Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The CGS 10th Anniversary Suggestion Box

Our ten-year celebration is fast approaching, and we could use a little help and advice from YOU! Have any ideas as to what, where, when, and sometimes why the aforementioned celebration should be? Do you really like (or dislike) certain anniversary ideas you've heard mentioned so far, on the podcast or elsewhere? Do us a favor and share your thoughts here--remember, this celebration is going to be as much for you, our valued listeners and forum-friends, as for us!

Comments

• SharkJumperSharkJumper Posts: 204
    I know you said you can't go home again with the Super Show location closing down but I REALLY have fond memories of CGS 300 from September 2007. I have no idea, having not been back since, if the Super Shows were getting enough people to warrant a con, but I liked the idea of fans coming to your "home town" with Redding and seeing Golden Eagle and the places you guys grew up and live in. Perhaps another local location can be secured?

That said, I don't know if I could make a trip out from California again. Things are unsettled here but I do dream of going back, checking out more of Philly and PA, and maybe even exhibiting at a Super Show with my artwork. Financially, it probably isn't worth it from a business stand point so it would mostly be for fun.

The Con Tour idea is okay but it seems like something you could do regardless. I like the idea of one event, one place, with as many people as possible. And, absolutely, one long live podcast of the event. Those were always something special and I frequently go back to listen to those anniversary episodes.
  • SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    edited July 2014
    I believe the geeks should buy punch and pie for all of the listeners.

They can send it to me and I'll make sure to pass it out to everyone.
  • MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    That's an excellent idea @bralinator, but it needs one little tweak:

• TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited July 2014
    I think Shane would prefer this one:

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    Can we get a 10th Anniversary shirt from you guys?

I still have one of my supershow shirts.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    The same thing every great series does when it reaches a major anniversary....a clip show! :D
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Mr_Cosmic said:

The same thing every great series does when it reaches a major anniversary....a clip show! :D

If you're going to go low-budget, then YES to a clip show :D
  • I think that @Adam_Murdough‌ should ride a motorcycle over a tank full of sharks in front of Wild Pig, then after that stunt is complete reveal the true spectacle of the evening... Jumping all of his unread longboxes!!!
  • matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I mentioned it on the episode 1490 thread but one tour stop could be Appleseed Con in Fort Wayne IN. Zack Kruse is the organizer and geeks from four or five states could come down. Lots of friends of the show go to this show.
  • We share a birthday, so I'd love to be involved!
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Give us all another 10 years and/or 1500 more shows and I'm sure we'll all be more then happy. ;)
  • What about some sort of awards/retrospect of comics that have been released/key moments through "The CGS Years" kind of like your golden age, silver age specials. So perhaps you could review the CGS Golden Age as it moves into its Silver Age!
  • I think you have to share the best clips. Maybe with a panel -- Uncle Sal, etc.
  • AgitpropAgitprop Posts: 12
    edited September 2014
    With episode 1500 behind you, and a significant number of unnumbered episodes, you guys should consider a Marvel-style renumbering! When you reach your actual 2000th episode, skip the number ahead to celebrate the achievement, Joey Q style.
  • shanebshaneb Posts: 109
    Why not just do a video episode? I think that could be a lot of fun.
  • I have to admit I really like the random off episode here and there where everyone goes through their subscription list. It inevitably ends up with me having to buy more comics . . . but it is great to hear the commonality and the diversity that each of you bring to the table. I think this could make for a great inclusion around the end of the year with the Best Of awards. Thanks guys!
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

As I've recently started re-re-re-re-re-listening to the Crisis Tapes and since I'm not the only person who listens to the show who vocally adores the academic musings of the Murd on the show, here is my proposal:

Worlds Will Live, Worlds Will Die: Myth, Metatext, Continuity and Cataclysm in DC Comics’ Crisis on Infinite Earths ..... THE AUDIOBOOK

That's right, between now and sometime next year, Murd (should he be a willing participant) will sit down and record himself reading his thesis in chunks. All to be edited together in one massive release from CGS...OR to be released in various parts throughout the CGS Year Ten celebration that is and will be 2015.

What doth @Adam_Murdough think?

Listeners, can I get a "Hear, Hear"?!

I like this idea, but heck, can we just get @Adam_Murdough‌ and @Peter to actually get into the book proper? As I recall, the first pages of the event have not yet been discussed, only the prelude material. I'm for Crisis emphasis either way.
  • I was going to say Top 5 list, but then I thought it would be very interesting to hear a variation of the lists--instead of the top 5 of one topic, a top 1 of 5 topics. For example, each Geek's favorite 1. interview 2. guest 3. moment/episode 4.moment period (super show, etc.) 5. theme or spinoff show you no longer do.
  • brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    Dude! That's bad ass.
  • penn2k said:

No suggestions - just wanted to congratulate @brydeemer‌ @Adam_Murdough‌ @Pants @Peter‌ @ShaneKelly‌ and the rest of the CGS crew on their 10th year of podcasting. That's a most impressive accomplishment gentlemen.

If that was a shirt, I'd buy it. Just sayin'.
    B-)