Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited September 2014
    I was sad for a moment thinking that this was not already on the forums. Good thing we've got @mrfusion‌ on that wall.

And. . . goosebumps. Total, unironic and unapologetic kid feelings for the idea that there is going to be more Millenium Falcon in my life.

(And a fun, playful joke at the end of the video, there.)
  • Options
    Damn my stupid hide for getting excited about this. Won't I ever learn? I am destined to fall in love with this movie, only to (probably) have my heart ripped out, doused in gasoline, set on fire, and stomped on.

I should have a bad feeling about this. But I don't.
  • Options
    Trust your feelings.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I like to think we're in safe hands with Abrams.
  • Options
    luke52 said:

I wonder how many STAR TREK fans said that back in 2007?
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    I did! And I wasn't disappointed! Not to mention all the new fans the movie created. I have several friends who went back to the originals because of their enjoyment of the movie. And both can exist in their world, which is awesome.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    RepoMan said:

I did! And I wasn't disappointed! Not to mention all the new fans the movie created. I have several friends who went back to the originals because of their enjoyment of the movie. And both can exist in their world, which is awesome.

Same here
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

luke52 said:

He batted .500.

Better than Lucas.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

luke52 said:

He batted .500.

Better than Lucas.
    And it still wasn't the worst Star Trek could be... Just off the mark.
  • Options

WetRats said:

luke52 said:

He batted .500.

Better than Lucas.
    Star Trek, from the get-go, has had it's share of stinkers (Spock's Brain, anyone?).

It's easier to forgive when there's gonna be another episode next week that could be great.

When all we get is a movie every few years, the disappointment is much more intense.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

luke52 said:

He batted .500.

Better than Lucas.
    Star Trek, from the get-go, has had it's share of stinkers (Spock's Brain, anyone?).

It's easier to forgive when there's gonna be another episode next week that could be great.

When all we get is a movie every few years, the disappointment is much more intense.
    There was an episode of Buffy where she commented that some people who become vampires seem to stuck in the era they were turned; primarily referencing fashion (& appeared to be mostly those turned in the 70s & 80s.)

Sometimes it seems like there's this (Murd's) time bubble inhabited by people who want the same consistency & feel they initially had. Kind of a "chasing the dragon" situation.

That is all.
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

WetRats said:

luke52 said:

He batted .500.

Better than Lucas.

There was an episode of Buffy where she commented that some people who become vampires seem to stuck in the era they were turned; primarily referencing fashion (& appeared to be mostly those turned in the 70s & 80s.)

Sometimes it seems like there's this (Murd's) time bubble inhabited by people who want the same consistency & feel they initially had. Kind of a "chasing the dragon" situation.

That is all.
    That would explain your feelings toward current Batman comics...
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

WetRats said:

luke52 said:

He batted .500.

Better than Lucas.

That is all.
    I never exempted myself from that. There's a reason I only watched Amazing Spider-man once, skipped ASM2, & just rewatched Spider-man.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

WetRats said:

luke52 said:

He batted .500.

Better than Lucas.

That is all.
    I never exempted myself from that. There's a reason I only watched Amazing Spider-man once, skipped ASM2, & just rewatched Spider-man.

M
    'twould also explain why I'm so much less critical of the current Doctor Who series than the old school Whoies.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

WetRats said:

luke52 said:

He batted .500.

Better than Lucas.

That is all.

M
    'twould also explain why I'm so much less critical of the current Doctor Who series than the old school Whoies.
    It also explains why I think western civilization peaked with Adam and the Ants.