Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

"A Salute to Jamie D." Talkback Thread

Comments

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

Some things don't translate well to our significant others.
    I was trying to explain to the Missus just how awesome the Drunk Cap thing was.
    I told her it was heart-breaking, touching, genuine, and a fitting a tribute to Jamie.
    She just looked at me and said, "That drunk guy? That drunk guy on the internet?"

Sigh.

Well, it moved me.
    It moved me so much, I refuse to listen to it again.
    Kind of like the end of Field of Dreams.
    It would destroy me.

Kudos once again Cap and safe home Jamie.

HOLY CRAP, THAT WAS GOOD
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    What an amazing episode. This was just wonderful. I loved the stories that everyone had. Like most, I was pretty good up until Cap at the end. Am I mistaken or is there an episode where it's a clip show of the best of Drunk Cap? If there is, would you know what episode that would be on? Anyway, thanks for this episode.
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    jaydee74 said:

Am I mistaken or is there an episode where it's a clip show of the best of Drunk Cap? If there is, would you know what episode that would be on?

Episode 1098: The Best of Drunk Cap

It's from almost three years ago, but it's complete till that point.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    edited May 2014
    Nice.

Edit: I am listening to "The Best of Drunk Cap" and it is as awesome as I remember. I didn't remember that it was Peter's last episode though.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Pants is on fire. He's like the Murd of CGS (with better search skillz). I figured I could search for 498 if I had a year, but Pants blew it up and gave me the episode.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    Pants said:

Episode 1098: The Best of Drunk Cap

It's from almost three years ago, but it's complete till that point.

Pants:

Coincidentally, after hearing Drunk Cap's heart-breaking call at the end of the podcast, I had gone and downloaded that episode earlier today.
  • Options
    Parallax said:

Cap's message at the end destroyed me. Once again, he lost his Bucky.

and now you did the same for me.. :((

I will always cherish this episode.. ^:)^
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Thank you for doing this, guys. And it was that Shana and Scott could be there and join in as well. A lot of things to laugh and cry at, great stories, some I knew and many that I didn't. Listening to that was like getting to be at a great wake- the kind when there is no end of things to say about the person that is being remembered. Jamie is a man that made a big impression. Thanks for sharing this.
  • Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    Wonderful tribute, guys. Many have thanked you for this episode, and for all you've done in terms of keeping the community up to date with Jamie's status over the past few weeks. All those thanks are entirely deserved, but it should go further: Thanks to ALL of you guys for EVERYTHING you've given us over the years. The situation with Jamie only crystallizes how special CGS is, period. It underscores the difference you've made in many people's lives. Whether they have ever met or interacted with you or not, you have all made a very big positive difference in many people's lives. Jamie was an especially big source of positivity.

Thanks again, guys, and my condolences once again as well.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Joining the chorus, thank you for this episode. I think that most of us can only hope to touch as many lives as Jamie did or to be so obviously loved by such a group of friends.

I'll be in meetings all day tomorrow but as 11:00 eastern rolls around, I'm sure my thoughts will turn from land use planning to Jamie and you all.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    That was a great tribute I enjoyed how Deemer talked about first meeting Jamie and how the future of CGS really depended on Jamie's response. I'm still shaking my head that he's gone. The show was a great part of my comic fandom. I hope the industry realizes how shows like this has kept the industry going all these years.

My favorite thing Jamie would do is when he would talk about trading comics and I enjoyed hearing the guys gasping in mock horror over trading comics. Always enjoyed hearing about his love for Marvel Two-In-One and Team-up. And of course the Avengers.

• Options
    DaveWachterDaveWachter Posts: 10
    An excellent tribute. Thank you.
  • Options
    MatkecMatkec Posts: 2
    I have just finished listening to the tribute pod cast. I have only started to listening to you guys in sep last year. My girl friend as well who was never been in to comics as well and got me back in cause of Jamie d after 20 years I feel for your loss but his memory will live on.hope friends and family are doing well. Matkec
  • Options
    MatkecMatkec Posts: 2
    I was never into comics, that was until my boyfriend introduced me to them and to CGS. I just finished listening to the Jamie D tribute and what an excellent tribute it was. My heart goes out to all his family and friends. May he rest in peace.
  • Options
    Can't be South of the tunnel for the service today, I have an meeting this afternoon. Hopefully, there will be enough of those good ol' Shiznit positive vibes for the interview. I'll definitely be watching the recorded feed later. I'll have you and yours in my thoughts all day Jamie. Thanks again big guy.
  • Options
  • Options
    NexusNexus Posts: 2
    Man. I've been a CGS listener since about 2006 and the news about Jamie D's tragic passing has definitely affected me. My condolences to his family and his CGS family. I want you all to know that in honor of Jamie, I have worn my Captain America shield t-shirt to work today. It's hard to know where to begin . . . Even though I never met Jamie, I felt a kinship with him, beyond both of us being a major Cap and Avengers fan. Jamie was genuine, honest and passionate about his opinions, and compassionate to those around him. All of this came through in his conversations with his buddies in the studio and me, a listener, through so many mundane events and difficult transitions in my life. Whether it was keeping me company or entertained while working around my house, making me laugh out loud after a rough day of work during my monster 90 minute commute, or taking my mind off the daily health scares that exist with one of my five children, Jamie shared his gift. In my 41 years on this planet, I've learned one way to handle the passing of someone important to me is to take what that person has taught me and pledge to apply that to my life. From Jamie's amazing ability to bring joy to children, I will remember to never forget to be a kid with my kids. And, I will always think of him when sharing new comics with them, something he always championed so eloquently. Thank you, CGS, for creating this amazing community, and thank you, Jamie D for being you!
  • Options
    RadioWayneRadioWayne Posts: 22
    Wow. Just wow. Thank you guys.
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    Just finished the episode, and what a recap it was. Thanks for sharing your memories and stories, and being serious and funny. I'm going to miss the "I'm Jamie D!" at the start of the episodes for sure. That ending... Goodbye Jeremy, godspeed.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    getting through it in about 10-15 minutes shots before having to take a break, my thoughts and prayers are with you all and thank you for this tribute
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited May 2014
    The only thing that would have made Jamie D's career even more perfect? If his first appearance was in CGS Episode #4 instead of Episode #5 because, well, you know ...

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    This episode was equal halfs heartbreaking and hilarious. A fitting tribute to a great man.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Jamie putting John de Lancie on the list was the perfect way to end the show. The way Bryan brings in the music and Jamie starts getting into it like he's George C. Scott in the beginning of Patton... I think I laughed as hard this time as did when I first heard it years ago. Quintessential Shiznit Pimp. =D> \m/
  • Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169
    I still vividly remember where I was when I first heard Jamie put de Lancie on The List. I was going through the Drive In ATM at the bank around the corner from my old house, and I couldn't stop laughing. Definitely a classic moment on the show!
  • Options
    TrustyMutsiTrustyMutsi Posts: 161
    Listened to this episode on the way to paying my respects to Jamie's family and friends. Going from this episode to seeing everyone at the church was bittersweet, as was seeing all the photos of Jamie's life.

Jamie being gone is more real now, and it was a difficult drive to work.
  • Options
    It's weird to say I'm looking forward to listening to this tomorrow at work given the circumstances, but it sounds like a true celebration of an awesome guy and just a great character who gave so much to so many people around the world with his spirit, humor, and love of Cap! He will be greatly missed. I'm just now hearing the news and I have to say i'm shaken pretty hard by it, and my only interaction with Jamie D has been listening to the Podcast for the last couple of years. What a sad, horrible thing. But I must say, it's amazing to see so many of the CGS family rally in this time of tragedy and to see just how close the entire CGS family is. I lost my wife a year ago Monday, so i've been far too immersed in grief as it is, but it is times like these where we really do see the best that the human spirit has to offer.

Godspeed Jamie.
  • Options
    phansfordphansford Posts: 221
    Job well done.

'nuff said.
  • Options
    Thank you for a beautiful tribute.