Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    2 truths and a lie?
    1. if i wasn't a doctor, i'd be working my ass off trying to get into comics
    2. i absolutely can't stand Rob Liefeld!
    3. i AM Rob Liefeld!
    Rob, get help! Therapy works. ;)
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Hi all! I'm Ming from San Francisco. As long as I can remember I always had an interest in comics and although I can't exactly remember the first issue it was probably an Spider-Man comic that my parents brought me because I was familiar with the Spider-Man cartoon from the 90's. I have always been a Marvel fan but got turned on to DC and others through the DC animated cartoons and movie and other media.

2 Truths and a lie:

1)The first time I got drunk was when I was 5.
    2)Robin Williams and Danny Devito once visited my family's restaurant
    3)As a youngster I thought that Stan Lee yelled Alka Seltzer instead of Excelsior because to me only old people took alka seltzer.
    I'll go with door number one.

You got drunk when you were six. :))
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    3)As a youngster I thought that Stan Lee yelled Alka Seltzer instead of Excelsior because to me only old people took alka seltzer.
    @Pvt_Sadsack : please let #3 be the truth (if not...well....just lie to me....)
  • Hello! Greetings from sunny San Diego. My name is Don and have been a CGS listener since episode 111 - Athena Voltaire. Started reading comics when I was 7. Now, two truths and a lie.

1. My favorite Star Trek episode is "The City on the Edge of Forever"
    2. I have 3 sisters
    3. I ran in to Reese Witherspoon at a California Pizza Kitchen in San Francisco
  • KojakKojak Posts: 2
    Hello, it's nice to be back on the forums (not that I was active on the other one). CGS is extraordinarily important to me and I am grateful for all they do for us. I live in Lawrence, KS and have been reading comics since I was able to hold a comic (in fact, my brother still gives me a hard time for ruining his DC Treasury Editions when I was a baby). The first book I bought off the shelf with my own allowance money was Who's Who #2 in 1985. Two truths, one lie:

1.) I once smoked a spliff in Montreal while backstage as Snoop Dogg was performing onstage.
    2.) I own 120 pairs of Air Jordan sneakers.
    3.) I bought my copy of Giant-Sized X-Men for $0.10 at a garage sale

1.) I once smoked a spliff in Montreal while backstage as Snoop Dogg was performing onstage.
    2.) I own 120 pairs of Air Jordan sneakers.
    3.) I bought my copy of Giant-Sized X-Men for $0.10 at a garage sale
    In my world I want #1 and #3 to be true. #2 would make you the Imelda Marcos of CGS :>
  • I've been listening to the show for about eight months now. Hmm, what happened about eight months ago?

*I have too many electronic devices and I need more.

*My wife is really hot.

*I'm actually really looking forward to Rob Liefeld taking over so many new DC titles.
  • Wait........... a hot wife and you read comics?! niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice..
  • Hey I'm Seb.

1. My band was on the soundtrack to Xbox racing game "Project Gotham Racing 2"
    2. My wife bought me a copy of Giant Size X-Men #1 for a birthday present last year.
    3. I am distantly related to writer Mike Carey
  • My name is Fred, and I started listening when all the Marvel Civil War delays were happening. I heard about this by a post from Mike Norton MySpace (what is that?), and I've listened to nearly every episode since.

1. I was in a band when I was younger and we made an album
    Hey Fred, what was your band, assuming that wasn't the lie?
    Hey I'm Seb.

1. My band was on the soundtrack to Xbox racing game "Project Gotham Racing 2"
    2. My wife bought me a copy of Giant Size X-Men #1 for a birthday present last year.
    3. I am distantly related to writer Mike Carey
    Are you Seb Carey from Caretaker? If so - then #1 + #3 might be true.....
  • Are you Seb Carey from Caretaker? If so - then #1 + #3 might be true.....
    Ha ha, I am indeed Seb Carey from Caretaker, but I am in no way related to Mike Carey. Fake out! Still, good detective skills!

Are you Seb Carey from Caretaker? If so - then #1 + #3 might be true.....
    Ha ha, I am indeed Seb Carey from Caretaker, but I am in no way related to Mike Carey. Fake out! Still, good detective skills!

and btw: I like your music - and since you're probably too modest to share.....well....I'will shamelessly do so:

>>> music.caretakerband.com/ B-)
  • p0wp0w Posts: 2
    Hello, I'm Patrick Watson. Been a listener since the 3rd or 4th episode on iTunes. Was a lurker on the forums and figured I might as well say hello since the forums went through a reboot.

1. I love comics and jazz. My older son is named Miles after Miles Davis and my younger sons' middle name is Kirby after Jack.
    2. I've managed a comic shop but now work in asset management. (but I miss the comic shop).
    3. I much prefer Bendis' Marvel work over his Caliber/Image days.
  • JGalaJGala Posts: 19
    hey there - I'm J. Martinez, 21 years young from California (Andrade is my real last name, but that's another story for a whole other time). I like to be called Jam (my middle name is Andrew). Tonight is the first night that I've entered this website, thanks for having me. I wasn't so heavy on collecting single issue comics, rather graphic novels back in middle school and high school. Now I'm barely getting into doing so and I'm looking at it as the only means for me to treasure hunt. The guy above inspired me to admit my ultra love for jazz.

1. I read just about every sort of form of writing to get better at my craft (only published once in an obsecure punk zine).
    2. I play shitty sounds with my Saxophone (Charlie Parker made me do it).
    3. I really hate George R.R. Martin.

• 3. I really hate George R.R. Martin.
    we all do for taking so long to write the last book...

• johnjohn Posts: 1
    I am a a 40 year collecting veteran, and have been listning to the show since somewhere in the three hundreds, but have never participated much on the forums before. My first comic was Spider-man #48, may 1967, bought out of a spinner rack at drugstore somewhere on a family vacation in michigan.
    My earlist memories of reading comics was at the barbershop, Richie Rich, Beetle Bailey, The Phantom, Archie, but the Spiderman was my first real exsposure to superheroes.
    But I soon swithed to Batman as my favorite.
    Today I buy anything I can find that is old and cheep, with the emphisis on cheep.

• RoidsRoids Posts: 1
    Hey I'm Dave and

1) I'm making an Animated Superhero comedy show called Pissweak Superheroes that you can check out at - http://www.youtube.com/user/PissweakSuperheroes
    2) I'm from Australia
    3) I once punched a street tough into orbit

If you've got any suggestions for the show or if you'd like to be involved, please don't hesitate to drop us a line.

Have a great day superhumans.
  • FlintlockjawFlintlockjaw Posts: 247
    My name is Flint Lockjaw (Stephen Reid)...
    Here goes...but being the wanker that I am...I'll do six...two are false.

1) I met Oliver Reed, he was drunk and winking at everyone walking down Grafton street when I had a brief conversation, and Michael York. Actually bumped into Michael York and knocked his papers flying.

2) I had Will Eisner as a teacher for four weeks. Learnt more in that four weeks than I ever have about sequential art.

3) A show I worked/currently work on has been nominated for three BAFTAs this year...last year. just the one nomination.

4) Steve Dillon and Garth Ennis judged my artwork as the 'best B&W Strip' at the first Irish Sci-Fi convention in Dublin.

5) I have a secret collection of Barbie Dolls. ( Not so secret now that I'm telling you.)

6) When solicitors call my home phone I answer as if I'm Elvis (I even do the southern accent, it's pretty funny)..and that I've been held captive and I didn't die..it was a double and they need to send someone to help me. ( I always use my neighbors address as the holding point...even though they know they've called my house. I dislike my crotchety old neighbor.)

• T2GunnzT2Gunnz Posts: 14
    My name is Tommy and i have been listening since August 2012. I stumbled onto CGS through itunes after i read some guy commenting about how much fanboy radio sucks compared to CGS. Since then I've been listening to CGS obsessively since then, I'm working on listening to all I'm up to 163 right now while also listening to the new show.

1.I started reading comics after my sister bought me the Green Lantern Blackest Night trade.
    2.I own the whole run of The Walking Dead so far
    3.My wife thinks CGS is evil but we are slowly converting her. Thank you Strangers in Paradise
  • ChuckzillaChuckzilla Posts: 8
    This is Charlie from East Texas.

1. I am exactly the same age as Fred Hembeck (born on the same day).
    2. I once had to put a comic back on the rack because they had gone up to 12 cents and I didn't bring more than a dime.
    3. Ditko lends me money whenever I'm short.
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    This is Charlie from East Texas.

1. I am exactly the same age as Fred Hembeck (born on the same day).
    2. I once had to put a comic back on the rack because they had gone up to 12 cents and I didn't bring more than a dime.
    3. Ditko lends me money whenever I'm short.
    I am guessing 3. ;)

• BookbagBookbag Posts: 6
    Hi I'm a returning forum member from the UK where it is still really cool to like comics.
  • QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    My name is Quinton Piper. I am 20 yr old college student from Pennsylvania. I've been listening and lurking around CGS for about a year now however this is my first time making a profile. I love comics, SciFi, anime, rock and jazz, longboarding, and anything awesome.

1. I first soloed in a glider at the age of 17.
    2. I pitched a no hitter verse a minor league baseball player in Wii Baseball.
    3. I watched all of Cowboy Bebop in one sitting.
    My name is Quinton Piper. I am 20 yr old college student from Pennsylvania. I've been listening and lurking around CGS for about a year now however this is my first time making a profile. I love comics, SciFi, anime, rock and jazz, longboarding, and anything awesome.

1. I first soloed in a glider at the age of 17.
    2. I pitched a no hitter verse a minor league baseball player in Wii Baseball.
    3. I watched all of Cowboy Bebop in one sitting.
    I clicked on the AWESOME button for:

- in case #1 is true
    - your love of anime (what are your favs)
    - jazz (favs?)
    - longboarding

Welcome to the forum :)>-
    Yeah number 1 is true so its now a 50/50 guess for the fake one. I would say my top 3 anime would be Cowboy Bebop (has awesome music btw), Trigun and Black Lagoon. I like everything when it comes to jazz but i probably would say Charlie Parker for revolutionizing bebop and Miles Davis.
  • phansfordphansford Posts: 221
    I'm the same phansford from the last forum (first initial last name). I wasn't going to rejoin..... for a couple of reasons. One - I have successfully sold my entire collection and I am not reading any comics anymore. Two - I can't stand the look and feel of the new forum. That's the architect in me.

I thought I could make the break from the forum.... but there are a few topics I wanted to engage in.... so I am back. :D So overall.... I might be a light poster. I do intend to post some insights I gained in the 2 1/2 years it took me to sell off my collection. (as requested from a few forum members I've stayed in contact with)

1. I started collecting comics in high school (1975).
    2. Over time, my interests moved away from characters, creators, and story lines to the creative process and marketing. (again.... that architect thing)
    3. The only reason I got into comics was for the hookers and blow.
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    3. The only reason I got into comics was for the hookers and blow.
    Get your own. I ain't sharing!
  • Amalgam_ManAmalgam_Man Posts: 53
    Hello my fellow geeks. My name is Steven Mount. I live in Wichita, KS. I have been reading comics since 1991-92. I have always had a love for Marvel Comics that can only be rivaled by my love for DC. I am also a fan of various Indy books. I am a big fan of CGS and what the guys do and hope them many years of success. For my three statements, here they are. 1)I have moved 79 times in my 28 years of life. 2)I have been to or lived in Maine, Alaska, and Hawaii. 3)I have been to 2 other countries. Thanks again for everything CGS.
    1)I have moved 79 times in my 28 years of life.
    Im gonna guess this is the fake one and welcome to the forum.