Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Predicting The Future

I am finally reading Final Crisis and I have been going through them with the episodes on each of the issues. I just finished FC #4 and am now listening to the episode on it. And what will you know, the geeks pretty much predicted the DC revamp. It was kinda eery. If you go to the episode skip to around 40 minutes, it is pretty interesting.
http://comicgeekspeak.com/episodes/comic_geek_speak-683.php

Comments

• Options
    that's what i wondered about in another thread, in relation to the new 52 "reboot"... in the since that they have started over, that really was the final crisis for that universe, right?
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    that's what i wondered about in another thread, in relation to the new 52 "reboot"... in the since that they have started over, that really was the final crisis for that universe, right?
    I would assume so unless they go back to that universe which is most likely never gonna happen unless there is like some crazy crisis that the New 52 gets crossovered with the old universe. Well, now my head hurts. The Crisis' are a total mind F
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I am finally reading Final Crisis and I have been going through them with the episodes on each of the issues. I just finished FC #4 and am now listening to the episode on it. And what will you know, the geeks pretty much predicted the DC revamp. It was kinda eery. If you go to the episode skip to around 40 minutes, it is pretty interesting.
    http://comicgeekspeak.com/episodes/comic_geek_speak-683.php
    Man, I hope you're reading Superman Beyond as well.
  • Options

I did. If you put a gun to my head and told me to tell you what happened or you would kill me. It is safe to say I would be a goner.
  • Options

I did. If you put a gun to my head and told me to tell you what happened or you would kill me. It is safe to say I would be a goner.
    Don't worry, no one does.

Except for Murd.
  • Options
    He hasn't got there yet
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445

Don't worry, no one does.

Except for Murd.
    I do as well. And, maybe I've read too much Morrison in my life, because I don't see why it's considered confusing.

• Options
    TobyToby Posts: 91
    After Murd walked us through Final Crisis is really was not bad at all but the from what I remembered, Superman Beyond really needed to be read to understand it.
  • Options
    Final Crisis was understandable.

Superman Beyond took a longer time to get through for me.
  • Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169
    The thing I really liked about Superman Beyond is that I finally got my money's worth out of an event book. A bunch of layers to make a book a full meal rather than just a snack? Yes, please. May I have some more?

Final Crisis itself was a heck of a lot more straightforward than most gave it credit for, though I do see that a lot of the story lived in the subtext, but that was probably what made me, at least, appreciate it all the more.
  • Options
    Now that this is a Final Crisis thread, I will giver my thoughts-
    Huh? What? Why? It was horrendous
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    If, once a year, you had said, "I bet DC will reboot everything and start over", you would be correct 4% of the time.
    I think that since they have had a new Editor in Chief been able to do it, EVERY editor in chief will want to do it. Kind of like how a new writer at Marvel would invalidate everything done by writers they didn't like in the 90's.