Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Disney buys rights to Indiana Jones

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318

Maybe we have nothing to fear about a possible Shia return?

??? That sounds a little like, "I'm going to take my ball and go home". Okay, buh bye.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Loudest cheers in Mr. LaBeouf's career.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited January 2014
    Must be nice to have the kinds of residuals coming in to retire at whatever his young age is.

Personally? I won't miss his work.
  • Options
    "Wah! I got called out! I quit!"

If he follows through on this tweet, it will be the greatest gift he can bestow upon the world.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    David_D said:

Must be nice to have the kinds of residuals coming in to retire at whatever his young age is.

Personally? I won't miss his work.

those moving pictures might outlast humanity though...
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

...integrity?
  • Options

...integrity?
    ...Artistic?
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I count two lies in that tweet... each pointed out by @DoctorDoom and @random73 - I pray that the last 7 words don't include any further lies...
  • Options
    random73 said:

...integrity?
    ...Artistic?
    ...My?
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    recent attacks?
  • Options
    In light of the?
  • Options
    I know I'm making a generalisation but wasn't 'The Mummy' really an Indiana Jones movie in disguise so you can count it as already being done. Why not having a 'James Bond' type of arrangement that if a different actors comes in then it is okay. I mean, could you imaging Sean Connery still doing Bond films or Daniel Craig still doing to role in twenty years time. Find someone else to cast, write a good script, get a good director and let them sort out something. I mean, were already getting a non-Lucas Star Wars and the majority of us seem to trust Abrams so why don't we just do the same.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Indiana Jones to me is kindve a lightning in a bottle situation. I think they missed their window to exploit the franchise by not making another movie or two between temple and crusade, and not making another till crystal skull. I think the problem is so much of the appeal was entirely the people involved and the spirit / timing, rather than the concept or any story. Indiana Jones is purely the character not the characters "universe" or any specific aspect or trait... and Harison Ford IS the character.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    batlaw said:

Indiana Jones to me is kindve a lightning in a bottle situation. I think they missed their window to exploit the franchise by not making another movie or two between temple and crusade, and not making another till crystal skull. I think the problem is so much of the appeal was entirely the people involved and the spirit / timing, rather than the concept or any story. Indiana Jones is purely the character not the characters "universe" or any specific aspect or trait... and Harison Ford IS the character.

I completely agree with you. This is different then Bond. Besides Connery, there was source material Ford IS apart of the source material.

And if The Mummy counts, add Tomb Raider & National Treasure to the mix.

M
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    Matt said:

batlaw said:

I completely agree with you. This is different then Bond. Besides Connery, there was source material Ford IS apart of the source material.

M
    Don't forget Tales of the Golden Monkey.
  • Options
    kiwijase said:

Matt said:

batlaw said:

M
    or Alan Quartermain and the lost city of gold?
  • Options
    kiwijase said:

Matt said:

batlaw said:

M
    Interesting side note. Jake Cutter and Tales of the Gold Monkey were created prior to Raiders but not released till after. They take heat for being derivative but actually they came first.
  • Options
    batlaw said:

A.Q. predates I.J. by decades, and was, in fact, one of the main inspirations for Indy.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

batlaw said:

A.Q. predates I.J. by decades, and was, in fact, one of the main inspirations for Indy.
    Yeah but didnt the movies come out after indiana jones and try to ride its popularity? thats what i meant. but then I only barely even remember it and cant believe i do at all.
  • Options
    batlaw said:

WetRats said:

batlaw said:

Yeah but didnt the movies come out after indiana jones and try to ride its popularity? thats what i meant. but then I only barely even remember it and cant believe i do at all.
    Gotcha.

But in terms of lumping franchises together, Indy should really be lumped in the Allan Quatermain category, than vice versa.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

batlaw said:

WetRats said:

batlaw said:

Gotcha.

But in terms of lumping franchises together, Indy should really be lumped in the Allan Quatermain category, than vice versa.
    So, does Extrodinary League of Gentlemen (movie) fit in there as well? Hmmm.
  • Options

WetRats said:

batlaw said:

WetRats said:

batlaw said:

Gotcha.

The only place LOEG fits is up Sean Connery's arse.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Win!

Even though it was the Tom Sawyer character that dragged the movie down for me. And any movie that features a car chase through the streets of Venice has got problems right from the start.

Side-Bar
    “The announcement that there is a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen television series hasn’t caused me to drastically alter my opinions. Now it seems they are recycling things that have already proven not to work.” Alan Moore

FOX orders LOEG Pilot
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

batlaw said:

WetRats said:

batlaw said:

Gotcha.

LOEG is definitely no Treasure of the Four Crowns in Wonder-vision 3D!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Sidebar>>

Dark Horse is launching a new Tomb Raider title. Is there anyone here that's interested in that?
    ------------

Okay, back to the Indiana Jones possibly Disney reboot rumors and supposition.
  • Options
    Resurrection Alert:

Harrison Ford has officially answered the question of "who shot first, Han or Greedo"

In other news, Harrison Ford is officially "ball-less"...

• Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451

Resurrection Alert:

Harrison Ford has officially answered the question of "who shot first, Han or Greedo"

In other news, Harrison Ford is officially "ball-less"...

Mr Ford is a grown up.

photo rsz_1h10_zps7fa367f4.jpg
  • Options
    Indiana Jones reboot is coming and as of this morning, Twilight's Robert Pattinson was rumored to be the favorite to play the title character in the reboot.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/381745/Robert-Pattinson-tipped-be-the-next-Indiana-Jones

That's been debunked. E! Online posted their top 5 picks. Not any that I cared for, mind you:

http://www.eonline.com/news/548103/robert-pattinson-not-starring-in-indiana-jones-reboot-5-other-actors-who-d-be-perfect-for-the-part
  • Options
    Spielberg and Ford are back for ‘Indiana Jones 5’ No word on a role reprisal by Shia.

Indiana Jones and the Title to Be Determined Later opens in theaters on July 19, 2019. - what ancient relic will the 77 year old Mr. Ford be searching for this time?

The jokes just write themselves at this point.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613

Indiana Jones and the Title to Be Determined Later opens in theaters on July 19, 2019. - what ancient relic will the 77 year old Mr. Ford be searching for this time?

Search for The Blue Diamond
    Infernal Machine (Indy vs. The VCR)