Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I love raising hope. I like to think of it as My Name is Earl season 4+ because Earl drops off really far after 3. Plus it has a Sons of Anarchy crossover (& is super funny)
  • Options
    I would also recommend How I Met Your Mother.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

I would also recommend How I Met Your Mother.

Saw it as it aired, bought the DVD's, re-watched them several times on DVD, got angry at the finale, re-watched the series AGAIN on DVD, own every season, now re-re-re-watch them as they're syndicated on Nick at Night (I think).
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    mwhitt80 said:

I love raising hope. I like to think of it as My Name is Earl season 4+ because Earl drops off really far after 3. Plus it has a Sons of Anarchy crossover (& is super funny)

I've just started watching Earl. Decent so far, but at this point, I'm liking Hope better.
  • Options
    SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    hauberk said:

I've been watching House alot lately. I was a huge fan of the show as it aired and eventually got focused on other things. No idea where I fell off or what happened in the finale. So I'm re-watching until I get somewhere where I go, "Well this is new" and go from there.

I had the first few seasons on DVD but I think the first one did the whole "double-sided" DVD thing that I hate. I eventually got rid of them.

If you're looking for sitcom fair, I cannot strongly enough recommend Raising Hope. The first two seasons in particular are pure genius.
    Raising Hope is a great show.
  • Options
    I'm not afraid to admit that I'm thrilled that Season 8 of Psych is now up.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Been watching Frasier for just over a year and my wife and I only have 10 episodes left and now we don't know what to do.

Toss some salad.

Scramble some eggs.
  • Options
    Currently working through Foyle's War.

At least partly because I seriously covet his blue fedora.

Broadchurch and Season 2 of Maron were other recent binges.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Broadchurch was great.
  • Options
    Steeven said:

WetRats said:

Broadchurch was great.
    Except for Tennant's ridiculous permastubble.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    I tried to get into Broadchurch when it first aired, and actually did watch till the end, but it just didn't work for me. It took itself very seriously, so much that I found it a chore to watch. And I have an aversion to shows that frequently stop for slow motion montages set to dreamy electronic music, something this show did a lot, sometimes multiple times in an episode.

I thought a lot of the acting was great, Tennant and especially his partner, whose name I'm forgetting (she's often been listed as a contender for a female Doctor Who, and I actually wouldn't have a problem with that). Some of the supporting cast, as well. And it was shot beautifully. I just felt like it had a very high opinion of itself that wasn't necessarily warranted.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Still working my may through the A-Team, I don't binge watch so it's been a slow grind, I'm now in season four. I'm in season two of Adam-12 and started Emergency last night.

It's not Netflix but I have finally been allowed to start watching Game of Thrones now that the wife is almost done reading the books.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    chrisw said:

I thought a lot of the acting was great, Tennant and especially his partner, whose name I'm forgetting (she's often been listed as a contender for a female Doctor Who, and I actually wouldn't have a problem with that).

Olivia Colman.

Also known as PC Doris "I've been around the station a few times." Thatcher in Hot Fuzz.
  • Options
    Greg said:

Still working my may through the A-Team, I don't binge watch so it's been a slow grind, I'm now in season four. I'm in season two of Adam-12 and started Emergency last night.

It's not Netflix but I have finally been allowed to start watching Game of Thrones now that the wife is almost done reading the books.

You're in for a treat! (and depending on the episode, so too may be your wife)

OK, all kidding about fan service aside, it really is a pretty terrific series. I'm kind of hoping that they incorporate the novellas into the series in some fashion.
  • Options
    hauberk said:

I'm kind of hoping that they incorporate the novellas into the series in some fashion.

Rumor has it a prequel series is in the works.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Steeven said:

WetRats said:

Broadchurch was great.
    Except for Tennant's ridiculous permastubble.
    Well ... he was sick, see, and so his facial hair grew to a certain point and just stopped ... yeah, that's what happened.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I've been watching the original Mission Impossible series. And here I thought Peter Graves was always on the show
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    The Fall season 2 just arrived on Netflix. The first season was brilliant in many ways but I feel it ended without proper conclusion or resolution. Not recommending the 2nd season, but just notifying anyone else who had watched the first.
  • Options
    DAR said:

I've been watching the original Mission Impossible series. And here I thought Peter Graves was always on the show

I had originally thought so too, but a friend informed me awhile ago that Steven Hill (best known for playing the DA on the first decade of Law And Order) played the role that Graves later filled.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Any watching Salvage Hunters with Drew Pritchard? my wife turned me onto it. She's also an interior designer though, so I'm being subtly influenced here.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

DAR said:

I had originally thought so too, but a friend informed me awhile ago that Steven Hill (best known for playing the DA on the first decade of Law And Order) played the role that Graves later filled.
    Supposedly, the main reason for Hill being replaced is because as an Orthodox Jew, he refused to work once the sun went down on Friday until the evening of the next day. With a schedule as tight as Mission: Impossible's, that was difficult to work around.

He's not as memorable as Graves in the role. I've actually seen that first season with him, but I couldn't tell you anything specific about Hill's character.

• Options
    Yeah to be honest I'm finding these episodes not the most compelling
  • Options
    Decided to revisit Lost.
  • Options
    I just watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6CKKWXDldQ

'Twas a truly original film.
  • Options
    I just watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6CKKWXDldQ

'Twas a truly original film.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Started watching Hell on Wheels.

It's a poor substitute for Deadwood, but it's still pretty good.

Colm Meaney sure has had a great career.
  • Options
    I've quite enjoyed Hell on Wheels as well. It moves into the absurd a time or two but overall has been pretty fun.
  • Options
    Just started the Green Lantern animated series.
  • Options
    May not have been Netflix, but watched CBGB last night. Incredible story and an amazing cast.
  • Options
    I order mike tyson mysteries on amazon. That cartoon is pretty great. For prime members there are a ton of hbo shows available prime membership ( no extra cost).