Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2014 Reading List Thread - January

2»

Comments

• John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087

I am still going but I am reading DC Showcase presents Superman vol 1 and it is taking a while.

Enjoy - take your time. It's not a race.

• TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    fredzilla said:

Everyone still doing this? I've been actively trying to read more recently because of this list. I've gotten a little backlogged on my trade reading and now I'm catching up.

Still at it. Remember we'll have a new thread for February.

In the background I've been reading one of those massive Vampirella Hernia Archives, so if I haven't posted much, that's why...
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    Torchsong said:

TS can I make a suggestion when you start the "next month" thread provide a link to the previous month(s). That way it is easy to go back and look at what was read throughout the year.

• fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    mwhitt80 said:

Torchsong said:

TS can I make a suggestion when you start the "next month" thread provide a link to the previous month(s). That way it is easy to go back and look at what was read throughout the year.

That would be helpful. I also "starred" this thread as a favorite for easy access later.

I've read so much this month to catch up on a backlog of DCBS stuff and now I'm afraid of burnout. I need to pace myself. 300 pages of JMS yesterday...
    Good idea! By the time we hit December we should have 11 links in there then...and that'll avoid bumping the old threads up each time.
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    AND don't forget to save your list. One year the forum died and all was for naught.
    Ugghhh don't remind me. I lost so much crap in the binding forum it's not even funny. I was a defeated man.
  • mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    Save list got it.
  • Comics read this month
    Never really fancied batman but I got talked into reading zero yr from 21 and got hooked and ended up going back to zero yr issue zero and have read up to 26 and I have bloody loved it the court of owls was brilliant.
    I have ended up reading detective comics on digital now aNd loving this now.
    Empire if the dead
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    edited January 2014
    A little late to the party here. I've had a pretty busy January, still got a good chunk of reading done though. Here's my list so far...

Ghostbusters 9 - 16
    Iron Man 158 - 165
    Iron Man annual 5
    Leaving Megalopolis
    Batman Year One
    Flash 1-8
    Suicide Squad 1-7
    Earth 2 19 -
    Swamp Thing 27 -
    Forever Evil Argos 3 -
    Forever Evil Arkham war 4 -
    JLA 11 -
    JL3000 2 -
    Sex Criminals 4 -
    JL 27 -
    Animal Man 27 -
    Deadly Class 1 -
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I'm currently making my way through the Iron Man Epic Collection volume 10 - The Enemy Within. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Also trying to read a load of the digital trades I picked up before Christmas in the various Comixology sales. Next up either Civil War or Infinity Gauntlet, not sure which yet. Two classics I've never read.
    Just finished up my January list with 2 of my favorite stories. Star Wars Dark Empire 1 & 2. These were amazing stories for a young me. Now onto the last of the triology Empires End (which I've never read)
    A February thread has been created. If you're so inclined pick your top five of your list from this time around and from those five pick the best book you read in January and post it to the Feb. thread (you can see how I went about it in that thread).

Or don't...it's a free country! :)
  • bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    I finished Uncanny Avengers #1-5 not too long ago...

I thought it was a freaking disaster.

I just did not like the interactions between Havok and Captain America...

And the villains were absolutely horrible and confusing...

And Red Skull with Xavier's brain made no sense...

I felt like I was reading something written by Chuck Austen

Others I read:
    All-New X-Men #1-5 - and it was fcking amazeballs!!!

Fear Itself - when did Stuart Immonen become such an amazing artist? This story line felt like Marvel's version of Blackest Night, instead of everyone getting a lantern ring, they got Asgardian weapons... the only lame part of the story was that if the world REALLY was ending, why were the only Marvel heroes defending the earth: the Avengers and some of the FF. Where was the X-Men, New Warriors, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc. etc...

Thor: God of Thunder #1-5... OMG! THIS SERIES IS AMAZING!!! THIS STUFF IS MIND BLOWINGLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finished the first story arc and can't wait for the 2nd to go on sale on comixology!!!

Savage Wolverine #1-5 - Frank Cho is a god. Story was good too. Just a fun romp through the forest and it was nice to see Wolverine decapitate people... coz when you fight a guy with 6 adamantium blades, you should not walk away from that fight

Demon Knights Vol 1 - zzzZZzzZZzzzZZZzz... not sure why the Geeks loved this series so much... the art was subpar and the characters were not very well explained... maybe it works if you are already familiar with the pre-New52 versions of these characters... what is up with the female knight who pretends to be a man?