Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

99¢/Discounted comiXology SALES!

Comments

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    fredzilla said:

I'm probably going to pick up all of those WW issues. I got the first volume trade and loved it.

same here

3:-O
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    kgforce said:

Is SPACEMAN worth getting? Looks kind of interesting.

It does! Every issue but the first has four stars, so how could you go wrong?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    12 Days of FREE Comics - (Each issue is only available for 24 hours so grab it while you can!)

Day 1: Batman (2011-) #23 - beginning of "Death of the Family" story arc.
    Day 2: Lazarus #1 (Rucka & Lark)
    Day 3: Red Sonja #1 (Gail Simone)
    Day 4: Judge Dredd #1 (IDW)
    Day 5: Revival #1
    Day 6: My Little Pony: Micro Series - Twilight Sparkle #1 (psst... @Torchsong & @Adam_Murdough!)
    Day 7: The Bunker #1
    Day 8: Hawkeye #1 (Fraction & Aja)
    Day 9: Quantum & Woody #1 (New Valiant)

Day 10: Motorcycle Samurai #0
    Day 11:
    Day 12:
  • Options
    The first 4 issues of the Eisner Award-winning cult-crime series Stray Bullets for FREE

comixology
  • Options
    upcoming CGS Book of the Month selection is on sale :
    The Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes
  • Options

upcoming CGS Book of the Month selection is on sale :
    The Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes

Thanks!
    And FYI, it's also available at Amazon and you can get a free sample.
  • Options

12 Days of FREE Comics - (Each issue is only available for 24 hours so grab it while you can! ENDS DECEMBER 20!)

Day 1: Batman (2011-) #23 - beginning of "Death of the Family" story arc.
    Day 2: Lazarus #1 (Rucka & Lark)
    Day 3: Red Sonja #1 (Gail Simone)
    Day 4: Judge Dredd #1 (IDW)
    Day 5: Revival #1
    Day 6: My Little Pony: Micro Series - Twilight Sparkle #1 (psst... @Torchsong & @Adam_Murdough!)
    Day 7: The Bunker #1
    Day 8: Hawkeye #1 (Fraction & Aja)
    Day 9: Quantum & Woody #1 (New Valiant)
    Day 10: Motorcycle Samurai #0
    Day 11: Sandman #1

Day 12: Marvel NOW! Point One #1
  • Options
    FOR FREE---FOR FREE---FOR FREE
    Motorcycle Samurai: A Very White Bolt Christmas
    On one dark and blustery night, the townspeople of Nowhere, nestled all snug in their beds, dream of soft fluffy things wrapped in bows. In this strange land, The Stranger, dressed all in red, comes calling with eight tiny minions in tow, The Stranger swoops to the rooftops, and readies to descend down the stove-pipes.
    But White Bolt, awake and at the ready, is perched to say, 'Howdy'.
    In the vein as the holiday specials of childhood, Chris Sheridan, Top Shelf, and ComiXology bring you this amazing Guided View Native title just in time for a long winter's solstice in the high desert.
    FOR FREE---FOR FREE---FOR FREE
    Motorcycle Samurai: A Very White Bolt Christmas

• Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    I bought myself an itunes $50 giftcard for $40 over the holidays!!! Which one of these Marvel Now books are worth picking up??

I got Uncanny Avengers and All New X-Men so far.

I already asked Comixology about selling discounted gift cards, coz I'd rather give comixology the money directly, than letting Apple take 30% cut!!! They said they are looking into it.
  • Options
    Nova was good!
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

I bought myself an itunes $50 giftcard for $40 over the holidays!!! Which one of these Marvel Now books are worth picking up??

I got Uncanny Avengers and All New X-Men so far.

I already asked Comixology about selling discounted gift cards, coz I'd rather give comixology the money directly, than letting Apple take 30% cut!!! They said they are looking into it.

Uncanny Avengers - I've only read the first issue, but I bought the others in this sale. I've read the first issue and the cliffhanger at the end was enough for me to see where it goes.

Superior Spider-Man - I've been collecting the floppies of this and love it. I get why people are upset about Doc Ock as SSM, but these are some fun stories. Ock won't be SM forever so I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Thor: God of Thunder - setting up big things for the God of Thunder. Epic arc.

Indestructible Hulk - One of the more intriguing concepts within Marvel NOW. Bruce Banner is on the lam, but he makes a deal with S.H.I.E.L.D. that allows him to exercise his science muscles in exchange for the Hulk's help on special missions.

Avengers Arena - I've only picked up the first couple of issues, but it seems interesting. It's very Hunger Games in it's plot--that is the first two issues are.

FF - Only have issues 1 and 2, but it's a lot of fun.
  • Options

Note: This sale is only for the website and doesn't work via the iOS or Android app (unless you know how to get it to work in the app, I'd like to know!).
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Just saw this on Bleeding Cool:

Watchmen: The Deluxe Edition for Kindle $4.99 (448 pages)

Also available on iTunes for $4.99 (iBooks)
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

I downloaded the sample onto my kf hdx and I'm glad I did. The text in the forward written by Dave Gibbons is too small and I can't increase it. That kind of text would be the whole reason I would get this now as I already have a TPB edition (not deluxe) and a digital copy of that same version through Amazon.
  • Options

fredzilla said:

I downloaded the sample onto my kf hdx and I'm glad I did. The text in the forward written by Dave Gibbons is too small and I can't increase it. That kind of text would be the whole reason I would get this now as I already have a TPB edition (not deluxe) and a digital copy of that same version through Amazon.
    I only have a couple of comic books for Kindle and iBooks that I got for free and I really don't like them on that presentation. I already have the regular Watchmen in trade and on comiXology so I don't need this. But I thought some would like it. I was also curious that comiXology doesn't have the deluxe edition at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I heard about this event... not even for $0.99 an issue.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

I heard about this event... not even for $0.99 an issue.

REALLY??? But it's 99 cents!!!

• Options
    wow... those are horrible reviews for Age of Ultron... I guess I will hold off on it too.

For the Marvel Now sale, I ended getting the following:

- Uncanny Avengers: have not read it yet
    - Nova: good fun read... kind of reminds me of the new Blue Beetle
    - Wolverine: I had to buy it for Alan Davis art
    - Savage Wolverine: I had to buy it for Frank Cho art
    - Thor: have not read it yet
    - Young Avengers: good, but I miss Jim Cheung's art and the 1st series was so long ago and I did not pick up the series in between, so i really felt detached from these characters and had no clue what was going on... and who cares about Marvel Boy?
    - All New X-Men: have not read it yet
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!

Adventure Time: Playing With Fire
    AN ALL-NEW ADVENTURE TIME ORGINAL GRAPHIC NOVEL! Join Flame Princess, alongside Finn and Jake, as she leaves the Flame Kingdom and goes on her very first adventure! Written by acclaimed cartoonist Danielle Corsetto (GIRLS WITH SLINGSHOTS) and drawn by rising star Zack Sterling (BRAVEST WARRIORS, ADVENTURE TIME). A black and white edition appealing to fans of SCOTT PILGRIM and Japanese manga!
    Written by
    Danielle Corsetto
    Art by
    Zack Sterling

160 pages for 1.99 (use code ADVENTURE)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Sorry this is so late. This sale ends tomorrow, 1/2/14. If you haven't already, give a listen to CGS Episode #1241 - Spotlight on G.I. Joe in Comics while you're waiting for them to download.

Also, it appears that comiXology is running web-only daily specials (thanks @John_Steed!). Unless something really good comes up I probably won't be posting it, so feel free to post any of them if you'd like. I'm sure there will be some gems every so often.
  • Options

Last few hours to grab any of these sale books. I imagine they'll eventually go on sale again, but who knows when? Cheers!
  • Options
    got the first GI Joe collection and the first Transformer collection - just to be educated in early American comics :-B

it's a lot to catch up - but it sure looks like good fun
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    I picked up 7 of the DC "Essential Graphic Novel" Sale... replacing printed versions I already owned.
  • Options
    X-Men: Days of Future Past (gonna grab this!)
    Fear Itself
    Civil War
    Hulk: World War Hulk
    Infinity Gauntlet
    (gonna grab this too!)
    Spider-Man: Big Time
    Wolverine and the X-Men (Jason Aaron)
    New Avengers Vol. 1: Breakout

• Options
    edited January 2014
    So I'm not able to get to a computer until later so I'll update this on my handy phone! comiXology has a sale on X-Factor for Marvel Monday. I'm sure you can find how to get it. ;)

One more thing, if you read a lot of Marvel books and enjoy a lot of the older stuff, they have a program called Marvel Unlimited that gives you unrestricted access to Marvel's back catalog of comics. I'm not sure exactly what is and isn't on there so I'll let someone who subscribes explain. I am pretty sure though that Marvel doesn't release new issues. Their several months if not a couple of years behind the current issues. Anyway, all this is to say that you can sign up for a monthly subscription right now and only pay $3.99 for the first month. You gotta use the code MU2014.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    fredzilla said:

So I'm not able to get to a computer until later so I'll update this on my handy phone! comiXology has a sale on X-Factor for Marvel Monday. I'm sure you can find how to get it. ;)

One more thing, if you read a lot of Marvel books and enjoy a lot of the older stuff, they have a program called Marvel Unlimited that gives you unrestricted access to Marvel's back catalog of comics. I'm not sure exactly what is and isn't on there so I'll let someone who subscribes explain. I am pretty sure though that Marvel doesn't release new issues. Their several months if not a couple of years behind the current issues. Anyway, all this is to say that you can sign up for a monthly subscription right now and only pay $3.99 for the first month. You gotta use the code MU2014.

I've been a Marvel DCU (now Marvel Unlimited) subscriber for years now, and I love it. Especially when it become Marvel Unlimited and not only started working on IOS, but also they narrowed the release window, and now the content offered only tends to be 6 months behind, and there is more effort putting into titles and minis being released without any issues missed or skipped. For the $60/year or whatever it is I pay, something like that, I end up reading hundreds of dollars worth of books. And there is also an enormous back catalog of older material to dive into if you want to (e.g. I think the first several hundred issues of FF are now on there; probably the entire Claremont era of X-books or close to it, all of Simonson Thor, all of Frank Miller Daredevil, etc.)

There are still titles that I buy on paper as singles the month they are released, but then there are now a lot of titles that I look at and think, 'enh. . . I'll wait and read it on the MU'. And most of those do end up on the MU. And the ones that don't, well, usually I have forgot about them six months later.

It's good stuff. I would say try it out. Especially if you have something like a tablet to read them on.
  • Options

Loooved Queen & Country. If you like spy/espionage stories, it's tons o' fun!

• Options
    fredzilla said:

Loooved Queen & Country. If you like spy/espionage stories, it's tons o' fun!

And Oni just teased a Stumptown ongoing, so nows the time!
  • Options

It may just be me but I really only get digital books if (1) they're on sale--$0.99 or "half-off"--and (2) if they're complete arcs. Nothing worse than picking up a couple of issues and thinking, those were great I want to read more... $4 for each subsequent issue?!? Nope. That said, there are some really good books in this sale and even if they don't have complete story arcs, I've seen Valiant books go on sale 3-4 times in the past year so you should be able to pick the rest up sooner or later for $0.99.