Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited May 2014
    Matt said:

Now an Agent Carter mini-series is something I'd be interested in watching.

M

Rumor has it that t's supposed to air during the mid season break of MAoS as a replacement. But they were supposed to do the same thing with Once Upon A Time in Wonderland for OUAT, so who knows. Idk if it's supposed to be a mini, but with ABC's track record it wouldn't be surprising if AC is one and done.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited May 2014

“Marvel’s Agent Carter,” starring Captain America’s Hayley Atwell follows the story of Peggy Carter. It’s 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life–Steve Rogers. Inspired by the feature films “Captain America: The First Avenger” and “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” along with the short “Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter.”

Starring Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, “Marvel’s Agent Carter” is executive produced by Christopher Markus, Steve McFeely, Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Jeph Loeb.

Read more at collider.com/agent-carter-tv-show-poster-synopsis/

Season finale poster
  • CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    Seriously? Season finale happens and NOBODY has posted about it yet?

Ok, ok, I get it. It DID feel kinda...lackluster. Not bad, but not...overwhelmingly awesome. Some good stuff though.

Not the least of which is....

WTF is Coulson drawing?

Who is Skye's father?

WHAT IS HER DAMN ABILITY?!

Patton Oswalt = Life Model Decoy?

And my first legitimate laugh out loud moment of the season: Super Soldier Garrett meets his TRUE end via Coulson.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131

And my first legitimate laugh out loud moment of the season: Super Soldier Garrett meets his TRUE end via Coulson.

It was fun, but it wasn't awesome. There were better episodes earlier on.

About Garrett: knowing that AoS is a Whedon thing and knowing that Avengers 2 is in the works, as the mechanical things were attaching to Garrett, I thought initially Oh em gee this is where Ultron begins. And then Coulson on does what he does and I chuckled and simply said, "huh."

Overall, it was a fun first season.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I got misty with the underwater scene..I admit it.
  • JDickJDick Posts: 206
    fredzilla said:

It was fun, but it wasn't awesome. There were better episodes earlier on.

About Garrett: knowing that AoS is a Whedon thing and knowing that Avengers 2 is in the works, as the mechanical things were attaching to Garrett, I thought initially Oh em gee this is where Ultron begins. And then Coulson on does what he does and I chuckled and simply said, "huh."

Overall, it was a fun first season.
    Could the stuff Coulson and Garrett were writing have something to do with the alien DNA and be a tease for Guardians of the Galaxy?
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    edited May 2014

That is what my wife said.
    ...and that is why I love her.

Seriously... This is a TV show about SHIELD! A whole season is done and we have yet to even hear about LMDs?
    fredzilla said:

...knowing that AoS is a Whedon thing and knowing that Avengers 2 is in the works, as the mechanical things were attaching to Garrett, I thought initially Oh em gee this is where Ultron begins.

Oh that's EXACTLY what I thought. It even kinda looked like Ultron when it started getting put on his body.

• HexHex Posts: 944

fredzilla said:

...knowing that AoS is a Whedon thing and knowing that Avengers 2 is in the works, as the mechanical things were attaching to Garrett, I thought initially Oh em gee this is where Ultron begins.

Oh that's EXACTLY what I thought. It even kinda looked like Ultron when it started getting put on his body.
    I was just stoked to see "cyborg" Garett, because it closely matched the current image of Garett from the comics!
  • playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377

Seriously? Season finale happens and NOBODY has posted about it yet?

Ok, ok, I get it. It DID feel kinda...lackluster. Not bad, but not...overwhelmingly awesome. Some good stuff though.

Not the least of which is....

WTF is Coulson drawing?

Who is Skye's father?

WHAT IS HER DAMN ABILITY?!

That scene made no sense. We see Garrett's body get packed up, but then we're supposed to believe they just left him there? The whole scene annoyed me, then it turned out to be the setup for a lame joke?

And I don't know if anyone noticed but all of Sam Jackson's scenes at the climax were cutaways. None of him and Paxton together. Like they couldn't get him the day they were actually shooting. So it comes off like a stiff Waldorf and Statler routine.

Overall it was a decent ending though.
  • JDickJDick Posts: 206
    Is Ward off the show now or will there be some kind of redemption story next year?
  • HappenstanceHappenstance Posts: 113
    It wasnt the best season finale ever but it did have some great moments.

Fitz and Simmons in the ocean was great and really well acted from both of them.

Nailgun to the foot from May was just awesome.

Garrett coming back and getting all Cyborged up only to get killed a second later was very funny.

Nice to see Fury get more than just a cameo as well this time.

That scene made no sense. We see Garrett's body get packed up, but then we're supposed to believe they just left him there? The whole scene annoyed me, then it turned out to be the setup for a lame joke?

Oh I get you, it's part of the reason I laughed. But still, funny enough to me at least.

• KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Don't you hate it when someone you trust but in reality has come to betray you locks you in a box and drops you in the middle of the ocean? I wonder what is going to happen to Fitz.

At least they didn't have to combine all their powers into Coulson to defeat the half cyborg soldier.

I liked it, was a better pick up than the last few weeks for me.
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    JDick said:

Could the stuff Coulson and Garrett were writing have something to do with the alien DNA and be a tease for Guardians of the Galaxy?

The dates don't line up.

GoG will be out before AoS returns.

It looks like circuit diagrams to me.
  • matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    The finale was kind of rushed and show-horned some conclusions like Deathlok. I'll come back for next season.
  • I like the theory--and it's JUST a theory--that the TAHITI drug is a form of Terragin and that Skye may be an Inhuman. That would be really interesting to see unfold (if that's indeed the case). The guys who do the SHIELD podcast at the HHWLOD network are discussing this in their latest episode.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

I like the theory--and it's JUST a theory--that the TAHITI drug is a form of Terragin and that Skye may be an Inhuman. That would be really interesting to see unfold (if that's indeed the case). The guys who do the SHIELD podcast at the HHWLOD network are discussing this in their latest episode.

Yeah, the whole Inhuman angle popped into my head too. Especially with such a large focus on the Inhumans in current comics. Also, with Marvel Studios unable to use the X-Men this might be a great way for them to introduce something very similar.
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I like the theory--and it's JUST a theory--that the TAHITI drug is a form of Terragin and that Skye may be an Inhuman. That would be really interesting to see unfold (if that's indeed the case). The guys who do the SHIELD podcast at the HHWLOD network are discussing this in their latest episode.

Yeah, the whole Inhuman angle popped into my head too. Especially with such a large focus on the Inhumans in current comics. Also, with Marvel Studios unable to use the X-Men this might be a great way for them to introduce something very similar.
    Is that Marvel owned or Fox owned?

M
  • AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    I really liked the underwater scene. Seems like Garrett was disposed of too easily. Overall a lot of improvent over the first 3/4 of the season.
    About Garrett, did that whole thing with him seem weird? What was the deal?
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Matt said:

Is that Marvel owned or Fox owned?

M

As far as I understand, Marvel owns the Inhumans.

• random73random73 Posts: 2,318

Can you clarify the questions? What did you think was weird? Bill Paxton on TV? The bit where he is presumed dead & boxed up only to be left alone in a room with a super healing machine? 'The answers are written on the backs of my eyes, Flowers. Ask your question." general-line-delivery-creepiness?

This is a little bit like watching some super giant sci-fi epic with my wife and she is counting the number of bullets the pistol takes.
    "Really? Giant alien monsters falling out of the sky and that guy firing too many shots from his 9mm is what bothers you? THATS the part you can't believe?"
    "Yup".
    "Okay".
    random73 said:

Can you clarify the questions? What did you think was weird? Bill Paxton on TV? The bit where he is presumed dead & boxed up only to be left alone in a room with a super healing machine? 'The answers are written on the backs of my eyes, Flowers. Ask your question." general-line-delivery-creepiness?

This is a little bit like watching some super giant sci-fi epic with my wife and she is counting the number of bullets the pistol takes.
    "Really? Giant alien monsters falling out of the sky and that guy firing too many shots from his 9mm is what bothers you? THATS the part you can't believe?"
    "Yup".
    "Okay".

Everything after Bill Paxton on TV. And yes he was the 7th (as well as bullets 8-10) bullet in a six shooter for me.

Despite all of that I also get the feeling that Hydra was deemphasized in this episode.
  • TrustyMutsiTrustyMutsi Posts: 161
    I loved the scene where May jumps in off-screen to take on Ward.
    Also of interest...

By now we all know that Hayley Atwell is returning as Peggy Carter in an eight-episode series that will be set after Captain America: The First Avenger but long before “The Winter Soldier” or “Avengers” movies. ABC plans to air “S.H.I.E.L.D.,” which will go on hiatus in January, when they’ll air “Agent Carter,” and then they’ll air the rest of “S.H.I.E.L.D.” It's considered "gap programming" and will presumably give the production teams time to get caught up or straightened out.

Also from the interview linked here, I learned that the guys who wrote “Captain America” 1, 2 and are now writing 3, wrote the pilot fo this.

• MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Also of interest...

By now we all know that Hayley Atwell is returning as Peggy Carter in an eight-episode series that will be set after Captain America: The First Avenger but long before “The Winter Soldier” or “Avengers” movies. ABC plans to air “S.H.I.E.L.D.,” which will go on hiatus in January, when they’ll air “Agent Carter,” and then they’ll air the rest of “S.H.I.E.L.D.” It's considered "gap programming" and will presumably give the production teams time to get caught up or straightened out.

Also from the interview linked here, I learned that the guys who wrote “Captain America” 1, 2 and are now writing 3, wrote the pilot fo this.

Those weiters also have stated they would like to write a Moon Knight script. With SHIELD dismantled, Spector could easily be written as a former agent turned merc.

M
  • RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Only a little over two more months! I'm hoping the new season starts out stronger than season one! I've managed to get non-comic book readers to watch once the second half of season one tied into Captain America 2 - so that's a plus!