Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Secret Wars

I want to have Secret Wars binding done for my brother and was wondering what tall I should include

Comments

• MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I did the Secret Wars, Secret Wars II, Fantastic Four #319 (titled "Secret Wars III"), there is a 2 part What If titled "Brave New World". You could include the Illuminati issue, but I didn't care for it.

I got it into one binding. I think in hindsight, I would've broken it down to include the single pages of all the heroes disappearing before Secret Wars (probably just scanned copies of the pages), then the 12 issues, then the single pages of the heroes returning (not the whole issues, and again scanned copies), and end the binding with the What If issues. Volume 2-3 would be include Secret Wars II chronologically with the tie-in issues, ending the final volume with the Fantastic Four issue.

M
  • Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    I don't think I've ever seen that issue of the FF; may have to check it out in the future. Yeah, I agree with you about that Illuminati issue -- it really struck a sour note, not just in regards to Secret Wars, but with the rest of the Illuminati mini-series as well, which was otherwise quite good.

I've never read the Bendis Secret Wars -- how does that fit in? Or does it?

I don't think I've ever seen that issue of the FF; may have to check it out in the future. Yeah, I agree with you about that Illuminati issue -- it really struck a sour note, not just in regards to Secret Wars, but with the rest of the Illuminati mini-series as well, which was otherwise quite good.

Bendis' doesn't fit with the prior series. I believe it was called Secret War (no 's'). It was an okay read; better then that Illuminati issue. I 100% agree, that was the black sheep of a great mini-series.

M
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    Matt said:

Bendis' doesn't fit with the prior series. I believe it was called Secret War (no 's'). It was an okay read; better then that Illuminati issue. I 100% agree, that was the black sheep of a great mini-series.

M
    Yeah nothing to do with the prior series but it did launch a lot of what Bendis did with the Avenges. So it would go more with that than the previous Secret Wars.
    Looking at my binding, I did use the Illuminati issue, but I also included Thor #383.

M