Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Comic Book Combat, Fight #2: Dark Knight vs Super Soldier

13»

Comments

• Options
    crash41crash41 Posts: 27
    this fight isn't a "death match" of any sort. two men have a dispute, one; a quasi-government agent, the other an outlaw vigilante. if they were to meet in a fight, in my estimation, batman would be able to, mind you with great difficulty, render cap unconscious before cap could subdue bats.
  • Options
    BondoBondo Posts: 57
    yeah that was more my what-if spin.

This is fun :P
  • Options
    WhirlwindWhirlwind Posts: 94
    I'm trying very hard not to seem like a Marvel homer here, but I have to disagree with most and give the edge to Captain America. Since they actually have met up before - in the JLA/Avengers crossover - we can start there, in which they were portrayed as having fighting skills so evenly matched that they decided not to fight (and instead, advance the plot). If that fight continued, however, it would last a long time, during which Captain America's peak conditioning and incredibly effect defensive weapon would work in his advantage. Batman's greatest advantage - his ability to pre-educate himself on his opponents - would prevent an unusual tactical situation for Cap, but considering one of his long-time archenemies is the Taskmaster, this is nothing new for him.

Batman's best move is an ambush, and I'm confident that Captain America could withstand the short flurry of brutal attacking moves that Batman would deal out. Win: Captain America.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    This one, for me, is always the question of preparation. Batman does not fight fair, and will always try to create the ideal situation that will give him the upper hand. That fight in The Dark Knight Returns - do you think that Bruce just put that suit together the day before? No, of course not. He had that thing for years, just waiting to use it. A few years ago, it was revealed that Batman had plans set up to take down every member of the Justice League - just in case.

Batman is a planner and a dirty fighter and paranoid and trained to nearly the pinnacle of humanity, physically and mentally. Plus, he has lots of toys.

Captain America, though, is a tested soldier. and IS the pinnacle of humanity. Plus, he has a virtually indestructible shield.

Drop the two with no notice into an arena, I'm giving Cap a slight edge. Give the two fighters any notice at all, I'm giving Bats the edge.

Unless...

If you are positing a world in which both characters actually exist, and I extrapolate the paranoia factor of a mentally unstable man in a bat costume to a logical extent in that world, Batman would already be prepared to take down Captain America.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited April 2014
    I told myself I was going to stop posting here & it seems to have lasted a day.

When I think Batman, I think about a line Hannibal said in the A-Team movie:

"Give me a minute, I'm good. Give me an hour, I'm great. Give me 6 months, and I'm unstoppable."

I also recall a line from the JLA: Secret Files that spun out of the Tower of Babel storyline. Batman stated in the end he could improvise a counter to each of his allies (though I think Superman was the one exception.)

Having an advanced notice does favor Batman, but not having notion doesn't handicap him. Your best fighters (of which both of these characters are) study their opponents during a fight. Hell, I'm a noob in kickboxing & even I know enough to study my opponent while fighting to learn his strengths, weaknesses, & his 'go to' moves.

M
  • Options
    I think this is probably the most difficult pairing to figure out the victor. Everyone is going to have their subjective objective opinion. I think, objectively, this doesn't come down to prep time, skill, stamina, superpowers, or craftiness. Both fighters have squared off against similar opponents & win. This fight comes down to 1 key factor: luck. The victor won't win because of any advantage he has over the other, but because he had that ONE moment to land a kick or punch to the other.

M
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Matt said:

Again, I quote the Immortal words of Lord Humongus: "Just walk away."
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

Okay already. Just don't wear the skimpy outfit of the Golden Youth to tell me that!!

M
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

Okay already. Just don't wear the skimpy outfit of the Golden Youth to tell me that!!

M
    =))