were suggested with few coming to fruition. And we're starting this one by announcing less shows. And please, I write this out of love for the show and respect the hundreds of hours of shows that have been produced. I think Chris E. and Bryan's relative are great ideas. Move from the JLA to the JLU, have many geeks in reserve in case life intervenes. Also how about bringing in the audience the way you used to? Give the show a better sense of community and to show you how much support is out there on a weekly basis rather than only experiencing it at cons. One of the best episodes in recent memory was Riding the Storm out because it was a free flowing discussion with as many voices as possible. Have you considered one 2.5-3 hour show a week akin to this? With Brian gone, I assume there'll be less "looking forward to 'X' convention"? I think that's wise, most of us know how to prep for a con and it isn't much fun to hear about a show you can't attend. Also a request to bring back Book of the Month. That's all I have for now. Again, thanks to you all, just trying to provide some listener feedback in this time of transition.
  • Options
    Rod28Rod28 Posts: 63
    Later Pants! You will be missed. It was great to meet you this year at Heroes. Hopefully I didn't chatter to long about Doctor Who.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the work Pants. After the losses of Peter and Bryan, you stepped up and kept the show going when it easily could've fallen by the wayside. Good luck in all future endeavors and I look forward to your return to podcasting a year from now on The Daily Pants. ;)
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Wow, you could've knocked me over with a feather when I read the episode title.

@Pants, I've only met you in person a couple of times, but you're a great guy (and you were good to my kid, and that goes a long way with me), you've done a faaaaantastic job with the show, and your contributions will be missed. Thanks.

With that, I bid you adieu in a manner I know you'll appreciate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-h16TwRDo
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Pants you did a great job and you will be missed. Be good and don't drive your mom insane. I'm personally going to miss you at the helm. "Good Journey" Brian.

As a suggestion could you get Mama Pants and Papa D as regulars on the show as replacements? That would be pretty awesome. I would love to hear Papa D on.